15+ Year Old Account

Arena Gear swaps

I was talking with some guildies about this and i thought I would get some Arena PvPers ideas on this.

A discount for trading in your previous seasons gear for the current season. You would get a small arena point discount but the rating does not get changed.

For example: If you have the Furious Gladiator's Helm you could trade the Helm along with a 10-20% Arena points discount in for the Relentless Helm, provided you have the correct rating. Only applying to the 5 main armor pieces.

It will only work for the last season and the newest season. Meaning you could not trade deadly for furious for relentless.

I'm not seeing a downside to this. I'm not an arena junkie, so if this has been brought up before, just let me know what the reaction was. I would be more willing to invest more time in arena if I knew that my time spent getting the best gear would actually help me in the next season as well. It just seems like the gear is a complete waste once the season is over. You could make the same argument for PvE but I would argue its different. I'll sasve that for another time.

Thx guys.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Re: Arena Gear swaps

Pretty nice idea, altho the 5 gear items are pretty easily bought if you have those ratings.
    This idea is great on those off-set items (boots / belt / neck / cloak / bracers) since now you basicly need 1 - 2 days of full BG wh*ring and afking to get those items