Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Worgen cat form mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    What i was saying is that crossing a cat with a dog is like crossing two opposites. They are two arch enemies so the conclusion wouldnt be so good.
    There's a lot of things that don't apply to WoW in the same way as RL.

Ex: Ever tried hiding from a fire mage underwater? How did that work out for you?

Troll cat form will be a tiger IMO

appropriately jungle-themed

Bear: bear w/tusks

as for worgen.... a cat with fangs?

wait.... cats already have fangs...... dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglywho
    There's a lot of things that don't apply to WoW in the same way as RL.

Ex: Ever tried hiding from a fire mage underwater? How did that work out for you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YadzM1rIx1w

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    ugg all of you arguing with this guy are retarded.
    dogs and cats are very much different, they are two different species. wolves and dogs are the same species and lions, tigers, lynxes, pumas etc. are from the same species.
    to all the people that are saying they are going to get a wolf form for cat form. YOU'RE WRONG!!!
    cat form has many attacks such as mangle, rip, rake, claw, swipe, feline grace and i can go on. in what ways do these skills have anything in common with wolves. the only attack that i can think of that cat form has that would be believable for a wolf is ferocious bite since.....well you know that's how dogs wolves attack other animals and people.

worgens are getting some sort of cat end of story so plz quit debating about it.
    Exactly the same thing i thought, people obsessed about Worgens being able two shift forms between human and worgen, that they think they will be different and unique from other races in all the possible ways...

haha ^^

Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

What i was saying is that crossing a cat with a dog is like crossing two opposites. They are two arch enemies so the conclusion wouldnt be so good.
    To my knowledge, there is no such thing as animal opposites, just different animals...

If you put a cow in the middle of a lion pack, that cow is dead already...it'll be their dinner.

Yet, cowmen turn into lions.

Besides that, they are humanoids with features of those animals, they aren't the actual animals.

I've said all over the place that cat and dogs are not opposites, why do people still insist they are?

propably just a meangy cat with scars and blood drooling out of his mouth like a werewolf like cat

Maybe a hyena?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena

They are cat-like (Feliformia), but still look a bit like dogs.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Cats and dogs are actually pretty close to one another, evolutionarily.

Why is it okay for a Cat to also have a bear form? Cats are closer to dogs than bears are, bears are more closely related to rabbits, kangaroos, mice, and humans than they are to cats OR dogs.

If you look, the male worgen all have pretty cool looking manes, and glowing red eyes. Worgen cat and bear forms will be pretty standard, but with the mane like tuft, glowing red eyes, and a stylized face that looks more like a hyena, an animal that is technically a feline, but very closely resembles dogs due to the relative closeness of canines and felines.

If you look at the Tauren cats and bears, their faces have some bovine qualities as far as nose shape, and snout lines. Night elf cats and bears have the same deal, except their cat's noses are slightly upturned like a human's. A worgen cat's face will likely have the nose drawn in to appear thinner and more protruding like a dog's.

As far as cats being more graceful and flexible, you're right, wolves aren't up there, but foxes, coyotes, and jackals are ALL very graceful and flexible, just like cats. Dogs and wolves both use their claws and paws more than they're given credit for. Lions, Jaguars, Panthers, and Tigers are all famous for their powerful upper bodies and huge arms with vicious claws, but examine the lynx or the cheetah, these are examples of cats who don't use their claws for hunting quite as much, because they're not built to tackle and wrestle with another animal, just like a wolf. Cats have incredibly acute hearing, and reasonable sense of smell, much like dogs have one of nature's most finely tuned noses, and ears to match a cat's nose, good but not the best. Wolves run faster on average than cats do, but cats are much stronger and larger on average. Cats move with more stealth, and can climb, but wolves can change direction at top speed more easily. Almost all canines are social, whereas most cats are solitary. Wolves are one of the most endurance-based animals on the planet, along with horses and humans, our muscles are built for sustainability, not output.

Do worgen druids sound farfetched? Yes. Does being a wolf-man mean you're less cat like? No, it's actually probably CLOSER to go from wolf to cat than anything else.

Deleted

true Worgen cat form:

The troll form should be slightly slimmer than tauren or night elf cat form imo. Then, of course, tiger/panther like fur and sabre teeth/tusks. Maybe with some shamanistic/druidic (is that a word?) pendants here and there.

Worgen should look very gruff and scrubby with slightly more canine facial features (not exactly wolf, maybe a longer snout, pointy ears and such)

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut
    The troll form should be slightly slimmer than tauren or night elf cat form imo. Then, of course, tiger/panther like fur and sabre teeth/tusks. Maybe with some shamanistic/druidic (is that a word?) pendants here and there.

Worgen should look very gruff and scrubby with slightly more canine facial features (not exactly wolf, maybe a longer snout, pointy ears and such)
    As long as we still shapeshift into bears/cats, right on...

I'd imagine troll forms similar to:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downl...llpaper28.html

Feathers on the armbands...the similar beads for the neck piece.

Worgen cat form is going to look like a Leopard with wolf features on its face imo.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account

It will be some sort of cat, of course. The changes made for the troll and worgens will be variations on the same general form (i.e. the "new" cat and bear forms of Taurens and Night Elves).

The main reason I replied was to respond to an early post: dogs and wolves are *not* the same species, the former is Canis familiaris and the latter is Canis lupes. Also, lions, tigers, lynxes, and house cats are also different species. Domesticated cats are actually in a different genus than (most) the big cats. Certainly what was meant to be said is that dogs and wolves are in the same *family*, as all felines are in the same family. You go up one more tier on the taxonomic ladder, however, and they are all (felines and canines) in the same Order, Carnivora. As a matter of fact, I believe felines and canines share ancestry at some point. Just had to put that out there.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    It will be some sort of cat, of course. The changes made for the troll and worgens will be variations on the same general form (i.e. the "new" cat and bear forms of Taurens and Night Elves).

The main reason I replied was to respond to an early post: dogs and wolves are *not* the same species, the former is Canis familiaris and the latter is Canis lupes. Also, lions, tigers, lynxes, and house cats are also different species. Domesticated cats are actually in a different genus than (most) the big cats. Certainly what was meant to be said is that dogs and wolves are in the same *family*, as all felines are in the same family. You go up one more tier on the taxonomic ladder, however, and they are all (felines and canines) in the same Order, Carnivora. As a matter of fact, I believe felines and canines share ancestry at some point. Just had to put that out there.
    Ya they all came from Bear like animals that shared both Canine and Feline traits.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I know one thing that would be cool for worgen druids..

Cat form = some special wolf form
    Flying form = some kind of bat form
    bear form = Classic worgen form instead.

With all the stats and taklents unchanged, it would look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    I know one thing that would be cool for worgen druids..

Cat form = some special wolf form
    Flying form = some kind of bat form
    bear form = Classic worgen form instead.

With all the stats and taklents unchanged, it would look cool.
    They are following NE druid training so they will all be the same forms, Bear, Cat, Storm Crow with a hint of wolfy in them all.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    They are following NE druid training so they will all be the same forms, Bear, Cat, Storm Crow with a hint of wolfy in them all.
    Glad too, the other forms people are suggesting are either boring/stupid, I like the current forms.

Not so much arch enemies.
    It's more the fact that cats have a high skin renewal rage and shed 10 or so times more skin flakes, which irritates the dog's nose. If a kitten and puppy grow up together the dog's nose can tolerate cats a lot better.

On average there's a lot of people allergic to cats for the same reason, while barely anyone is allergic to dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Not so much arch enemies.
    It's more the fact that cats have a high skin renewal rage and shed 10 or so times more skin flakes, which irritates the dog's nose. If a kitten and puppy grow up together the dog's nose can tolerate cats a lot better.

On average there's a lot of people allergic to cats for the same reason, while barely anyone is allergic to dogs.
    I am allergic to 2 things, bullets and knives lmao. But ya Both cats and dogs are pretty awesome.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel