Poll: i asked on the wow forums if paladins needed another AoE im making a poll now

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

do paladins need a new AoE?

so i asked on the paladin forums if paladins needed a new AoE ability but not just that if paladins just needed something else all toghther. my current guild is 1 of the top guilds in wow. but i noticed something i didnt like with every single paladin i raided with. i judged this on what i saw our DKs do and what i saw our warriors do dps wise. most of the DKs/warriors easliy mantained around 8-10k dps but our paladins who were actually better geared only did 6-7k dps.

when i brought this up on the official forums people said L2P pally or though i was trolling but after seeing the top guild on my servers pallys doing around the same dps it made me think paladins needed something new. i wanna know what other think.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account

Re: do paladins need a new AoE?

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    so i asked on the paladin forums if paladins needed a new AoE ability but not just that if paladins just needed something else all toghther. my current guild is 1 of the top guilds in wow. but i noticed something i didnt like with every single paladin i raided with. i judged this on what i saw our DKs do and what i saw our warriors do dps wise. most of the DKs/warriors easliy mantained around 8-10k dps but our paladins who were actually better geared only did 6-7k dps.

when i brought this up on the official forums people said L2P pally or though i was trolling but after seeing the top guild on my servers pallys doing around the same dps it made me think paladins needed something new. i wanna know what other think.
    How about buffing Consecration and give us a non-AE spam ability in our rotation?

15+ Year Old Account

patch 3.2.2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack that can only strike a single target
    we dont need more
    we need more dps without affecting pvp (will never happen)
    my current guild is 1 of the top guilds in wow.
    words are words, some proof might help.. and a armory for the lolz

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    patch 3.2.2
    Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack that can only strike a single target
    we dont need more
    words are words, some proof might help.. and a armory for the lolz
    Isn't SoR is still better for AE than Command (which will only proc from CS and White hits)?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Isn't SoR is still better for AE than Command (which will only proc from CS and White hits)?
    havent tried it I assume its better then SoR and im not downloading a minor patch 2 time with more then 1.5 gig of size.. limit of 20gig per month reset the 24th of each month

ok ur only thinking about ret. ret is great and i did make it seem i was only talking about ret but i meant for all 3 trees prot i still feels slightly off when trying to grab multiple adds from mulitple areas . we do not have the AoE for more than 2-3 directional tanking as warriors and DKs who have multi directional tanking as for holy. i have a holy paladin lved it holy from point 1 never went ret but sometimes i feel it needs more AoE.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I think that updated SoC does the job.

Another additional ability will make all the world "oh my god, that paladin has too much insane imbalanced burst damage and even with a ramp up time of 15 seconds i feel like being killed yesterday buhuhuhu"~ and i dont think we need another one.

I wonder why theres no aoe-ability in wow that shares cd with a single target ability, or is there?

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

...my current guild is 1 of the top guilds in wow.....after seeing the top guild on my servers pallys doing around the same dps it made me think paladins needed something new.
    One of the best in wow, but not the best on your server?

I smell somthign fishy.. sniff sniff

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    One of the best in wow, but not the best on your server?

I smell somthign fishy.. sniff sniff
    I smell alliance lies! (but I agree with the above poster, dwarves and humans are respectable)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    I think that updated SoC does the job.

Another additional ability will make all the world "oh my god, that paladin has too much insane imbalanced burst damage and even with a ramp up time of 15 seconds i feel like being killed yesterday buhuhuhu"~ and i dont think we need another one.

I wonder why theres no aoe-ability in wow that shares cd with a single target ability, or is there?
    Not really- I proposed something like this before on the official forums.

What I am REALLY hoping, is that when all the Tress are redone for Cata that we;ll get another class rebalance.

ok ur only thinking about ret. ret is great and i did make it seem i was only talking about ret but i meant for all 3 trees prot i still feels slightly off when trying to grab multiple adds from mulitple areas . we do not have the AoE for more than 2-3 directional tanking as warriors and DKs who have multi directional tanking as for holy. i have a holy paladin lved it holy from point 1 never went ret but sometimes i feel it needs more AoE.
    If prot paladins are having a problem holding more than three mobs, honestly they suck. Consecrate is one of the best AoE threat holders. Not to mention Avengers sheild, Hammer of the Righterous and now they can even get SoC i think. Im not sure if SoC would be worth it but somebody could test it out. It should make Sheild of the Righteous hit multiple targets as well as white swings.

Click to see my Armory

I was under the immpression that SoC would only proc the "extra" attacks on white hits and CS. It will proc normally on the rest. Am I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account

Not as tanks. We have more then we need!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    If prot paladins are having a problem holding more than three mobs, honestly they suck. Consecrate is one of the best AoE threat holders. Not to mention Avengers sheild, Hammer of the Righterous and now they can even get SoC i think. Im not sure if SoC would be worth it but somebody could test it out. It should make Sheild of the Righteous hit multiple targets as well as white swings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    I was under the immpression that SoC would only proc the "extra" attacks on white hits and CS. It will proc normally on the rest. Am I wrong?
    No thats how it works: Which is why I assume that SoR will be better for AE, and why SoC won't be viable for Prot: Not only is it a percentage of Weapon damage, but it would also only proc off of White Hits.

Clearly you have never aoe tanked as a warrior. aoe tanking as a warrior is a huge pain where as aoe tanking as a pally is awesome. It's just fine as it is if you have any problems aoe tanking as a pally l2p its ezmode.

Yes and paladins need mortal strike and hamstring.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    Clearly you have never aoe tanked as a warrior. aoe tanking as a warrior is a huge pain where as aoe tanking as a pally is awesome. It's just fine as it is if you have any problems aoe tanking as a pally l2p its ezmode.
    This, it's really a pain, requires a lot more skill to pull off, use the right skills, your a lot more active.

Really Pallys needing better aoe?? Are you fking kidding me?
    If your talking prot, you allready got enough aoe tanking abilities, if your talking ret, divine storm and consecration anyone??

I'm not saying Wars need it more than palas, ohh wait, I am!

Deleted

No thats how it works: Which is why I assume that SoR will be better for AE, and why SoC won't be viable for Prot: Not only is it a percentage of Weapon damage, but it would also only proc off of White Hits.
    Edit for clarification:

I haven't been on the PTRs yet, but I think you're wrong Ronark regarding Retribution paladins.

The Patch Notes say:
    Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack that can only strike a single target.

The when component of the sentence implies that it will always proc its damage, but it will chain whenever you use a single target attack like Crusader Strike (and auto attack obviously).
    Divine Storm: Seal proc on every target.
    Crusader Strike: Seal proc + chain to two additional targets.

Same for Protection Paladins:
    Hammer of the Righteous: Seal proc on every target.
    Auto attack: Seal proc + chain to two additional targets.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xaith
    I haven't been on the PTRs yet, but I think you're wrong Ronark.

The Patch Notes say:
    Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack that can only strike a single target.

The when component of the sentence implies that it will always proc its damage, but it will chain whenever you use a single target attack like Crusader Strike (and auto attack obviously).
    Divine Storm: Seal proc on every target.
    Crusader Strike: Seal proc + chain to two additional targets.
    I haven't messed with it on the PTR yet- However, it still scales horribly with Gear, and that extra damage only occurs on White hits and CS- It might be but its hard to tell (On average you'll have 31 extra Procs a minute assuming the extra procs or your White hits/CS do not miss).

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    You should probably think a little more deeply about the different situations where AoE tanking is required, for example snap threat vs threat over time, before you decide pally threat is 'ezmode'. If you can pick up the adds at the start of a fight then yes, pallies have it great, if adds spawn mid fight when healers can be dropping massive heals to generate threat, dps can have AoE already occurring as adds spawn etc then, for example, shockwave comes into a realm of its own thanks to the stun and frontloaded threat vs the greater threat over time but initial low threat from consecrate.

Awesome sig. courtesy of Shiri.