Dodged at Expertise Cap

So....I was running heroic Utgarde Keep today, and the first mangle I attempted to put on the first boss (level 82, mind you) was dodged.....I'm at 26 expertise (6.5%) and the only thing I can think of is that it must have been a glitch. I can't remember whether my attack was from in front or from behind, but I'm sure it was a dodge and not a parry (confirmed by recount). As far as I know, mob dodge is the same in front as it is from behind, so I just can't figure out what would have caused this. I wasn't dodged at any other point in the entire instance or in my over 2000 attacks on the heroic training dummy (attacking from the front just in case that affected it).

Any ideas on how I was dodged?

Re: Dodged at Expertise Cap

Well, like players, some mobs are reported to have higher dodge / parry / hit than others. But i sorta doubt it is in the case of a heroic.

- Chloe
    Chloe - Raid leader of <The Titans> X @ Deathwing EU

6.5% is soft cap from behind.. hardcap is from front/etc im not sure but over 13% i think.. so it might been accidently from front.. etc boss is small you ran bit too much into him and it count like from front. or just other random stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis
    6.5% is soft cap from behind.. hardcap is from front/etc im not sure but over 13% i think.. so it might been accidently from front.. etc boss is small you ran bit too much into him and it count like from front. or just other random stuff
    Dodge cap is the same from behind and front.

Parry though, has a hard cap of 13-14% (dont remember, its around there)
    Chloe - Raid leader of <The Titans> X @ Deathwing EU

I can remember when the last time I ran heroic UK, but, did you have a debuff on you? Did anyone mobs or bosses in UK lower your chance to hit? That might be it.

Just something to think about.

But yeah, soft cap for dodge is 6.5%

expertise is sooooo overated

Could be that the particular mob you were attacking had a slightly higher dodge chance for whatever reason. Back in TBC, there used to be a trash mob in Shadow Labyrinth (normal and heroic) that had an inflated crit chance, and would frequently crit supposedly crit immune tanks. I can't recall reading anything about mobs with inflated dodge chance, but it sounds possible.

I suppose it's also possible that it was some one-in-a-million stat rounding glitch.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I got you beat... When I was lvl'n my frost mage I was sitting at 7%+ hit through talents and gear... So at lvl 75 I "missed" a lvl 73 mob 3x in a row! Still haven't figured that one out!

15+ Year Old Account

the Bomb bots that run around just outside mimirons room have a higher than normal crit chance. Got crit by one last night when i was playing around with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    I got you beat... When I was lvl'n my frost mage I was sitting at 7%+ hit through talents and gear... So at lvl 75 I "missed" a lvl 73 mob 3x in a row! Still haven't figured that one out!
    pretty sure spells need 17% hit to never miss. Most people can't obtain that in leveling gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    pretty sure spells need 17% hit to never miss. Most people can't obtain that in leveling gear.
    17% versus mobs 3 levels higher. Versus the same level it's 4%, less than melee. As for lower level mobs.. well, not more than 4% for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

The Twilight Shadowblades on Vezax trash (the rogue style ones), also have a similar thing where they are able to crit on crit immune tanks and dodge loads of attacks from Exp capped meleers.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Quote Originally Posted by Smikis
    Are people really this clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by lollero
    Are people really this clueless?
    Care to elaborate or did you just want to make vague insulting posts?

My personal favourite was having a level 1 rat fully resist 2 fireballs in a row, from my level 70 mage.....