Is this a good 3v3 comp?

Hey all I'm used to playing 2v2 with friends and thus never getting terribly high ratings because we were just having fun. This season I'm going to be on a 3s team with a Resto Druid, Arms Warrior and Destruction Warlock (me). I wanted to know:
    1) Is this a viable comp at high arena brackets? I think it would do pretty good though RMP was killing us in skirmishes.
    2) Would it be better for me to roll Affliction for this comp? I really don't like the DoT and run approach as there's really no burst for those targets that are almost dead but if it would be better for the team I'd try it.
    3) What do you think the hardest comp for us will be? Rogues can just shut me down so fast but in the skirmishes we've run the Warrior can usually keep them off me so long as he's not being peeled by a DK or second Rogue.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Is this a good 3v3 comp?

its one of the best comps in the game.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Affliction is the spec typically used with WLD, a high amount of dots plus the warriors cleave and bleeds makes healing a tough job. Until you get a full set of relentless gear you're going to have a lot of trouble with any cleave teams.

I didn't know it was that popular, which is cool. Like I said, I'm new to the 3s bracket. I figured that Affliction was still pretty popular for Warlocks but I just love the Destruction playstyle.

Like I said I have no problem switching if necessary so I guess I'll plan on doing that. I know I can do tons of damage as Affliction I just find that it's annoying when you need that last little bit of burst but can't get it!

I'm playing affliction too in 3v3 (in Shadowplay --> affli, shadow pr, holy pala)., it's going pretty well so far, like 2.2 mmr or something. The key to the setup is like locking down the enemy healer and then the dots are doing the work, I'm not really bothered by the lack of burst, because my dots make up for a damage, while I'm able to move

Played your setup before too, affliction is definately the choice for you

Peace out

Stila

Quote Originally Posted by stila
    I'm playing affliction too in 3v3 (in Shadowplay --> affli, shadow pr, holy pala)., it's going pretty well so far, like 2.2 mmr or something. The key to the setup is like locking down the enemy healer and then the dots are doing the work, I'm not really bothered by the lack of burst, because my dots make up for a damage, while I'm able to move

Played your setup before too, affliction is definately the choice for you

Peace out

Stila
    Is Destro not viable or just harder? I really like the big numbers and CC (Shadowfury/Conflagrate daze).

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Is Destro not viable or just harder? I really like the big numbers and CC (Shadowfury/Conflagrate daze).
    I dont think that destruction is "not viable", affliction is just better. Your job is to CC and deal as much damage as possible. You can spread out your dots amongst 3 targets and they will all be ticking even if you are being focused or if you have to stop casting to CC someone. Destro is much easier to control and does much less damage when it's being focused.

If you put a rogue on a destro lock then the lock basically does no damage. If your affliction then you can still get off instant dots on 3 targets so... 3 corruptions + 3 COA's and you have an instant HoT for a self peel.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    I dont think that destruction is "not viable", affliction is just better. Your job is to CC and deal as much damage as possible. You can spread out your dots amongst 3 targets and they will all be ticking even if you are being focused or if you have to stop casting to CC someone. Destro is much easier to control and does much less damage when it's being focused.

If you put a rogue on a destro lock then the lock basically does no damage. If your affliction then you can still get off instant dots on 3 targets so... 3 corruptions + 3 COA's and you have an instant HoT for a self peel.
    Hmm I see where you're coming from. Maybe I am just better at Destruction than Affliction because I can beat Rogues as Destruction but not as Affliction. Again that's 1v1 so I'll still probably have to switch specs but ty!

when playing destro lock, you want a DD partner who has a lot of burst and CC himself. warriors have neither. a lock/warr combo kills the opponents with pressure and healer CC; not with burst. thus, affliction is definitely the way to go, unless you can switch the warrior for a rogue and the druid for a shaman.
    This user has been banned.

Cyclone and fear are on separate DRs. So you basically have silence, hamstring, roots (destro lock can DPS!) and Seduction if really needed + insane CC while a druid is just hotting everyone.

You have teleport, Shield wall and Barskin + hell of a lot of defensive CDs

And you are asking if this combo works