Thread: Wands

Wands

Anyone noticed there is no "Healer" wand?

I mean sure there is a wand with haste and crit, but there is no wand with spirit or with mp5s. I've only noticed 3 wands, i sure think blizz could've made another one with spirit on.

Badge one has hit, the other 2 from 10m toc normal and heroic have haste and crit.

The same thing with Neck's.

I think its forgotten that some spec's still want items with spirit + spell power + crit, or spirit + spell power + haste, in adiditonal to the stamina and intellect. I find this weird.

Re: Wands

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39426 Naxx 10 Normal KT

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40284 Naxx 25 Grobb

These 2 easily obtained in PuGs and pretty decent imo.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45713 Ulduar 10 Auriaya

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45170 Ulduar 25 Ignis

These 2 are not so easy to get if you don't raid ulduar but still they are there ^^
    As for necks i'm sure the case is the same, just look harder

Quote Originally Posted by Didleydo
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39426 Naxx 10 Normal KT

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40284 Naxx 25 Grobb

These 2 easily obtained in PuGs and pretty decent imo.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45713 Ulduar 10 Auriaya

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45170 Ulduar 25 Ignis

These 2 are not so easy to get if you don't raid ulduar but still they are there ^^
    As for necks i'm sure the case is the same, just look harder
    Maybe he was hoping to keep up with current content...Not 2 tiers ago. In which case there is no 245+ wand with spirit.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Not sure why a healer would roll or bid dkp on a +Hit wand, especially if there are any casters around that would like to receive it. my 2 cts

Quote Originally Posted by willie
    Not sure why a healer would roll or bid dkp on a +Hit wand, especially if there are any casters around that would like to receive it. my 2 cts
    25 EoT, it's not a drop
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    25 EoT, it's not a drop
    Exactly. What kind of healer would waste 25 EoT on a wand with hit when you can get one from ulduar which is better imo. And as for item level it doesn't matter as long as its the best wand you can get statistically.

Wasted stat or not, it's still a very good wand. Plus, the hit may help with dailies if they haven't got an off spec.

I used Girdle of Bane for quite a while as part of my healing gear.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Im not seeing the point here... you can get a 245 want from heroic 10man that is a healer wand. Sp, crit, haste, int, stam. Not other than the stam which comes on everything, which stat there is not nice for a healer? Now are you seriously saying that with ilvl 245 gear you absolutely need that tiny tiny bit of extra mana regen from your wand slot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Im not seeing the point here... you can get a 245 want from heroic 10man that is a healer wand. Sp, crit, haste, int, stam. Not other than the stam which comes on everything, which stat there is not nice for a healer? Now are you seriously saying that with ilvl 245 gear you absolutely need that tiny tiny bit of extra mana regen from your wand slot...?
    This. By the time you get iLevel 245 gear, you shouldn't be having serious enough mana problems that you need to have Spirit on every piece. If you need the regen that badly, socket more Intellect or Spirit. Having a piece or two with both Crit and Haste is perfectly fine and it gives you some flexibility when moving in new Crit or Hast pieces to avoid one getting too low.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    Anyone noticed there is no "Healer" wand?

I mean sure there is a wand with haste and crit, but there is no wand with spirit or with mp5s. I've only noticed 3 wands, i sure think blizz could've made another one with spirit on.

Badge one has hit, the other 2 from 10m toc normal and heroic have haste and crit.

The same thing with Neck's.

I think its forgotten that some spec's still want items with spirit + spell power + crit, or spirit + spell power + haste, in adiditonal to the stamina and intellect. I find this weird.
    I am sorry, i forgot to mention although i assumed it would be obvious, that i am talking about the new Heroic mode and normal mode of ToC both 10m and 25m.

I have already 3 wands: One from ignis25, - which i usualy use, one from freya 10m+3 elders - which i use for daily's, and one from general 25m which i use as discipline. I am Sad to see that there are only 3 options of wands which have 50 spellpower, one with crit and haste, and one with hit and spirit. It would be nice to get a wand that will improve my stats as holy and is better then ignis one.

