Thread: Heroics

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroics

i wanna start to do heroics but really not sure what a level 80 mage spell power should be at

Re: Heroics

Just do heroics anyway, noone has to know what it is unless you start getting beaten by the tank...

1. You ask when to start heroics, that means you are not one of those going ToChamp and doing 400 dps.

2. Spellpower only means not much.
    Lots of spellpower + 0 hit = fail for example

Look at your items levels, if its average is around 180 rare and you are able to play, then you can start heroics.
    You can also go to one of the damage-puppets and watch your dps.
    1500 - 1700 should be possible with blue starter gear.

Checklist:
    • Enchant gear, can be the cheap enchants at nonepic gear
    • Gem gear, can be rare gems
    • Get glyphs
    • Get a good spec
    • Learn how to push your buttons

Have fun =D
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

main rule i follow by when it comes to gear...gear yourself up the most you can without help. when i got to 80 on my alt, without taking any gold from my main, i went and bout the titansteel spell power dagger, combustion bracers. any of the spellweave or crafted tailoring stuff is good...will give you a jump start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoospiat
    i wanna start to do heroics but really not sure what a level 80 mage spell power should be at

Spellpower should not be your main concern. That comes. Your main concern with getting out there is hit. The FIRST thing you want to do at 80 is get hit capped. At 80, as long as you ran some regulars, got some quest blues then you should be ok. Do some early heroics to see how you fare. Work on rep to get some gear from their. Work on Argent Tournament, they are some awesome starter epics there for a weapon, as well as blues for other slots. Whatever you do, DON"T act like you know all when doing into a heroic. If you are concerned, state so at the beginning, many groups will be very nice about it, and keep you in, and even give you tips and such as they see you play. Some groups might kick you, but plenty will keep you around and be very nice about it.