Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Holy Paladin gems by color

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    It really saddens me to see how the paladin has become a faceroll class. I'm sure that 98% of the paladins (other classes too though) just take a spec and rotation (sometimes only the spec) from EJ and then think that they are doing it right.

You whine about casualization, yet you dont put time in your own class either.

Anyways, the "INT INT INT" is probably a great "soloheal the tank" spec but when you are put to heal a/the group your members will probably die before the spell has been completed. I myself really like the Beacon and Sacred Shield changes.

Imagine this: You have stacked some good spell power and you are fully 25 man raidbuffed (by fully I mean pretty much all beneficial buffs from all available classes. Chances are that FoL could crit for 10-12k. That means that the tank now gets a HoT for 1k per sec! Now that is something I really like seeing. ;D

Just because someone is or acts different doesnt mean he/she is bad. Dont be a bigot.

Thank you.
    has 2 achivements total for 25 man ulduar, one for fl, other for xt normal mode.

I find the variety of comments here intriguing to an extent. Yes either all Int gems or Int + (sp mp5) work great, but in the end: Just don't suck. I've healed with both specs and tried different glyphs ( swapped HL with HS glyph for fol and HS combo instead of HL spam ) and in the end I've topped the meters and kept tanks from dying with both. What matters is knowing when and who to heal. Skill is greater arguing about the +-50 variance in stats that mixing (sp, int, mp5) gems will give you.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    show me a pally with sp gems and less the at least 25k mana unbuffed that has hard mode 25 man achievements and prove me wrong.
    Wouldn't prove a thing. Bad players can be carried through most achievements.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    again, prove my point. no hard mode 25 man kills, not even yogg 25 killed. less then 25k mana, and sp gemmed. i can probably look up every pally in this thread who said u don't need all int and sp can be gemmed and see the achivements with no hard mode 25 done.
    Your right I don't have those, man if only I stacked pure Int I could carry my entire guild through that content

Quote Originally Posted by Saier
    Your right I don't have those, man if only I stacked pure Int I could carry my entire guild through that content
    chicken or the egg? no. as u can find int stacking pallies in guilds that have not done hard modes, u still won't find pallies that stack sp and have less then 25k mana unbuffed.

reason, when your guild is good enough to do those hard modes, u will realize u need the int and mana to get through the hard modes.

kind of like a kid learning to walk. why walk when u can crawl? but if u ever want to win the 100m dash, you will need to walk sometime, and you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Saier
    You can actually by not OOming.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Gemming pve: Pure +20int gems all over the place! ofc you has to get the Meta gem aswell to work but with that you can just put what ever you like but INT INT INT! i still got about 2450 i SP unbuffed with only int gem's
    I SURVIVED THE 2010 TOPIC: CELESTIAL STEED AND LIL'XT TO BE SOLD IN THE BLIZZARD STORE

I love how the ones who disagree with stacking int all have poor achievements. Haven't even killed Yogg 25.

For the last time...

STACK INT OR YOU BAD

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    I love how the ones who disagree with stacking int all have poor achievements. Haven't even killed Yogg 25.

For the last time...

STACK INT OR YOU BAD
    Yes, i will stack INT....when im gonna need more mana...until then no way...

Conclusion: Stack whatever u want and whatever u think u need...

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    Conclusion: Stack whatever u want and whatever u think u need...
    I think I need 40 pounds of ice cream, a couple hookers, and a bacon double cheeseburger, but I'm not going to get those things because they are bad for me.

Sort of like SP gems for holy paladins.

I can't emphasize this enough: just because you want something doesn't mean it's right for you. It's great that you've retained your human sense of individuality, but the unfortunate truth is that, for all PVE holy paladins, INT is the correct choice. And let's be honest: if you feel a burning need to express your individuality in the way you're gemming your toon in WoW, you might consider a more creative hobby.

It's one thing to tell a child they can be "whatever they want to be" when they grow up. It's a totally different thing to tell them they can put whatever kind of fuel into their car that they want and expect it to run just fine. Diesel engines need diesel fuel. Unleaded engines need unleaded fuel.

Putting SP gems (or any kind of gem besides straight INT) into holy paladin gear is like putting low-grade gasoline into your car when you could put Premium in it for the same price. Nobody in their right mind would intentionally use the crappy fuel, so why would you intentionally use crappy gems?

It's your money. Do whatever you want with your gems. If you don't suck and you're in a mid-range raiding guild, there's a good chance nobody will even notice that you're intentionally gimping yourself in order to get "whatever u want and whatever u think u need".

Just don't kid yourself into thinking you're doing it right, because you're not. There is a correct way to be the most efficient and effective paladin healer you can be, and that's to stack INT gems.

Yes, i will stack INT....when im gonna need more mana...until then no way...
    INT does more than just give you mana.

dofisw;eofuibeifoubsrlgiusebrgliue3g

Have you even looked at your talent tree?

Quote Originally Posted by fex
    I think I need 40 pounds of ice cream, a couple hookers, and a bacon double cheeseburger, but I'm not going to get those things because they are bad for me.

Sort of like SP gems for holy paladins.

I can't emphasize this enough: just because you want something doesn't mean it's right for you. It's great that you've retained your human sense of individuality, but the unfortunate truth is that, for all PVE holy paladins, INT is the correct choice. And let's be honest: if you feel a burning need to express your individuality in the way you're gemming your toon in WoW, you might consider a more creative hobby.

It's one thing to tell a child they can be "whatever they want to be" when they grow up. It's a totally different thing to tell them they can put whatever kind of fuel into their car that they want and expect it to run just fine. Diesel engines need diesel fuel. Unleaded engines need unleaded fuel.

Putting SP gems (or any kind of gem besides straight INT) into holy paladin gear is like putting low-grade gasoline into your car when you could put Premium in it for the same price. Nobody in their right mind would intentionally use the crappy fuel, so why would you intentionally use crappy gems?

It's your money. Do whatever you want with your gems. If you don't suck and you're in a mid-range raiding guild, there's a good chance nobody will even notice that you're intentionally gimping yourself in order to get "whatever u want and whatever u think u need".

Just don't kid yourself into thinking you're doing it right, because you're not. There is a correct way to be the most efficient and effective paladin healer you can be, and that's to stack INT gems.

INT does more than give you mana.

dofisw;eofuibeifoubsrlgiusebrgliue3g

Have you even looked at your talent tree?
    Hehe, this reminds me of spanish inquisition..." there is only one religion and all others are false"........
    correct way is the one in which someone can do its best... I been there (INT,INT, HL spam), didnt feel useful, gone +SP/int/mp5 way, gone raid wall spec, also GM and RL said im doing better now, enough for me....

Ye, i know it gives more than mana, but thats not worth to mention, only small mount of SP and crit

You gem for the hardest encounter. The easy ones don't matter. If you only plan on doing Naxx, First couple bosses of Uld 10 man and ToC normal until Faction Champions, then gem whatever you want, gem STR because it really doesn't matter but if you would like to optimize yourself so when the time comes your ready, you might want to rethink those spellpower gems.

So what is more likely to happen:

A) You run out of mana because hard encounter is more demanding

B) Your tank dies because you only healed him for 20,000 instead of 20,500

You decide.

As a Paladin. 20 INT raid buffed gives: 360 Max Mana, 6 Spell Power, 3.6 Mp5, 0.14% Crit
    I'm just gonna go ahead and bold that so you all understand what +Int even does.
    But hey, I'm sure all you have your reasons for not gemming INT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeandbake
    U need 1 purple or 1 green and 1 orange for your meta

Hehe, this reminds me of spanish inquisition..." there is only one religion and all others are false"........
    correct way is the one in which someone can do its best...

Ye, i know it gives more than mana, but thats not worth to mention, only small mount of SP and crit

We are not talking about your religion. We're not talking about what you want to be when you grow up.

We're talking about how to equip your character as best as possible. There is exactly 1 best way to do that, and that is to use one purple gem to meet your meta requirements, then stack INT. It doesn't matter whether you're spamming HLs on tanks, or beaconing and FoLing the raid. Either way, INT will help you the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    You gem for the hardest encounter. The easy ones don't matter.

So what is more likely to happen:

A) You run out of mana because hard encounter is more demanding

B) Your tank dies because you only healed him for 20,000 instead of 20,500

You decide.

As a Paladin. 20 INT raid buffed gives: 360 Max Mana, 6 Spell Power, 3.6 Mp5, 0.14% Crit
    But hey, I'm sure all you have your reasons for not gemming INT.
    A) I do run oom when boss is on 1% (have LoH ready), dont see the point ending fight with 20-30% mana pool left
    B) I will heal for more if i gem for sp, not int, right? And here u talk about RNG, u can never know how high your heal will be....

