Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timer on gormok 25 man hero

hi everyone.
    As we are trying to defeat the northren beast, heroic mode, we are facing a problem : The jormungar are spawning to fast. As far as we have seen, the boss spawn is linked to a timer that can change. What is this timer and how can it be increased ?

A clue might be that killing an add may grant us a few seconds ...

Re: Timer on gormok 25 man hero

Quote Originally Posted by Eznor
    What is this timer and how can it be increased ?
    Unless it's different in heroic, the worms spawn shortly after gormok dies. take longer to kill him if you want more time :
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

As i said ... it s different in heroic. The jormungars Spawn will gormok is still alive

On hard modes, EVERYTHING is tightened. You have to follow the actual strats to the letter instead of ignoring this or that and putting more stress on the healers.

On Gormok, you basically have only a couple of minutes to kill him before Germans come and blitzkrieg your raid.

There's no way to increase the timer. The snobolds are something we have to learn to deal with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eznor
    As i said ... it s different in heroic. The jormungars Spawn will gormok is still alive
    Actually, you didn't say it was different. You said there is a variable spawn timer that you don't know what it is. The way it is worded, I read it as "we don't have enough time to drink before the next boss" not "they come when we are fighting the other boss". Thanks for the clarification, I havn't had a chance to do it on H yet.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

15+ Year Old Account

Had some attempts on this tonight after clearing the normal 25man, We had 3 attempts out best attempt was Gormok 18%. Im thinking we may have to ignore the snobolds to make the timer.

At least in 10 man, we noticed the adds come out in 2 1/2 min intervals. So DPS really has to be on there game. Also another note as well, Icehowl has a beserk. We didnt get the time of it as we were suprised by it and we only had 3 of us alive when he was dead....good luck

Unless your dps is great, you won't have time for the snobolds.

Not only do the worms come on a timer, so does icehowl.

15+ Year Old Account

I was able to down Gormok on heroic just fine, including all snobolds, before the worms came. Gormok was usually on his last ~300k when the doors opened and the worms came.

That's where the shit hits the fan really, the worms aren't that complicated to deal with, but there is massive raid damage going out, and the biggest challenge is to keep most of your dps alive so that you can manage Icehowl before the enrage timer.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    Actually, you didn't say it was different. You said there is a variable spawn timer that you don't know what it is. The way it is worded, I read it as "we don't have enough time to drink before the next boss" not "they come when we are fighting the other boss". Thanks for the clarification, I havn't had a chance to do it on H yet.
    ...how would they not have enough time to drink if there's that pause? And why would they want to prolong the fight longer for some arbitrary reason?

Admit it, you didn't take your time to read the damn post and wanted to be a smarmy douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    I was able to down Gormok on heroic just fine, including all snobolds, before the worms came. Gormok was usually on his last ~300k when the doors opened and the worms came.

That's where the shit hits the fan really, the worms aren't that complicated to deal with, but there is massive raid damage going out, and the biggest challenge is to keep most of your dps alive so that you can manage Icehowl before the enrage timer.
    Ya we did too, atleast when we exchanged our 7th healer for another DPS. P1 is rly easy, just burn Snobolds with ranged as soon they spawn and melee zerg Gormok.
    But P2 is a bit more complicated and its all about the Fire & Poison ;>

We would have killed Icehowl if there were not this fucking bug:

0:29'32.346 Icehowl #3 Massive Crash was removed from Newk.
    0:29'33.773 Icehowl #3 Trample hits Newk for 39366 Physical.

0:29'32.346 Icehowl #3 Massive Crash was removed from Atreyor.
    0:29'33.779 Icehowl #3 Trample hits Atreyor for 52078 Physical.

------------

0:06'32.397 Icehowl #1 Massive Crash was removed from Atreyor
    0:06'35.333 Icehowl #1 gains Staggered Daze

Atreyor even used his rocket boots...

Not sure what the timer is but we can kill gormok around 2:10 min after combat starts (not when he starts attacking). Then we actually have enough time to get the jormungars. If that if your problem your gonna have to get new dps or get them geared.

We couldn't get down the worms before icehowl spawned (Acidmaw at 3% and Dreadscale at 9%). And then there is his breath that wipes you if 2 healers are in it so having 2 healers instead of 1 is not the way to go. His enrage timer is around 8:30 btw and he wipes everyone within 10 secs.

