Starting a DK, need some help

Hey guys, warrior tank here looking for some help. Believe it or not, but DK is one class I have never really played so i am looking for some help. I have heard good things about DW frost and put together this spec. Please let me know your thoughts.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfV0VhZG0exA0ckfzchzAo

Also, would it be beneficial to use the BoA weapons or just use regular ones? (i believe you cant runeforge the BoA weapons?)

I have the shoulders, chest, and the 2 BoA swords.

Thanks for the help in advance. ;D

Re: Starting a DK, need some help

Lose Death Rune Mastery. You want your UH and FR runes to stay that way because you use them for Obliterate and HB. Making your Unholy and Frost runes into Death runes is useless, since you'll be using those Death runes as Unholy and Frost runes anyway. Get Chill of the Grave in the Frost tree so you can pump out more Frost Strikes.

The rest of it is decent for leveling, although Frost is the last spec I would level as. Blood has amazing self heals and you can solo pretty much every group quest until Icecrown. Unholy has increased movement speed and a pet, which is always useful.

All in all it doesn't really matter though. DK leveling is pretty much /faceroll. Just stand up in front of your computer, turn around so your ass is facing the screen, and drop your balls on random keys and you'll make it to 80.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

So something more along the lines of:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfV0VoZG0exAbckfzchzAo

Also, what about weapons to use?

No, seriously, lose ALL points in Death Rune shit in the Blood tree. It is 100% useless for Frost or Unholy. Put the one point you have in it into either Rune Tap for some healing when you need it, or Unbreakable Armor for some extra burst and mitigation.

As for the weapons, if you really can't Runeforge the BoA weapons then it is not worth it. Get any 2 1h swords/axes/maces and put Cinder on your MH and RI on your OH. Also make sure they're both slow weapons. You don't want fast attacking weapons as DW Frost.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Sorry didn't see that last point i left in there. Also, just read up on the runeforging of BoA items and you can't :-[.
    So i guess if i decide to lvl a dk ill have to stick with normal weapons.

To be honest, if you want to use the BoA items you can. The Runeforge won't make that much of a difference, especially the RI one that increases frost vulnerability. Those weapons are going to hit so hard that mobs will be dead within 3-4 GCDs at most. Don't even bother with diseases or anything, just Oblit Oblit BS BS and shit will drop pretty quickly.

It's up to you. If you want to drop the badges on BoA items, go for it. If not, don't. Like I said, leveling a DK is easy mode so it really won't matter...

Well i already have the 2 swords, so maybe ill see how it goes. But thank you for the help

15+ Year Old Account

You can't Runeforge BoA weapons? WTF?!?

I guess the did that so you didn't runeforge something then mail it to another character? Either way thats lame as hell.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20
    You can't Runeforge BoA weapons? WTF?!?

I guess the did that so you didn't runeforge something then mail it to another character? Either way thats lame as hell.
    ya its kinda annoying too

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm quite sure I saw a DK with 2x Mass of McGovan with runes forged into them yestarday O_o

Just try it? If it does not work just go to the AH and buy someting nice.

I'm lvlin as Frost personally.... I have a green weapon and I still drop mobs with IT -> PS -> Obi -> FS (-> BS). With the 3.80 speed heirloom axe you're most likely gonna hit so hard that mobs drop after the Obiliterate if it crits though:< And it crits A LOT.

I guess Blood would be better for soloing group quests and all that stuff but... I just enjoy playing as frost :P Also, you pretty much own world PvP as Frost since it just hits so damn hard. Only thing that is pissing me off is those damn flying mounts in Outlands and the fact that I dont have one Starting on a new realm is allways such a bother!

15+ Year Old Account

specc deep blood, take everything that may heal you in ANY way.
    58: use your weapon you get from dk quest chain.
    60+: get either ramparts or furnace endboss weapon. use until you get northrend
    70+: get something green from the quests with 110dps, after this get utgarde keep endboss weapon. go utgarde keep until you HAVE it. all the day.
    75+: get your zuldrak arena weapon
    80: get your titansteel destroyer
    ???
    win. you'll do plenty of damage will all the weapons and the zuldrak arena quest weapon is even better than the BoA weapons. oh and I got only two grp quests I couldn't handle by myself: the big stone gigant at the end of hellfire peninsula, and those "march of the giants" quest in fjord, because the do shitload of spelldmg within seconds.

I personally enjoyed leveling as unholy (on a pale horse ftw!) although i switched to blood ~ lvl 74-75 in order to be able to solo some of the harder elites in northrend. You really shouldn't worry too much about the leveling, with some rested xp and only the heirloom shoulders i was dinging every 3 hours, you'll be 80 before you know it.

And yeah, proper facerollin skills is all you need to level up

I think i will try to runeforge them and see what happens.

In the past i leveled at DK to 64 as blood and loved it, damage was great, survivabilty was amazing, i kinda feel that if i go blood w/ a 2h then i should just stick to my war, arms OS/prot main. 3 day weekend so we will see that happens.