Thread: macro madness

macro madness

This isnt really mage specific but I have a macro that looks like this...

/stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    /use Battlemaster's Bravery

I'm not sure how or why but sometimes this macro will use the trinket even when iceblock is not on cd. I have been 1 shotted in arena several times because I popped trinket instead of ice block :/

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Re: macro madness

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Notrolliouss
    /facepalm
    How unnessecary.

The OP. It made me wonder also for quite a while but I think I know whats causing this.

IB is on the GCD.
    Trinket is not on the GCD.

Example;

You want to use IB, but you have just used an ability that triggered the GCD (Ice lance for example). You press the macro and because the GCD is still active you will be unable to cast IB. The trinket however is able to activate during the GCD and therefor your macro will pop the trinket instead of IB.
    Winds of Creation, Daggerspine eu (8/8 25hc) is recruiting. Visit our webpage for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemos87
    How unnessecary.

The OP. It made me wonder also for quite a while but I think I know whats causing this.

IB is on the GCD.
    Trinket is not on the GCD.

Example;

You want to use IB, but you have just used an ability that triggered the GCD (Ice lance for example). You press the macro and because the GCD is still active you will be unable to cast IB. The trinket however is able to activate during the GCD and therefor your macro will pop the trinket instead of IB.
    At least now I know ;D thanks for the response. Wow and only 1 troll between the question and a decent answer!