Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question about a cape - Shadow

Right, so I've got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40405 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46341. I thought [Drape of the Spellweaver] was better because it's got pure offensive spell caster stats and yet I see a lot of SPriests walking around (or sitting on armory) with the Unworthy Wizard still. Is this UW cape better or are people having bad luck with drops?

2383 Spell Power, 19.99% Crit chance and 323 haste rating. (With the Drape of the Spellweaver equipped)

Re: Question about a cape - Shadow

Without sitting down and working out the PP values, on the face of it they look very very similar... I wouldn't stress about using one over the other. Some people will tell you the haste on the 2nd cloak is possibly redundant, but it all depends on your total gear list etc.

well thats easy

unworthy wizard in comparison to spellweaver: +6sp +12crit +5int +49spi - 30haste
    49spi ~ 10sp (no idea how much crit 5int is) --> +16sp +12crit +5int -30haste

Cape of the Unworthy Wizard wins
    (ps: ilvl wise unworthy wizard wins as well... pss: i wouldnt farm for the kel25 one if i had the spellweaver one.. just if i had both i would use the unworthy wizard one and well.. i do have that one)

15+ Year Old Account

Hmhm.

As a matter of fact I'm not sure how much haste I should be going for, as I said I've not got the most and I'd be at 300 with the Unworthy Wizard cloak.

And spirit so great for a Shadow Priest?

As you can tell, I'm new to Shadow.

Thanks for above responses.

Spirit's something you -find- on Gear, and it gives you 20% Spellpower conversion and a tidbit of mana. Overall? Not so much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10%, not 20.

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow doesn't need haste, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    10%, not 20.
    Twisted Faith's 10%. Glyph of Shadows has quite a high uptime, one could almost say 100%, which is another 10%.

10+10=20; Good to know how the Public System's been treating you Nez.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Shadow doesn't need haste, right?
    Well, I saw a comment along the lines of "If you aren't ooming you clearly don't have enough haste", so the elitist guy seems to think we do!

I don't remember the EJ thread saying "Okay, get 400 haste then stop" or anything (Like the Boomkin thread apparently)

Both capes are good, and as Worshaka said - it depends on your gear list what you want (more crit or haste).
    However, neither of these cloaks will make it or break it when it comes to dps.

Regarding haste - get what you can, gem for spellpower. Simple really, and aiming for 400 haste since it's the "sweetspot" is silly, if you end up with 500 or 600 haste (while gemming for SP) it's ok and your DPS will go up, even tho you'll break MF channels.

Better to be under Haste Plateau than over.

Either way Unworthy wizard is better.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

better to have the exact haste amount so u can fit exactly 2 mfs inbetween mbs
    well at least thats how i prefer to play (ps dont forget shaman/ret haste bonus)

I honestly want to know how many of the preachers here about 2 MFs between MB cd are actually doing exactly that, without refreshing dots, or moving out of random raid shit.

Getting 400 haste and passing on a clear upgrade item which has X amount haste more than your current one is retarded. There's nothing wrong with being over 400 haste, and even tho it's not our best scaling stat - missing out on it and "hoping" some nonexisting crit piece will drop is plainly dumb. However, Strykzor, you haven't shown to be the brigthest one around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I honestly want to know how many of the preachers here about 2 MFs between MB cd are actually doing exactly that, without refreshing dots, or moving out of random raid shit.

Getting 400 haste and passing on a clear upgrade item which has X amount haste more than your current one is retarded. There's nothing wrong with being over 400 haste, and even tho it's not our best scaling stat - missing out on it and "hoping" some nonexisting crit piece will drop is plainly dumb. However, Strykzor, you haven't shown to be the brigthest one around anyway.
    ofc it doesnt always work
    but if i need to refresh my dots
    i either refresh both or use shadow word death as a filler (so its ve+dp+mf or ve/dp+swd+mf)
    wont do the math for you now but works quite well for me
    as for moving if I can decide when to move.. i will always do that while using one of my instant spells

Yes, it doesn't work. You read about it on shadowpriest.com and you swear by it. Like tons of other shadowpriests who glimpsed over "oh you squeeze in 2 mind flays betwen MB cd, you don't need more than 400 haste, it's THE SWEETSPOT".

