To everyone that thinks PvP takes no skill...

You are right apparently...

lol thanks Blizz...

Re: To everyone that thinks PvP takes no skill...

lol

actually challenger is the easyest to get of them all! i had a 5v5 team at 1511 and we still got the challenger so yes it dose takes skills if you wanna go for Gladiator! try getting that insteed dude
    I SURVIVED THE 2010 TOPIC: CELESTIAL STEED AND LIL'XT TO BE SOLD IN THE BLIZZARD STORE

You realize my point is that I got the title without stepping foot into an arena or have ANY team at all right?

Probably the same bug that's been going on with a lot of folks today, if you're extra slow in the head or something.

But yeah, this is one of the more funny versions of it yet

15+ Year Old Account

And yet farming ToC high Ilvl epics is still easier then getting a Challenger rank trough a bug! Woaw!

On a serious note, lol. There have been ALOT of title bugs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by webzagar
    You are right apparently...

lol thanks Blizz...
    lol what were u doing when u got it?

Ive gotten the pvp achievemen 2 times now about 40 mins after i left the bg once in H AN another in hellfire questing......

It's not like you're far off the mark anyways.

The extent of PvP skill comes down to memorization, some manual dexterity, teamwork, and reaction time.

Memorization - Knowing who does what, what team compositions will likely do what, etc etc. In other words, trial and error.

Manual Dexterity - Fat fingers and clumsy hands need not apply. Being able to hit what's needed on demand. (Remember the level 70 Druid jokes? Lifebloom life bloom lifebloom lolololol)

Reaction Time - The average person takes approximately 1/2 second to react to something. Add in lag, and that could be anywhere from 1-2 seconds extra.

Teamwork - This is really the only "skill" that merits any kudos. Being able to coordinate and work with your 1, 2, or 4 team mates.

@Kabooa

You could also say there is skill in finding new class/spec combinations that work in arenas.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa
    It's not like you're far off the mark anyways.

The extent of PvP skill comes down to memorization, some manual dexterity, teamwork, and reaction time.

Memorization - Knowing who does what, what team compositions will likely do what, etc etc. In other words, trial and error.

Manual Dexterity - Fat fingers and clumsy hands need not apply. Being able to hit what's needed on demand. (Remember the level 70 Druid jokes? Lifebloom life bloom lifebloom lolololol)

Reaction Time - The average person takes approximately 1/2 second to react to something. Add in lag, and that could be anywhere from 1-2 seconds extra.

Teamwork - This is really the only "skill" that merits any kudos. Being able to coordinate and work with your 1, 2, or 4 team mates.
    I dont think you can quite "memorize" what someone is going to do. Most people are un-predictable (at least at high end arena) this is where things like fake casting and juking come into play.

In comparisson to something like PvE, I say it requires a lot of skill. All PvE takes is memorization. You memorize a scripted encounter, you memorize a set rotation, everything that happens in PvE is expected. For example look at Fusion Punch, you know its coming, and when it comes you know it has come so you can adjust and heal harder for it, its MUCh harder to predict when increased damage is going to come in a PvP setting, especially in Wrath PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Engentlmn
    I dont think you can quite "memorize" what someone is going to do. Most people are un-predictable (at least at high end arena) this is where things like fake casting and juking come into play.

In comparisson to something like PvE, I say it requires a lot of skill. All PvE takes is memorization. You memorize a scripted encounter, you memorize a set rotation, everything that happens in PvE is expected. For example look at Fusion Punch, you know its coming, and when it comes you know it has come so you can adjust and heal harder for it, its MUCh harder to predict when increased damage is going to come in a PvP setting, especially in Wrath PvP.
    Not so much what they will do, but what they can do.

PvP has changed alot, yes, but as an example: A Paladin ~can~ bubble. Will they? You don't know when, why, but you can work to create scenarios where the likelyhood of the bubbling to occur will increase.

Likewise, Fake Casting can happen anytime, but there are certain situations where someone isn't as likely to risk a fake cast (Like when someone's about to die, and they need to heal.). You cannot predict someone like you can predict an PvE encounter, yes, that is true, but that isn't to say every Arena fight is a complete surprise either.

None of the "skills" I listed should be considered to be seperate. They all work together. You know what someone can do, you react to what they will do, you press what needs to be pressed, in the best possible manner with your team.