Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Impossible to beat Rogues as Blood

So, Rogues? WHy are they allowed to be so godly? So much CC, so much damage.

I am questing in Tanaris on my Warrior and along comes a rogue and ganks me then camps me. So I fly my DK over, and I'm thinking the only chance I have to beat him is catching out of stealth and jack him up fast.

Well, after 5 fights I won one and he won 4. I consider myself a damn good PvPer, but Rogues 1v1 make me wanna blow a fuse in a major way.

Every fight ended with me being Stunned, Dismantled and Evaded into Oblivion.

Lets take a look at 12 seconds worth of stuns and a 15 second evasion stacked with an 8 second dismantle.

35 seconds? I have to survive 35 seconds against a class that does the best single DPS by far?

Yes, I know PvP isnt balanced around 1v1, but lets be realistic, Rogues are about as OP as OP gets. And I really have no clue why Blizzard allows a single class to have such amazing CC, Immunity to damage coupled with the best Damage?

It's times like this I really want to just Unistal and find a game that isn't so horribly balanced for PvP. Sadly none exists =(

Sad that the best MMO out there has such terrible PvP. How bad is it that no one can compete with a game that is so bad? Disheartening.
    80 DK (Blood tank) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Pally (Tank/Holy) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Shammy (Resto/Enhance) 450 JC/450 Enchanting
    80 Lock (Destro) 450 Tailoring/450 Enchanting
    80 Hunter (SV) 450 Mining/450 JC

Re: Impossible to beat Rogues as Blood

QQ more... and don't PvP as blood? ???

you kno if you dont trinket sap you can get outta that stun

hysteria yourself so blind wont work blow up

Just don't expect blizzard to ever balance the class they've been babysitting since the end of vanilla. Suck it up and move on like the rest of us have learned to do.

Typical worthless 12 year old response. Dime a dozen, maybe try being unique, oh wait that requires intelligence.

A good damn pvper that pvps as blood and crys when his "hero" class get pwned.
    Once a wise old man said from the far away mountains said.... shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Longwood
    you kno if you dont trinket sap you can get outta that stun

hysteria yourself so blind wont work blow up
    I never trinketed his Sap, but thanks for assuming the rest of us are as bad as you are.

I trinketed what I needed to at the time, none of which was ever a sap.

Ok, blow up...He has evasion for 15 seconds? How long would it take me to kill someone while immune to melee hits in a melee vs Melee fight? 4 GCDs? What about Dismantle? 8 seconds of hitting with icy touch and Death coils? lulz.

Someone has to lose. And blood is inferior to rogues. Period. You own other class/specs, you can't always win. (And I pwn rogues on my pally even though I'm a crappy pvper --inb4: QQ paladins are OP)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Someone has to lose. And blood is inferior to rogues. Period. You own other class/specs, you can't always win. (And I pwn rogues on my pally even though I'm a crappy pvper --inb4: QQ paladins are OP)
    When we fought when my trinket was down, I pretty much got 100-0. Rogues need nerfed in a major way.

A small tip when he pops evasion: icy touch if no diseases are up and spam some bloodboil+deathcoil if you got the runic power, and use IF before you think he will stun you again. You will have to use most if not all of your CD's if you want to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Runewolf
    When we fought when my trinket was down, I pretty much got 100-0. Rogues need nerfed in a major way.
    Rogues don't need a Nerf. Just because a class beats you doesn't mean you should call for a Nerf. Blood isn't prime PvP spec, so when you lose in that spec you can't "QQ".

Edit: Also, you say you fought 5 times, well honestly you say he uses evasion blah blah every fight. Well if your waiting that long to rez it's your fault. He can't have CDs every fight.

it would be more interesting if people could actually respond to the post.

The post is about how blizzard is leaving out one class with so many tools to but-fuck you without being able to fight back stuns + dismantle just leaves you out doing nothing but being killed. Blizzard has responded this in many ways that rogues survival is based on the tools they have, and if they removed the stuns they would have to buff their survival someway else.

