Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: Worgen cat form mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezog
    It's the NE model. Probably just there to reinforce the "Hey, look, Druids!" message.
    really? meh i play horde so i dont look at it close enough to notice the fangs being that large.

Bezog

Quote Originally Posted by Vineheart01
    really? meh i play horde so i dont look at it close enough to notice the fangs being that large.
    The glowing necklace is what gives it away. Also, it's purple. If there are purple Worgen Druid forms, I shall vehemently not choose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    They gave them new updated forms without changing them dramatically mostly because, 1. they already had a determined form, 2. There really isn't anything else tauren could use that'd make sense, and 3. it's already established and become "loved", so they only advanced it, not completely changed it.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that Cat Form is only what we call it and recognize it as. That's why bliz also calls it that, though in development terms it is Melee DPS. It can be anything that makes sense and serves the role of melee dps. It doesn't have to be a fucking cat just cause all the other races have one, if it can be a wolf and function similarly(maybe give Worgen moves that are namd and animated as bites in place of all the scratches that the cats have, but have them function exactly the same).
    No, why is it so hard to understand that druids shapeshift? A cat form can be just as awesome as a wolf form, they are being taught by night elves...night elves don't have wolf forms.

Worgen by themselves don't even understand druidism.

And don't say you just change names and you fix the whole thing; that's a bunch of bullshit.

They'd need new icons, new animations, as well as talent rewording.

It's stupid. It doesn't make anymore sense.

Honestly, why do you want it to be a wolf so bad? You guys want it just to have it.

They're shape shifters. The actual ability IS cat form, it's stupid to change it for one race when the class is known to shapeshift into cats and bears. Being a wolf doesn't make more sense, in ways it actually makes less sense and is more work for nothing, when moonkins/trees still want their forms redone.

And bullshit on the tauren thing too, you think cats and cows go together? No, they don't. If taurens were just being released as druids and worgen were already out with cat form, people wouldn't care about worgen, they had time to get used to it.

There would be just as many people arguing for boar form or some other dumbass idea.

You want it just to have it, if you want to be a wolf all the time, then don't be a druid.

I repeat, don't be a druid.

And you can't argue that the current bear forms are racial specific. They're pretty much the same skins with horns on Tauren
    I disagree, tauren bears are bigger, colors are way different, they have bones and beads on their neck, and the head is higher up. Of course bears are going to look similar, but in terms of details, they are many, many differences.

Let me get this straight.... you want an upstanding human/wolfman to shapeshift into a wolf.....

Not gonna happen - get over it

No, why is it so hard to understand that druids shapeshift? A cat form can be just as awesome as a wolf form, they are being taught by night elves...night elves don't have wolf forms.

Worgen by themselves don't even understand druidism.

And don't say you just change names and you fix the whole thing; that's a bunch of bullshit.

They'd need new icons, new animations, as well as talent rewording.

It's stupid. It doesn't make anymore sense.

Honestly, why do you want it to be a wolf so bad? You guys want it just to have it.

They're shape shifters. The actual ability IS cat form, it's stupid to change it for one race when the class is known to shapeshift into cats and bears. Being a wolf doesn't make more sense, in ways it actually makes less sense and is more work for nothing, when moonkins/trees still want their forms redone.

And bullshit on the tauren thing too, you think cats and cows go together? No, they don't. If taurens were just being released as druids and worgen were already out with cat form, people wouldn't care about worgen, they had time to get used to it.

There would be just as many people arguing for boar form or some other dumbass idea.

You want it just to have it, if you want to be a wolf all the time, then don't be a druid.

I repeat, don't be a druid.

I disagree, tauren bears are bigger, colors are way different, they have bones and beads on their neck, and the head is higher up. Of course bears are going to look similar, but in terms of details, they are many, many differences.
    A) No one realistically expects it to be wolf. They are just hoping for something unique, unlike the lameness that is current bear forms. Doesn't matter what you say, if you have to zoom in all the way in addition to needing to a few secs to study the two side by side to notice these "details" then they look too much alike to be called unique, especially from an in-game perspective.

B) Worgen "could" have discovered druidism on their own, withuot the help of NE's. That's not the way the story is being written but you don't have to be shown something to learn how it works. Tauren discovered druidism without being taught, though admittedly once they had they were given some guidance by cenarius. And Trolls have been practicing druidism since before NE's existed.

C) Tauren changing into bears seems asinine as "cows," as you call them, are already thick skinned. This was just bad planning from the get go, but whatever. it is what it is.

D) And lastly, stop telling people not to put forth their ideas about things and telling them to play some other class. they pay the same fees you do so they have the right to make suggestions about how to improve the product. If they are the minority on an issue, fine, but they have the same right to speak their mind as you.

E) Oh, PS: Tauren have far more in common with Gnolls (IE: Pigs) than any other race (appearance wise) so boar form isn't dumb idea just different one.
    "WTF! The lock is ninja'ing all the soul shards!"

I can't help but notice that fourteen pages in, people still can't figure out that a cat is a cat.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

So a tauren can transform into a cat, a night elf can transform into a cat, a troll will prob turn into a cat and a worgen will then turn into a wolf? ....

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I can't help but notice that fourteen pages in, people still can't figure out that a cat is a cat.
    mysteries of life part 339 i believe?
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Everything is always my fault, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kavod
    You know you play too much wow when, as you climb into bed one night, your wife tells you, "You're not attuned to enter this dungeon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    "Brb, my 2nd eldest son is sleep walking and just went and threw up in my 6 year olds back pack"

- Ok guys we need a Worgen cat form. Remember they are from a nightmarish place, aflicted by a curse.
    - so Tauren druids got horns, NE got marks and ears...worgen got.......

- I dont even know how to start it ...

30 minutes later...

-fangs...
    -FAngs!
    -FAngs!
    -BIG Fangs! (got a raise)
    -Zomg!
    Well, there you go -_(O_o)_-
    Your you're own enemy.

MEOWOOF!!!! :P

And good job on those models. Look very plausible.

I hope Trolls and worgen get a different form.....not CAT.....just give em Wolf-form :P

Wolf -cat
    Rhino -bear
    pine-tree -tree
    shark - aqua
    condor - flight
    owlbeast - moonkin
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Regarding just wolves vs. dogs.

They are not the same.

A domestic dog is essentially a wolf that never leaves puppyhood. If you've ever been around wolves, even domesticated ones, you'll know that they are a far different breed than your common dog. They are larger, they have a bigger jaw, longer neck and they move much much quieter than any dog you will ever own. Even in a pack.

Anyway, back to a pet peeve of mine. I'm upset you can't really choose your path of druidism.

What I mean is that I wish rather than just going for cat form I wish they had a quest option where you could either become a cat or a druid of the fang (snake.) I think it should have been an option for the Wailing Caverns in the Barrens. Snakes being equal in DPS to the cat but using a poison mechanic over a bleed mechanic, which would essentially be the same mechanic just look different.

As for forms, here's my guess.

Trolls will be a tiger with big teeth. They will probably also have a mohawk.

Worgen I'd like as wolves for their stealth form. I'd also like them as a larger wolf of some sort for their bear form. Essentially I'd like for Worgen druids to be all about their curse and the shape shifting powers it bestows upon them.
    as far as im aware as long as the animals can mate and produce offspring that also can amte and have offspring they are teh same species now variations may be there but dogs and wolves can amte and have offspring that is capable of producing offspring. and as far as wolves being bigger take a look at an irish wolfhound 8)

Wow i did this? I'm proud of myself :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by invadermak
    One end is dps the other end is tank.
    10/10.

imo they should just make car form into wolf form
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

could just rename forms..
    cat form > feral combat form
    bear form > feral protection form
    then the forms could be anything.

i dont like the idia to transform into cats.i mean they are dog related right?it would be an irony to trasform into...cats!i think that they will transform into wolves(cause many wolves in the game turn stealth) so i think this will might be
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

i think that the troll druid form will look like tigers with wild 80's hair--where nelf druids are more like panthers and tauren are like lions--so what other like, subspecies of cat would be best suited to wolfish characteristics...hmmm...bobcats? cougers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.