Ah and a little help with gormok's adds: Get to the melee and cleave or w/e them down.

Hope I could help, if you any more questions feel free to whisper me =)

FYI, on 10 man its easy to beat all of the timers between bosses but on 25 man its very hard. We have yet to be able to beat icehowl coming out. Thinking of trying 2 tanks 6 healers? :\ 2 tanks just sounds really hard.

I have to say, this fight is just SO MUCH DAMAGE. Its just pure increased damage, and then with Icehowl, its all about latency, if anyone with higher than 300 latency who doesnt have an increased movement ability gets targeted, they are a HUGE liability.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by necro.
    Ah and a little help with gormok's adds: Get to the melee and cleave or w/e them down.
    You can't do that. On normal 10 and 25 at least, they are immune to all AoE and cleave effects.

They're not so much immune, as there's a pathing bug that keeps things from targeting them. If you keep the snobolds as your primary target, many attacks that can hit a second target will hit the boss just fine if you're close enough.

I tried the Gormok encounter (25man HM) last night and have a few suggestions:

If you are having trouble getting him down before the timer expires, you CAN ignore the adds if they land on a DPS and not a healer. Afaik as I know he will ONLY spawn a maximum of 4 adds (please correct me if I'm wrong) and unless they attach to a healer just leave them be. They do an occasional stun on the target, but the DPS increase of just ignoring them is better than all DPS switch to them.

We also tried having 4 players DPS them down while the rest kept on the boss, but this was no nearly as successfull as leaving the adds alone (maybe we just lack a bit of DPS still).

All this will of course change as the raid members gets better gear

Also keep in mind that this encounters require a lot of DPS so try experimenting with fewer healers if the DPS is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    FYI, on 10 man its easy to beat all of the timers between bosses but on 25 man its very hard. We have yet to be able to beat icehowl coming out. Thinking of trying 2 tanks 6 healers? :\ 2 tanks just sounds really hard.

I have to say, this fight is just SO MUCH DAMAGE. Its just pure increased damage, and then with Icehowl, its all about latency, if anyone with higher than 300 latency who doesnt have an increased movement ability gets targeted, they are a HUGE liability.
    2 tanks is the way to go - you need to use protection on them to remove the debufs when they stack up to 4.

DBm timer is 2:15 for gormok (we killed snobolds) by the time the announcement for the next boss is starting, we had gormak down to about 1.2mil-1.6milhp, and by the time the 2 jorms went active he's dead.

We had the people with snobolds stand infront of the melee so it can be cleaved etc/range focus fire.

No timer on the 2 worms but its probably like 3min and or whenever 1 worm is left at like 20-25% hp possibly ( icehowl seemed to always come out at that %)

if you don't have 20-30ms/30fps+ in the encounter, its recommended to use sprint pots to run from his wall charge/ram ability (or rocket boots etc) after 3 times he will enrage/wipe the raid.

I personally haven't had a problem running from it though

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    You can't do that. On normal 10 and 25 at least, they are immune to all AoE and cleave effects.
    Blood dks and fury warriors will both gain an overall damage increase by attacking the snobolds and cleaving gormok even assuming that the snobolds have no raid debuffs on them.

15+ Year Old Account

Was able to down this on thursday, it's fairly straight forward. Once a snobold spawns, the one who has it on his back move to the melee at the back of the boss. One of the three tanks that isn't tanking debuff it asap, melee+ranged both rape it. Once it dies, back to boss.

As soon as Gormok is dead, or if you run out of time, the worms will begin to spawn. Our tactic was to just nuke Acidmaw down asap since you get rid of the poison shit, then proceed to spamhealing the tank tanking Dreadscale, it's very doable. Once Dreadscale dies or you run out of time, Icehowl will spawn. Have a tank grab him and position it in the middle, ranged AND melee spread around it evenly so the ice breath doesn't rape people. At this point it's just preventing people from dying from arctic breath, keeping the tank alive, and moving the fuck out of the way when he charges at you.

Use bloodlust and other cooldowns during his first crash against the wall, the benefit you gain from waiting longer for talents is cancelled out by the fact you will most likely have 2-3 people die to breath if you aren't very careful.

We hit the enrage timer at about 5%, but we had plenty of people still standing after he died.

Another advice: You can use shattering throw(plus any other 3 min cooldown I suppose) at the start of the fight on Gormok, and it will be ready again for Icehowl.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla