Faction Transfer: Warlock

I figure a few of you might have more questions about faction switch than they covered in the FAQ. Feel free to post if you've got any info I miss.

Pet names: Your demons' names stay the same. This could have some fun uses for sharing your demon's name or something.

Quests: I haven't looked very far into this, but you may be able to repeat some quests (including class quests). The quest to learn VW was there at the class trainer even though I've got mine. Although a non class quest I tried said "you have already completed this quest" when I tried to accept it. So I'm not sure what extent of all quests can be redone.

Map: This isn't specific to locks, my map only shows areas I'd already explored. My new faction still had the major cities unexplored. I switched at level 72 and so far I've got all the Kal/EK and Outland flight paths. I haven't checked Northrend yet.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Faction Transfer: Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Sket
    Dude we aren't meduims we can't see the Future or Fly...
    Or maybe we can...

15+ Year Old Account

The dudes at Blizzard who run the quests didn't have anything to do until the Seeker achievements. They only recently managed to flag the right ones as the right continent. Asking them to flag "Horde, Alliance, Both" along with "Completed, Not Completed", and map them to equivelent quests, will take them just as long.

There's 4000+ quests to cover.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    Quests: I haven't looked very far into this, but you may be able to repeat some quests (including class quests). The quest to learn VW was there at the class trainer even though I've got mine. Although a non class quest I tried said "you have already completed this quest" when I tried to accept it. So I'm not sure what extent of all quests can be redone.
    I haven't changed factions, but ran into a dude trying to get me to talk to my trainer to learn how to summon a VW last night. And I'm lvl 78. I learned how to summon VWs long ago.

15+ Year Old Account

There are breadcrumb quests (Hey, did you know this guy over here has a quest for you? Here's a quest to go to him) for most class quests, but a lot of people don't visit these places anymore, or leave the area quicker than expected.

R.I.P. YARG