Dranei Paladin Hit cap

This is embarrasing, but google searches and forum searches have never really touched on this topic.

With the Heroic Precense I get as a dranei, does that factor in on the stats when you look at them on your character, or is that something you have to factor in yourself.

Right now I am at 265 hit rating, saying it is 8%. Personally I would love to be able to drop some hit for more str, but I am not sure if that is 8%, what my stats say, or 9% if you have to add the extra % yourself.

Also on the topic of Hit rating, is it 5% hit the Soft cap and 8% the Hard cap,

Is it o.k. to drop the Hard cap, not below the soft cap, in order to put more raw str. in or is it very important to maintain this 8%

I appreciate your time, and apologize for being a noob and not knowing this myself, but it has been driving me crazy to get a straight answer.

Re: Dranei Paladin Hit cap

Take all your gear off. Now look at your stats. Does your hit say 0% or 1%? Question answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

The racial hit isn't reflected in your character screen, about the 5% thing, never heard that myself, I've always just gone for the hard cap as an arms warrior, not sure how important it is for ret though.

The 5% is melee hit cap vs your level, so basically pvp.
    8% is melee hit cap for mobs 3 levels above you, so raid bosses.

If I remember my terminology correctly, both are considered soft caps, whereas the hard caps would be hit capped for your spells as well, though I don't recall the number because it is a dps loss to go for it.

8% is your cap as a paladin for white attacks and melee special abilities, and i think that Exorcism and Consecration are the only attacks that are considered spells. The cap for them is 17%, but i don't know any Paladins that go for spell cap.

This is, of course, for PvE.
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

Being a Draenei Death Knight I can answer this with personal experience.

Heroic Presence does not add 1% to your character page, so take what your character page says and add +1%.

If I remember correctly it's 239 ht rating for 7% and 263 hit rating for 8%, though I could have my numbers mixed up this is just from memory.

I have aimed for the 239, and am currently at 245 and haven't missed ever, besides Death Coils and Icy Touches.

15+ Year Old Account

Its covered in the stickie for what Hit value you need.