2.50 offhand weapons

Everyone says you want a around 1.5 offhand weapon..... why does blizz even make the 2.50 offhand weapons then?! i dont get it. Most of them I have seen are fist weps. The reason I made this thread is I was thinking about getting "pride" from the heroism vendor.

Re: 2.50 offhand weapons

Not all DW classes prefer fast OHs

Rogues want a fast offhand weapon. Enhancement shammies, and maybe even DWing DKs want a slow one.

Definitely Frost DKs would want a slow one-hander for both hands.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

in fact, out of all the 1hander Dual wield classes, only rogues want the fast OH with the current patch.

Shammies = Slow/slow
    Dks = Slow/slow

Rogues = slow/fast

Quote Originally Posted by mmathes339
    Rogues want a fast offhand weapon. Enhancement shammies, and maybe even DWing DKs want a slow one.
    unless something changed that im not aware of, which happens alot tbh, Enhance shammies wanted a fast OH for the FT proc, but like i said that could have changed i havent played my shaman much in the past few months

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporz
    Everyone says you want a around 1.5 offhand weapon..... why does blizz even make the 2.50 offhand weapons then?! i dont get it.
    Obviously Blizzard failed to continue in catering to the rogue class. This should be reported immediately!

As others have said, there are other classes who dual wield - and they want slow off hands. If you have an instant attack that strikes your enemy with both weapons for weapon damage - you're going to want the highest damage range on your weapons as possible, which will require you using slow weapons.

Rogues should be fixed to use slow offhands. Solves a lot of itemization problems.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullimo
    If you have an instant attack that strikes your enemy with both weapons for weapon damage - you're going to want the highest damage range on your weapons as possible, which will require you using slow weapons.
    Caveat: if you're an Assassination rogue, you still want a fast OH

The reason is mainly for enhance shamans (which I play), as a 10 man raider there has only been one upgrade per raid tier for slow off hands so I hardly think they are over abundant. Rogues have tons of choices for fast offhand weapons, other classes that need slow weapons have a much harder time getting one. Thankfully most 1 handed dps weapons are "1 handed" so they can be used in either main or off hand slot so there can be a nice even spread of slow and fast ones. Sadly fist weapons have to be either main hand or off hand only due to inability to flip the model or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    unless something changed that im not aware of, which happens alot tbh, Enhance shammies wanted a fast OH for the FT proc, but like i said that could have changed i havent played my shaman much in the past few months
    This has not been true since Ulduar came out. FT is normalized now so slow weapons are better again as they should be. This doesn't stop some baddie shamans that are still running around with fast offhands.

Gonna borrow the thread a bit.

What if the choices are between a slow OH with higher iLvl, more dps etc. Or a fast OH...

How much is that speed worth considering, energy procs from OH and the higher dmg from KS that a slow off hand would do.
    Hästäpple - Level 100 Human Hunter, Outland EU

Shamans want slow offhands iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleif
    Gonna borrow the thread a bit.

What if the choices are between a slow OH with higher iLvl, more dps etc. Or a fast OH...

How much is that speed worth considering, energy procs from OH and the higher dmg from KS that a slow off hand would do.
    depends on how slow the slow weapon is!

if its a difference between 1.4/1.5 and 1.8 (I.e the dilema i had was Webbed death V's Daschal's bite - 1.4 156.4 dps Vs 1.8 178.9 dps)

i tried both and ultimately found that the daschals bite was better in this instance as it gave me afr more dps (had to use shiv to manage my deadly poisons a bit more though)

that was unti GSS fnially dropped for me and took the argument completely out the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

surprised i didnt see facepalm yet. I did rl tho. This is basics.
    A wise man once said. Argueing on the Internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by IRBoNZi
    surprised i didnt see facepalm yet. I did rl tho. This is basics.
    yeah indeed it is, but maybe not everyone wants to come in just to add useless crap to a question - sometimes they actually liek to help others which is nice to see

I always figures thre was no such thing as a silly question - only silly answers.

we ask questions to learnwithout them trial and error would be a big part of our lives, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)