Luckly for a Holy priest - spirit doesn't only have a regen value. If a wand has 50 spellpower and spirit, it translates into more then just regen on a wand, but also a additional spellpower.

I prefer having items with spirit on them, although i don't lack the regen and don't gem for regen. It is a matter of prefrence. And i don't understand why there isn't a 245/258 neck with spirit and crit or haste, or a wand with spirit and crit or haste.

If i compare the Badge librams/totem/relics, of the triumph badges, they benifit the classes by much. The wand slot is nice to have, though i'd rather equip it with spirit and crit and 50 spellpower. over 50 spellpower withough spirit.

I don't see a reason why the wand option is this narrow and refering mainly to a dps caster. The neck's are in the same poistion, although there is a mp5s, it would be nice to get a third option from both; With spirit.

After all from ToC 25m/10m, normal and heroic mode, there are only 3 wand options (one with spirit and hit, and two with crit and haste w/o spirit), and 4 neck options (2 with mp5s and 2 with crit and haste). So option one: go get the crit/haste one (and be hated by caster dpsers), option two: take the wand with hit and feel meh; or take the mp5s neck and feel weird cause you rather have spirit instead. A 3rd option of those items with spirit would be very nice to have.

I don't see a problem with adding a loot slot that has spirit: this can even be a badge wand that has spirit on, but with haste, or crit instead of hit (another wand). After all there is a relic/totem/libram to each spec, the holy paladin isn't "forced" into grabing a libram with more of a "dps" taste. I find gear with spirit more healy and gear with haste and crit, or hit more "dps-y". Some might disagree, some might agree.

I do think blizzard could give us this option: a neck with spirit and a wand with spirit (in ToC 25/10m normal and heroic mode). This option does occur on other slot items (gear with spirit + haste/crit, and gear without spirit, and if you mention the random none-tier items, you can always pick up your t9 for your class stats so there is a option there).

I noticed the same myself.... though I just use the vezax wand I believe rawr seems to value my petrified ivy sprig with an int gem higher due to the socket it has, even with the wasted itemization on hit

The wand issue isn't as impressive as the 0 mp5 cloth items from either 10 or 25 man. You're upset about holy not getting wands? Disc got squat for regen gear.

Ok for one, I seriously doubt the small amount of spell power you would get from the 28 spirit is better than the 20+ haste/crit rating. Im assuming 28 spirit since that is what the hit wand has and if you switched hit to crit which has the same item budget point for point thus being exactly what you want. You would claim that for holy 8 spell power is worth over 20 crit/haste? Ludicrous. Thus it comes down to mana regen which you claim you do NOT lack.

So basically you want us to all believe 8sp > ~25 crit or haste? If you dont lack regen and apparently don't need more since you dont gem for it, then the minor amount from the 28 spirit is useless.

And as for the mp5, honestly its better for disc. Besides, a shaman or druid is almost always going to be a better raid healer than a priest right now seeing as how 3.2 nerfed us and buffed the crap out of shamans especially, so go respec imo.

Though I do think that its a huge pile of BS that resto druids and resto shamans get a ranged item with a near 100% uptime of ~240sp and we get a pos wand...

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Butterfly
    The wand issue isn't as impressive as the 0 mp5 cloth items from either 10 or 25 man. You're upset about holy not getting wands? Disc got squat for regen gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    And as for the mp5, honestly its better for disc. Besides, a shaman or druid is almost always going to be a better raid healer than a priest right now seeing as how 3.2 nerfed us and buffed the crap out of shamans especially, so go respec imo.
    Ok read it again slowly.....

Wasn't refering to anything you said Broken. I completely ignored your post and was speaking only about Nikitta's. In which he mentioned there being no spirit neck and mp5 necks instead. To which I responded with mp5 is better for disc and since druids and shamans out raid heal holy, disc is our strongest spec, thus the mp5 necks are good.

Though yeah I can see your confusion if you thought that my comment you quoted was in any way related to your post.

I am still stuck on my AN heroic wand =/ never seen the ones from naxx10/25 drop nor the one from auriaya and so far not from ToCrusade... and there are 3/4 other casters in my guild with the exact same problem so I might never see a new wand at this rate :P

make more wands blizz! ^ ^
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd