Poll: i asked on the wow forums if paladins needed another AoE im making a poll now

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: do paladins need a new AoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    cheer up, mr. Nice Guy.
    follow common sense of logic for a bit and dont try to tell us around that ret is an unstoppable killing machine which is unkitable and un-cc-able.
    if you try to spend , like, 20 secs to build 5 stacks on a priest, (even while he is dispelling these stack, which surely doesnt eat his gcd's completely) his teammate wont be flapping around, and, you might suffer from ..err..death ?

now goes druid, an unkitable mofo, which turn to a cat ,runs away, and voila! stacks suddenly dissapear!
    stun the cat? my, a good durid always knows, is ur stun on cd, or not, aaand even so, barkskin and cat is almost unkillable for a brief moment

shaman! ghostwolf and baibai teh stacks. not to add frostshock+purgespam and walkaway, and ofc - hex!

aaand sticking back to OP, rets need not an aoe ability, but literally more abilities, when i compare my 6 main damage abilities to a vast arsenal warriors,rogues,dk's (all melee) have, i cry tears of sorrow
    Judgement of justice????????????? Have you ever heard of it????? Its not mythical, its actually the druids bane IMO.

Click to see my Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Judgement does not proc the cleave effect.
    Rabble, rabble... (in a good way, as in i may be wrong rabble rabble)

Hmm.. not in a place where i can test it atm, but i'm sure i've seen the effect going off when in groups... If it's not the judgement causing those numbers to pop over the heads of the other mobs, what is? I've been fairly certain it's worked off judgements ever since i judged a mob and had it break the repenetence i had on the other mob, but i haven't been watching the combat log for positive affirmation.

My only guess at this point would be an auto attack swing immediatly after the judgement, or it was changed in one of the recent patches. Suppose i'll have to go back tonight and test it while watching the log.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    Rabble, rabble... (in a good way, as in i may be wrong rabble rabble)

Hmm.. not in a place where i can test it atm, but i'm sure i've seen the effect going off when in groups... If it's not the judgement causing those numbers to pop over the heads of the other mobs, what is? I've been fairly certain it's worked off judgements ever since i judged a mob and had it break the repenetence i had on the other mob, but i haven't been watching the combat log for positive affirmation.

My only guess at this point would be an auto attack swing immediatly after the judgement, or it was changed in one of the recent patches. Suppose i'll have to go back tonight and test it while watching the log.
    Not seal of justice, not repentence, judgement of justice. Just like judgement of light and Judgment of wis. Judgment of justice completely negates any movement speed increases and it also stick with the druid through shifting. Add in any other cleave with some type of slow and thats a GG on a druid running to drop the stacks. Nice try though.

Click to see my Armory

Hehe, i wasn't really responding to the JoJ on a druid portion of this thread.

But thanks for thinking of me. ;D

Unless of course you meant to quote the guy who posted after me....

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    Hehe, i wasn't really responding to the JoJ on a druid portion of this thread.

But thanks for thinking of me. ;D

Unless of course you meant to quote the guy who posted after me....
    yes i did, sorry about that =P

Click to see my Armory

Paladins will get a new aoe after Shaman do. Which is never

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    Clearly you have never aoe tanked as a warrior. aoe tanking as a warrior is a huge pain where as aoe tanking as a pally is awesome. It's just fine as it is if you have any problems aoe tanking as a pally l2p its ezmode.
    While I agree with what your saying I do have to say that if your having issues tanking 2-3 mobs at once your doing something wrong, 4 or more is where I usually encounter some AoE threat issues when tanking on my warrior, where as on my paladin throw me as many mobs as you want me to tank and I won't have an issue.

As to the OP while it would be nice to have just one more AoE ability, we don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    Paladins will get a new aoe after Shaman do. Which is never
    You already have three AoE spells baseline(Chain Lightning and Magma/Nova Totems) use able by all specs and one talented(Thunderstorm), Paladins have two baseline[Holy Wrath(Undead/Demon Only) and Consecrate] potentially use able by all specs and two Talented(Divine Storm and Hammer of the Righteous).

I think Paladins should get one more baseline to make it even.

Just kidding :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

I think i'll have to agree with the no to another AoE ability. Even though as a retri offspec i don't have the best gear, i seem to be able to hold my own even with people in better gear. All round i think pallie's are pretty well done although a few tweak's in PvP wouldn't go a miss but that's just a personal thing.

One thing i am finding quite annoying though and im wondering if it's just me, but when you die and ressurect in PvP, the santified retribution talent seem's to bug out and you only get 3% damage increase. You can only get the 6% back if you switch aura's, which in pvp you will do so not so much of an issue but im wondering if it happen's with instances too, for instance, if you die and get ressed in the instance ?

I think Judging should add a new stack and refresh it. Would take the pain out of swithcing targets. slightly.

Other than that.. I am loving PvE atm. 11k judgemtn crits on a single target fight with out poping wings is fun

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    I think Judging should add a new stack and refresh it. Would take the pain out of swithcing targets. slightly.

Other than that.. I am loving PvE atm. 11k judgemtn crits on a single target fight with out poping wings is fun
    So should CS :|

15+ Year Old Account

So should CS :|
    damn pvp.. break everything since 2.0

Nah, Paladin's arent the best AoE, but we do alright. The SoComm change is all we really need. With the SoComm cleaving change I think we will be right where we should be in PvE DPS (single and multi target).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    Nah, Paladin's arent the best AoE, but we do alright. The SoComm change is all we really need. With the SoComm cleaving change I think we will be right where we should be in PvE DPS (single and multi target).
    When we don't have to change targets yeah- I really hope they address the SoV ramp-up time in 3.2.2 or 3.3.

15+ Year Old Account

When we don't have to change targets yeah- I really hope they address the SoV ramp-up time in 3.2.2 or 3.3.
    As do I. Unbuffed my ramp up time is 13 secs. Raid buffed I'm not exactly sure what it is, because I don't really stop to count, :P, but its probably around 12ish. I wouldn't even mind if it was added to an attack that has a longer CD, like Exo. A ramp up time of 10 secs seems ideal to me. Thats basically one less auto attack.

To use my Exo example: Just add it to the AoW talent.--When Exorcism is used as an instant attack is will apply one stack of SoV, whenever SoV is used.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    As do I. Unbuffed my ramp up time is 13 secs. Raid buffed I'm not exactly sure what it is, because I don't really stop to count, :P, but its probably around 12ish. I wouldn't even mind if it was added to an attack that has a longer CD, like Exo. A ramp up time of 10 secs seems ideal to me. Thats basically one less auto attack.

To use my Exo example: Just add it to the AoW talent.--When Exorcism is used as an instant attack is will apply one stack of SoV, whenever SoV is used.
    well for people who want to know their ramp up time, get the last version of Rawr its included
    Edit : oh wait nvm.. i mixed up 2 thing, it give you how much time the mob need to be alive before SoV get better then SoR )_)
    /fail

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    well for people who want to know their ramp up time, get the last version of Rawr its included
    Edit : oh wait nvm.. i mixed up 2 thing, it give you how much time the mob need to be alive before SoV get better then SoR )_)
    /fail
    Still a helpful tool. I wonder what the time is? My guess would be after about 6-7 secs SoV becomes better.

I don't have RAWR, as it has problems running on MACs. It's being beta tested now for easier MAC use. Hope it works. YAY!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.