Shaman / Ret / ??? for 3's

I am trying to decide what I am going to run for the season. The combo i've been coaxed into is Ret/Resto/Marksman for 3's.

I've gone over the scenario with my real life Ret friend and he feels this comp will be superior to any other comp we can get. Both the Hunter and my Ret pal are in Furious with me in Deadly. Can someone who has any experience running Shaman/Ret/Hunter give any feedback before I jump balls deep in this combo? I've been rather insistant on going Elemental. However, he flat out refuses to do anything with an Elemental Shaman... or DPS shaman for that matter.

I've given him multiple scenarios where a Hunter partner can offer me very little in terms of defense, especially as Marks. But, perhaps I am being far too pessimistic to see the potential in that comp.

Or what you recommend for Resto Shaman and a Ret as a 3rd partner? Elemental Shaman and Ret as a 3rd partner?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Shaman / Ret / ??? for 3's

Get a cleave... try warrior or rogue, or if you want some CC can look for a nice warlock but that is hard... 80% of locks didnt play their class very well...

Shaman/ret/hunter is probably the best comp you could run with a ret in my oppinion, Im running the same, except im a priest, seems like a good, comp, lots of CC potential. we went 5 -1 before i had to go.

Deleted

Simple.
    Get him to skill holy, you skill enhancement, get a BM hunter.

10+ Year Old Account

Ret tends to work best with a warrior or rouge for their ms abilities then ether a druid or discipline priest for their insane survivability. However if you don't want an ms you could team with a frost mage for their great cc and minor ms ability, destruction locks also work to some extent for their cc and insane burst.
    In general as ret your their for your ability to prevent or slow down damage as well as for your stun so you can chain incapacitate the healer with other cc and take him down, if lined up right a good ret paladin can also do good burst but that's assuming the enemy does not have a member who can offensively & defensively dispel your wings & vengeance stacks.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.