Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    Are penis-meters really that important? Shadow priest has low single-target dps, yes, but do we need that many threads about people being sad that their e-peen is much smaller than others?

    So long you kill the boss, what's the worry? To me it sounds like you at least get to raid, so be happy. I dunno about your guild, but when my guild does 10-man and 25-man we always bring at least one shadow priest.
    Yes, Penis-meters are that important.

    I wish more people could just have fun while raiding. I could understand if you cant kill a boss because of XX enrage timer because you aren't pulling enough damage, but thats usually not the case.

    We have 2 shadowpriests in our small friends guild, one of them can do 3500 dps, the other can only do 24-2800. She is not that good, but we still bring her cause she's fun to play with. Would we like her numbers higher? Yes. Do we fail on enrages because of her? No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Because it oh so needed a 20% weakass Mortal Strike. :
    That makes me giggle, because S-Priests have tried ganking me Pre and Post patch, and they can never out-damage/use their mana effeciently enough to down me. I have no pvp talents / gear. (nor do they, probably) and I cant say that mind blast has ever bothered me any. Granted, I am disc. But still. It didnt seem to help them too much.


  2. #22

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    You never actually "topped the charts" in Naxx. The charts that mattered were the single target dps charts. Even if Blizzard doesn't agree, I'll say this again, NO ONE CARES ABOUT TRASH! So, if you can't do decent single target dps no one cares about your dps.

    Blizzard needs to completely redo shadow. Its in a very bad spot right now, and it was in a very bad spot in TBC. The only reason to have a shadow priest in TBC was to give mana back to the raid.

    In Cataclysm, they need to completely redo the insanity of the rotation and change quite a few things about how the priest works. They need to start with giving them an actual nuke. Its been relatively proven that nukes just scale better than dots. That is why destruction dps is almost always higher then afflictions at this point in the game. So, either they need to change the way dots scale or get rid of the dot concept altogether.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  3. #23

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    VE needs to be either a self buff and heal off all shadow damage done to target(so it doesn't become OP in AoE situations) or heal off all shadow damage(including AoE) but lowers your total damage by x%.
    VE needs to go the way of siphon life other than that its just fine. It should just be a passive bonus that when specced for makes all your shadow damage heal the raid. Its not overpowered with the amount of raid damage that bosses do.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  4. #24

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    We have 2 shadowpriests in our small friends guild, one of them can do 3500 dps, the other can only do 24-2800. She is not that good, but we still bring her cause she's fun to play with. Would we like her numbers higher? Yes. Do we fail on enrages because of her? No.
    Maybe you raid for the social aspect of it, and that is all well and good, but personally, I raid for the gear. I don't want to spend all night raiding. When your dps is all pulling 5k as compared to 2.5k then you are getting through the place 2x faster. I personally want to get through the place 2x faster. That is why the epeen meters matter so incredibly much.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  5. #25

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    dots scaling with haste and something to make sw:d a useful part of our rotation again would really help our single target, maybe a similar effect like backdraft after you sw:d or your next X amount of dot ticks do more damage

  6. #26

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Alright, so seeing as everyone around is either "We need help", or "Damage meters don't matter"... why can't we get arguments supporting either side...

    Sure, DPS meters may not matter to you, everyone plays their own way... But when the sole way to compare dps, or even just total damage done, pulls shadow priests in top gear behind people in Naxx25 gear? Seems reasonable once again, seeing as how we bring so much to a raid...

    Once again, this isn't Meters are all important... this is about our viability, we bring priest buffs, Weak DPS, VE, and the worst replenishment (Because the way replenishment works, any other class that has it currently procs it more often than us which regens more mana due to an initial tick I believe...) and once again the occasional mind control...

    I on the other hand don't think a no CD nuke will benefit spriests, I think that's just a band-aid on a gaping wound... More or less, I think the problem lies within the current dps priority of the spriest, as I posted in WoW's forums I think the fix is something small like Scaling Mind Blast more significantly, atm it gets like 42%, whereas a full MF 3 gets around 77%. Seeing as I gain roughly 1k+ sp in a raid, Mind blast is falling behind in scaling, it's almost at the point that I can remove it from my rotation entirely and increase my dps at the cost of losing replenishment... Mind blast was our main damage dealing spell, and monitoring it, it is currently 6th behind all the dots (which scale with SP significantly by comparison to MB) so this may be our weak point.

    Does anyone have a reason Mind Blast's coefficient shouldn't be buffed?

  7. #27

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Because it oh so needed a 20% weakass Mortal Strike. :
    Yeh 20% MS, Dispersion Cooldown lowered by 1 minute, double VT dispelldamage are no huge buffs?



  8. #28

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    No, they are not.

  9. #29

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Maybe you raid for the social aspect of it, and that is all well and good, but personally, I raid for the gear. I don't want to spend all night raiding. When your dps is all pulling 5k as compared to 2.5k then you are getting through the place 2x faster. I personally want to get through the place 2x faster. That is why the epeen meters matter so incredibly much.
    And thats fine that you raid for the gear. Though, I've always found that to be silly, I'd rather raid for fun so I'm not bummed everytime my gear doesnt drop, but to each his own I suppose

    And at the point of your dps pulling 5k, the Spriest of equal skill wouldnt be pulling 2.5k. He'd be pulling less than the 5kers. but not that much less. You could say even 2k dps on certain encounters. If a boss has 10mil health, and you're pulling lets say.. 2k for each tank, 5 dps @ 5k, 1 dps at 3k (the spriest) and two healers. Thats raid dps of 32k, pretty damned nice.
    It would take 312.5 seconds to down the boss. Bump the spriest up to 5k, and you get 34k raid dps for.. 294.117 seconds. You saved just under 20 seconds a boss fight. x 14(?) bosses in ulduar, you saved yourself 280 seconds. less than 5 minutes.

    You say you don't care about trash, but you want to down the place twice as fast? and they do good trash damage, that I'd assume would make up for the loss of 5 minutes throughout all of the bosses, maybe not, but even still its 5 minutes over 14 bosses :P

    Granted, thats assuming you have all dps at 5k+ and the spriest at 3k for each and every fight, which wouldnt be the case, which is why alot of these things dont really matter.

    But if all of your dps was pulling 5k+ ina 10 man, I'm pretty sure you wouldnt really care that 1 person was doing 3k. Because 5k+ in a 10 man makes the fights so short its kind of sad. I could understand if the arguement was only about hardmodes, where dps matters that much more. But in a simple Epeen fight, I don't think its worth it. Then again, thats my preference and I will never foolishly believe that everyone will agree/think the same way I do :P


    Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    Yeh 20% MS, Dispersion Cooldown lowered by 1 minute, double VT dispelldamage are no huge buffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    No, they are not.
    I agree. Like I said earlier, Spriests didnt really change any against my priest. Though, I always have my shield up when I dispel, so I've never noticed any big "dispelling" issues. :P

  10. #30

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    No, they are not.
    Well what do you want? Instant mindblast?
    Shadows are in their best pvp shape since resilience-affects-dots. They got more buffs than almost every specc in 3.1/3.2. Nothing to complain about, really.

  11. #31

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Once again, this is more about PvE Viability, not PvP.

  12. #32

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Raunyc
    Once again, this is more about PvE Viability, not PvP.
    I understand, but people were saying blizzard is forgetting shadowpriests totally, which is just plain wrong.

  13. #33

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

      I don't mean to jump on people (Sorry), a major problem I see happening is that we get a "fix" for PvP while needing help in PvE... Then when the PvE fix comes around, it's going to imbalance PvP to a greater extent because PvE affects PvP almost 100% (reverse is to a lesser extent), so whenever we get a fix PvP wise I see it as a step in the wrong direction...

  14. #34

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    I really hope they don't make any major changes to SPs. I love my SP. I love my "rotation." All I want is slightly lower base damage on spells but a higher spell power coefficient so that we scale better. I was too powerful in 3.0 and I've been too weak since 3.2.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

  15. #35

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Your a caster dps, honestly what direction could you be going in differently?

  16. #36

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Your a caster dps, honestly what direction could you be going in differently?
    We could melee harder.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #37

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Your a caster dps, honestly what direction could you be going in differently?
    1. Having a set spell rotation instead of the spell priority.

    2. Having off CD nukes.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

  18. #38

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp
    Why do people keep mentioning PvP? This is a PvE oriented game so classes should be balanced around PvE. If this was a PvP game there would be the same number of BGs as there are raids/instances. Wait a second theres far more raids/instances so I guess this is a PvE game. If people want to PvP go play FPS games
    I unterstand your argument, but that was the absolutly worst example for your argument, you could bring.

  19. #39

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

    Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    And thats fine that you raid for the gear. Though, I've always found that to be silly, I'd rather raid for fun so I'm not bummed everytime my gear doesnt drop, but to each his own I suppose
    Also some of us raid for the challenge, which means we try to do the harder content. If you're just running uld-10 normal then any class is fine, but when you get to hard modes it tightens up.

    But if all of your dps was pulling 5k+ ina 10 man, I'm pretty sure you wouldnt really care that 1 person was doing 3k.
    On hard modes I couldn't justify taking a 3k dps if the average was 4k, never mind if the average was 5. The game is balanced around the current hardest content, not stuff that's easy.

  20. #40

    Re: The direction of the shadow priest

      I got out of HTotC last night, and according to the meters, on Anub, I did rougly 3.9k dps on my best attempt (I burn adds and boss equivalently), and the next person up did 4.7k (MM hunter or possibly a rogue, don't remember which it was), top was a warrior at 7k.... I'm a wasted raid spot, here just to give them priest buffs.

    Edit: Figured I should add the 2 adds have about a 90% uptime, full dot uptimes each... so much for multidotting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •