Thread: DRW Vs Blight

DRW Vs Blight

Question. Does anyone have the solid stats from recount etc for the % dmg using DRW Vs Unholy blight for a blood build? Just trying to save crap loads of gold for respec's and i couldn't find anything when i searched.

the unholy blight thing stacks right? if so how many times?

Re: DRW Vs Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Rydan
    Go with DRW w/o glyph
    glyphs as blood u should be using are
    Disease,Dark death and least but not least you could go with Deathstrike
    Glyph of DRW is way better than you think, a normal Blood dk shouldn't be without it.
    Glyphs should be DRW, DS, and either Disease or Dark Death, depending on preference, for a normal blood dk.

About DRW v UB, I think the general consensus is that DRW provides more damage done, and more burst on demand than UB, thus making it stupid to go without DRW. But I would like to see some parses because I haven't seen many myself.

DRW does 50% of your dmg for 12 seconds every 1.5min. In a 5min you can use it 3 times.
    Lets assume your doing 5kdps (5X12 seconds) = 60k of dmg.
    Divide that by half means every time you pop DRW you do an extra 30kdmg.
    Using DRW 3 times = 90k of dmg in a 5 min fight

This is assuming you don't pop it and have to avoid a roof crash or something like in hodir or u get a grav\light bomb or something or whatever.

Unholy Blight 20% of your DC over 10 seconds. stacks like deep wounds or ignite from what i have read but i don't know how to calculate it. Looking at a warriors dps i know deep wounds makes up alot of their dmg. Is DC just A (dmg) times B (AP)?

If someone could assist with this i would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydan
    Go with DRW w/o glyph
    glyphs as blood u should be using are
    Disease,Dark death and least but not least you could go with Deathstrike

No drw is our highest priority glyph followed by. Death strike

check ej if ya dont believe me

dark death and disease are still being tested im going with the first untill more conclusive results are found

@OP

UB accounds for around 5-6% of your damage

DRW accounts for 6-8% of your damage ive had up to 9% before on melee good fights it scales much better than UB does

and the way this is calculated is it takes 20% of the dc damage and applies it to the dot

if you have one ticking already it will increase it untill the dot from the previous dc has run out check wow wiki under warrior move and the mag one has better numbers well actually one of those has the math the other is a link back to the others math

also the misconception is that cuz ignite and deep wounds do so welk shouldnt ub? Well no, both of those will proc off fire/physical damage respectivly ours is basically a cheap dot that is no more than a 20% dc damage increase (more to about 28% with the glyph but still not worth it over drw)

Basically take drw always over ub untill blizzard makes such changes that make it better