scorch glyph for HCs ?

I'm mostly a pvper with enough +hit gear to run heroics, I run in standard ffb spec. In this case fights are much shorter than raids but at the same time I need the extra crit (have like 22% unbuffed) from the molten armour and FFb glyphs, is it worthwhile picking up the scorch glyph and is there any consensus on what is the best glyph to drop to pick up scorch ?

Brudish

Re: scorch glyph for HCs ?

fights dont last long enough to worry about it imo, get FFB, Living Bomb and umm..cant think of the other one, but its good

EDIT - I think its the molten armor one.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvianfrost
    I'm mostly a pvper with enough +hit gear to run heroics, I run in standard ffb spec. In this case fights are much shorter than raids but at the same time I need the extra crit (have like 22% unbuffed) from the molten armour and FFb glyphs, is it worthwhile picking up the scorch glyph and is there any consensus on what is the best glyph to drop to pick up scorch ?

Myselves (using FB/FFB Dualspec) I am using a firespec with no scorch glyph and - for the case of heroics and/or not enough hitbuffs and/or fights like yog where FFB is better - a setup with scorch glyph.

For FFB the best glyph to drop in favor of scorch glyph, if you want it, is the Frostfire Glyph. For all Fire Specs you always use Living Bomb Glyph (best DPS Glyph)
    and Molten Armour Glyph.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN
    For all Fire Specs you always use Living Bomb Glyph (best DPS Glyph)
    For raid environments, I guess? Or (heroics only) mage doesnt miss the LB glyph and actually does better now with scorch glyph (fire arcane spec with fb, molten armor and scorch glyph)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    For raid environments, I guess? Or (heroics only) mage doesnt miss the LB glyph and actually does better now with scorch glyph (fire arcane spec with fb, molten armor and scorch glyph)
    Applying scorch on Heroic trash is useless (even with Glyph they'll usually die once you have 5 stack)
    Applying scorch on Heroic bosses is useless (even with Glyph the 5% crit will not outdo the crappy dmg of scorch vs FB/FFB in that short amount of time)
    And LB is at least useable in Heroics so it should be a DPS increase over Glyph of Scorch ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Applying scorch on Heroic trash is useless (even with Glyph they'll usually die once you have 5 stack)
    Applying scorch on Heroic bosses is useless (even with Glyph the 5% crit will not outdo the crappy dmg of scorch vs FB/FFB in that short amount of time)
    And LB is at least useable in Heroics so it should be a DPS increase over Glyph of Scorch ~_~
    Actually our mage complains that LB only ticks a few times (lame to mediocre damage) before the mob drops while scorch gives her 5% more needed crit because those hot streaks are damn rare for her :/ (I actually see almost every hot streak because thats when she climbs to 2nd place on threat for a short period.)
    Maybe she got better with other gear improvements so I will recommend giving lb glyph a try. The problem is in heroics you cant lb all trash because when you are finished with that the fight is almost over and having lb on only one target doesnt help too because its dead too fast. maybe i miss a point with lb, but neither I nor our mage see it fits.

edit: of course I always talk about scorch/lb + glyph!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?