Im not saying everyone should beat everyone or 1 class should beat all, all im saying is frustration is made when you die over and over and over to one class without having the feeling you are fighting back.

My DK has nearly no resil, I PvP blood, and I do fine against rogues. Mainly because I wreck them with 35% armor pen. In PvP gear I suppose I'd just last forever. Rogues don't really give me trouble as long as they aren't over-gearing me buy a decent margin. Starting arena on this guy soon too Playing Blood/Arms Warrior/Sham, should be fun.

And to answer your question Assist, without the cooldowns who wins usually? We all know it's the Death Knight. Rogues are quite squishy, playing with one in 3v last season was horrible. As soon as plate cleave outlasted his cds he got toasted. That is why Rogues are like they are, if you can survive through the initial "BS" they'll either leave, and wait for cds, or just move on. In arena they'll just stealth and run until those cds are up, or lose.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

well, i duno about dps or pvp spec as blood but my dk tank is blood and rogues cant get me under 50%. evasion? ye right... eat my rune strikes, bitch!

chain of ice kite? evasion use non melee things? use mark of blood? get pvp gear? dont pvp in the wrong spec and then COMPLAIN about it.

We all know, rogues are really good at 1v1, and pvp in general. but in pve, they bring no utility or buffs, unless you count a MD a buff. they do damage, and stun you. thats why blizzard gave you really gay health regen, wear plate, ice bound fortitude, and the ability to respec to something other than blood when you pvp.

good day. yes you have been trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Assist
    it would be more interesting if people could actually respond to the post.

The post is about how blizzard is leaving out one class with so many tools to but-fuck you without being able to fight back stuns + dismantle just leaves you out doing nothing but being killed. Blizzard has responded this in many ways that rogues survival is based on the tools they have, and if they removed the stuns they would have to buff their survival someway else.

Im not saying everyone should beat everyone or 1 class should beat all, all im saying is frustration is made when you die over and over and over to one class without having the feeling you are fighting back.
    Finally someone that is both rational and mature, thank you for posting. I was beginning to think I was the only sane person left that plays WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Runewolf
    Balance is NOT "I can beat everyone". The best balance is and always was Rock-Paper-Scissor. You beat x, x beats y, y beats you. Yes that gets harder to achieve with every element above 3. But Blizzard is doing quite well (there is lot of space for improvement) and not even cares much for 1v1. As long as rogues get owned by other classes/specs it IS balanced and they don't need a nerf for 1v1.
    It's not as if DKs don't have tools for survival too. I laugh at rogues utilities because they do next to nothing against me.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Assist

This.

Lol, its pretty pathetic to ask for a class nerf because its the class that killed you 4/5 times in 1v1. Almost every class in the game has more utility than a rogues 12 seconds of trinketable stun and dismantle/evasion. Have you, in your "Damn good" pvp experience, ever encountered a Paladin? Because if you're going to complain about a damage class that has too much utility in 1v1, which is stupid by the way, it should be them...

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling
    chain of ice kite? evasion use non melee things? use mark of blood? get pvp gear? dont pvp in the wrong spec and then COMPLAIN about it.

We all know, rogues are really good at 1v1, and pvp in general. but in pve, they bring no utility or buffs, unless you count a MD a buff. they do damage, and stun you. thats why blizzard gave you really gay health regen, wear plate, ice bound fortitude, and the ability to respec to something other than blood when you pvp.

good day. yes you have been trolled.
    I used Mark of blood every time it was off CD, also used Vampiric blood right after I use mark for blood. Chains of ice kite? I am moving at a snails pace? 70% snare and I am supposed to kite him? Are you serious?

TO the fellow that says "Eat my Rune strike" You need a weapon to do that, and you need to not be stunned. I did get a few Rune strikes off, but for the most part whenever I even got close to killing him he would dismantle me. The only time I managed to kill him was when i guess dismantle was on CD. A few death strikes and a Rune strike pretty ate him up. But like I said that was the only fight where I wasn't dismantled for 8 seconds.