Thread: aff pvp

aff pvp

so ima lock of course and i have always been destruction for pvp and was wondering what was a good like rotation for aff in pvp and what glyphs to use :-X be nice if anyone could help

Re: aff pvp

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=10192

Glyphs: Felhunter, UA, Fear

Affl Glyphs are fairly forgiving..you can (generally) use any combination of the following, depending on your setup / playstyle:
    • Felhunter
    • Unstable Affliction
    • Fear
    • Demonic Circle
    • Corruption (too RNG for me, but if you get it, move 2 points from grim reach into corruption)

Affliction is about non-bursty compared to destro and in general consists of dotting up as many things as you can (without breaking CC...eg, pets are always good), using CoE to kite melee around, covering your dots with Unstable Affliction so they're not dispelled, and controlling as much as you can with fears, devour magic, and spell lock.

Affliction does damage, but is mostly for control and utility. Devouring Dots off of friendlies, devouring polymorphs, interrupting healers, keeping your healer safe with CoE on melee, fear-peeling, etc.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

I agree with everything Kelpie said, however...I run with slightly different Glyphs...

I use:
    • Glyph of Shadowflame
    • Glyph of Unstable Affliction
    • Glyph of Howl of Terror

I feel that this gives me more control in arena, as well as Battlegrounds. Shadowflame to peel as well as more instant AoE fears which can be game breakers if caught right

i personally use
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=10192

but for me, what spell i use is usually situational, if they're running you dont want to try to pop UA on them, you would rather get both CoA and corruption on them (in most cases, or even CoE so you can catch up)
    otherwise, put haunt then UA then corruption then CoA(use this if you can nuke someone without being attacked always).. again, this is all situational, you'd want to pop Curse of tongues on a holy pally thats around half health, for.. you know, the heals
    i also run around with a felhunter so that i can spell lock and whatnot
    wanting survivability

i use glyphs of soul link, siphon life, and fear
    with soul link, you take even less damage (well you give it to your pet), siphon life heals you more, not huge amounts, but it is definitely noticable, and fear, since the more damage you can do, the better!

anyhow, try to put corruption and UA on them, unless of course if you have to kite or chase them, if you get first hit, caster, or hunter or something of the like, stick with haunt->UA->corruption->CoA

Quote Originally Posted by Badapus
    The glyphs you mentioned are not viable at all.

I run corruption, howl of terror, and shadow flame/sl/ua depending on comp.

MMO-Champion probably isn't the best place to look if you're looking for good pvp advice. I'd recommend Arenajunkies.com for good advice.
    IMHO there are no 'correct' glyphs to use. Its completely dependent on playstyle. However I do agree that the fear glyph isnt worth it because it will only take another 1k damage before breaking which isnt as good as it sounds
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.