A) I do run oom when boss is on 1% (have LoH ready), dont see the point ending fight with 20-30% mana pool left
    B) I will heal for more if i gem for sp, not int, right? And here u talk about RNG, u can never know how high your heal will be....
    Quote the first part. You Gem for the hardest encounter. You heal people with LoH? Thats pretty terrible. Get the glyph and LoH yourself for another 8k mana.

Perhaps you are running 10 mans with 4 healers.
    Maybe your in Naxx 25 with 10 healers.

Whatever the case, with 32k mana and running only two healers on Lord Jaraxxus, I used two innervates, LoH Glyph, mana potions, owl trinket and ended the fight with less then 10%. So like I said, you gem for the hardest encounter and the hardest encounters do not require more +healing. If you wanted to be that kind of healer, I highly recommend playing another healing class. That or go ahead and clear easymode content and be happy your Flash does an extra 600 because you gemmed full SP, just don't ever think you are gonna be able to clear content thats worth clearing 10/25 man without being carried.

Also, are you an idiot? Healing isn't RNG, nobody dies because your heal didn't do enough they die because you didn't heal, the difference of 500 to 1000 from RNG is most likely the least likely cause of death in raiding ever and the fact you are even trying to tell me this means you don't even run predictive healing and my efforts in teaching you the errors in your way are in vain.

Go gem SP and enjoy Naxx/Nerfed Content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Quote the first part. You Gem for the hardest encounter. You heal people with LoH? Thats pretty terrible. Get the glyph and LoH yourself for another 8k mana.

Perhaps you are running 10 mans with 4 healers.
    Maybe your in Naxx 25 with 10 healers.

Whatever the case, with 32k mana and running only two healers on Lord Jaraxxus, I used two innervates, LoH Glyph, mana potions, owl trinket and ended the fight with less then 10%. So like I said, you gem for the hardest encounter and the hardest encounters do not require more +healing. If you wanted to be that kind of healer, I highly recommend playing another healing class. That or go ahead and clear easymode content and be happy your Flash does an extra 600 because you gemmed full SP, just don't ever think you are gonna be able to clear content thats worth clearing 10/25 man without being carried.

Also, are you an idiot? Healing isn't RNG, nobody dies because your heal didn't do enough they die because you didn't heal, the difference of 500 to 1000 from RNG is most likely the least likely cause of death in raiding ever.
    Dont see the point offending me here, i didnt call u an idiot....
    Healing is RNG, do u crit every heal? ofc u dont...
    I didnt say im healing with LOH, only im having it ready when i oom at 1% HP of the boss...
    And in whole thread i didnt say im going for full SP gems, i just dont got INT gems all the way...
    And once again, if i need more mana, i would go for Loh glyph on myself, but guess what, I DONT need all that mana....
    If your heal style assumes HL spam all the way, go for it, i dont have anything against it, but thats too boring for me, and using all my spell repertoire (hl,fol,hs,loh,hos,....) feels better...also not topping overheal meters feels better...im not saying overheal is bad, but its also not useful....

Quote Originally Posted by fex

We are not talking about your religion. We're not talking about what you want to be when you grow up.

We're talking about how to equip your character as best as possible. There is exactly 1 best way to do that, and that is to use one purple gem to meet your meta requirements, then stack INT. It doesn't matter whether you're spamming HLs on tanks, or beaconing and FoLing the raid. Either way, INT will help you the most.
    No, we are talking about YOUR religion which is INT,INT,INT... And u dont allow me to have my own opinion, since im prefectly fine with yours...
    U heard about Galileo? claimed earth is round? noone belived...
    Cant u just be open minded and leave possibility that some other theories can work too?

We have 2 pallies healers in our guild, both top notch gear and brilliant healers. What do they stack? Int. Why? Because it's the best stat. Doing anything else or refusing to believe it is just because you don't want to be wrong/bad.
    A pally stacks int.
    /endthread

why do we still have scrubs here telling us not stacking all int is the way to go.

it's like 2 +2 = 4. u can't change the fact.. this is not an opinion.

in wow, patch 3.2, stacking all int as a pally is THE best way to gem, PERIOD. If u don't, u are doing low lvl content or being carried by druids and priests that know how to heal as u flash of light the tank in hard mode thor or the new hard mode toc. good luck with that, i'm sure you will be happy looking at recount as your overheal is low, and your tank deaths is high. well, at least u didn't need all that mana.

good grief some people r thick