Anub Heroic problems (10 Man)

Me and my guild progressed fast thought the first 4 bosses (2-3 Shottet them), but we got big problems on Anub Heroic mode, we did like 15 attemts, but wipe because there is no Ice left.

We also tried it with 1 Tank, 2 Healers and 7 DD's too (at begining with 3 heal, 2 tanks), but there was not much success.

Any advices/tips?
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Re: Anub Heroic problems (10 Man)

Get 2 tanks?

You can't solo tank it because they get a stacking damage buff as well as the boss stunning you. in p3 you are going to have the swarm, adds hitting you for 10k and the boss...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by brolly
    Me and my guild progressed fast thought the first 4 bosses (2-3 Shottet them), but we got big problems on Anub Heroic mode, we did like 15 attemts, but wipe because there is no Ice left.

We tried it with 1 Tank, 2 Healers and 7 DD's too, but there was not much success.

Any advices/tips?
    You need to have the ranged dps kill more orbs in the air. The more ice on the ground the better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard
    You need to have the ranged dps kill more orbs in the air. The more ice on the ground the better imo.
    i just think its funny that people like this guy are posting without even attempting it and has no knowledge that there is only 6 orbs

my guild has had the same problem and we still havent figured out what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Teewhy4Kill
    that there is only 6 orbs
    To clarify what this guy is saying, yes there are only 6 orbs floating in the air, and they do NOT respawn.

The time when Anub'arak is submerged, is time based. When the first person is targeted by the spike trail, the entire raid should run to the opposite side of the room, so the next target forces a long travel time for the spikes. Once selected, the raid agains run to the opposite side, repeating the lengthy travel time. This allows only 3-4 permafrost to be used during submerge. Also, if you BOP the person being chased, they take no damage by the spikes while under the BOP effect; cuts down 10-12 seconds if used properly. And yes, 2 tanks is far superior because of the stacking debuff.

Edit: Only leave 1 permafrost down outside of submerge; they can despawn.

From the looks of it basically this:

Take down 3 of the frost orbs immedaitely.

OT brings the first two adds onto a patch of ice while the raid burns the boss hard.

MT grabs aggro on the second two adds while pulling the boss far away from the raid so he can submerge far away.

Raid switches to first two adds once Anub burrows while MT brings second two adds to another patch of ice, raid then kills second two adds.

During this time, Anub's spikes are kited for as long as possible till they get too fast, at which point they're run through a patch of ice to stop and slow them back down. 3 patches should be enough if you kite long enough.

Shoot down the last 3 orbs and try to burn Anub down to 30% before he can submerge again. If not, repeat as before.

The hard part about this fight is really getting the spike kiting down right as you have to stop it 2-3 times each time he submerges, but not any more than that.

One thing to do is to have a paladin Blessing of Protection on a person right as the spikes catch up to them so that, for about 5-6 seconds, they can stand there while the spikes to nothing before moving onto the frost patch.

Thank you for your advices
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]