There's nothing wrong with getting more haste than 400. We get tons of dps once heroism / bloodlust is up. You will not fit 2 mind flays EXACTLY every time between MB cooldowns. Playing on piece of paper is nice, playing the game is something completely different.

You'll get "conflicts" every now and then, and coliseum gear has crapload of haste, hit and so on, you'll end up over hit cap, over haste "cap" (big rofl here) but hey, if that's someone's game to be at 400ish haste and not considering items with more of it - so be it, have fun qqing later on how you do crap damage and so on.

never said anything about "wtf haste on that item... no i will keep my 213ish item with crit/spirit"
    no idea where u get that from

anyway

as for ur heroism comment yep right.. i do fit 3 mfs in there and yea thats alot dps boost
    and i dont care for 400haste or over/under
    i just take the haste i get... and if i CAN decide in between crit and haste i will always take the crit
    for example: i prefer the anub25 legs over the t9 legs
    and yea.. am over hit cap as well... just so much on the items

ps: ofc i read on shadowpriest.com but mostly BIS posts
    and as i said in my 2nd post its just my personal playstyle..
    as for dps ~6.5k dps for yogg always 1st place (yea maybe my m8s suck blabla)

I hate to bust your balls but Yogg favors SPs, you can multidot everything and win at damage done, nothing special.
    I also wasn't refering to you about haste, it was aimed at someone else.
    However, you did "preach" that 2 mind flays between mind blasts.. I'm really tired of it, seeing that you can fully fit 2MFs like what, 15 times per fight out of 35-40 blasts that you cast.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I hate to bust your balls but Yogg favors SPs, you can multidot everything and win at damage done, nothing special.
    I also wasn't refering to you about haste, it was aimed at someone else.
    However, you did "preach" that 2 mind flays between mind blasts.. I'm really tired of it, seeing that you can fully fit 2MFs like what, 15 times per fight out of 35-40 blasts that you cast.
    no
    like 25times out of 40 blasts
    and yea i know but thats also the reason why i used it
    since most other fights do NOT favor sp and i see no point in posting one of those

btw it doesnt matter how often i can or can not fit the 2 mfs
    what matters is to actually adjust to the situation which includes (recast dots / moving / heroism / haste/spcrit pot / whatever) u can keep bashing my 2mf way
    but all i wanted to say with it is that i prefer 2 mfs with higher crit/sp over 2.2mf or whatever
    <theory>
    i mean if u use mb on cd u have 5.5 secs inbetween
    2 mfs with each 2.75 fit perfectly
    now with more haste lets say 2.5sec each u can fit 2 mfs + 1 mf tick
    lets say u get more haste --> 2.4secs its still 2mfs + 1mf tick so the haste was wasted
    </theory>

Your theory is completely wrong.

With more haste you'll be forced to clip mind flays.
    However, at the end of the fight you'll have more MF ticks, which leads to higher damage done.

Naturally, every sp will pick the crit over haste, however looking at coliseum items - there's plenty of haste.

and u totally didnt get what i was saying

here an example of what i mean (only the complete word counts)

ur job is to say the word awhole (need alot of haste for that)

justsomerandomletters justsomerandomletters
    ----> 100 haste no word said
    ---------------------> 300 haste 1 word said
    --------------------------------------------> 600 haste 2 words said
    hence 301-599 1 word said everything inbetween wasted haste

dunno if u will get what i mean now
    either u will have to wait a few ms each rotation (before using mb again so no mb on cd) to clip mf at the right time
    or u get the haste rating where the haste rating does the timing for u (this is my way)

hopefully u finally get it if not... i dont care anymore

prima