Druid Question about Swiftmend

Hey all. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever noticed a possible bug with this ability.

I PvP a lot and I swear that sometimes I hit the keybinding and the CD for Swiftmend is activated but there is no health jump on my target.

As it's PvP I have a hard time finding the healing done in the combat log but this seems to happen rather frequently.

I'm probably just missing it or the target is getting hit at the same time I use Swiftmend but like I said this seems to happen often.

I cannot find any forum posts on this which again makes me assume it's me but when I notice this happening is when I hit Rejuvenation and am spamming the Swiftmend. I'm wondering if I need it to tick first?

Thanks in advance all!

Re: Druid Question about Swiftmend

never happend to me... I play only PvE though maybe it's a pvp issue...

You probably do it sometimes just as your target takes a chuck of damage at pretty much the exact same time you cast it, also ms effects + a non crit heal will seem like nothing (depends on gear i guess).

I don't PVP. I do heal sometimes as a Druid in PVE, and I've never ever seen this issue. The only times i've seen Swiftmend fail is if I don't have a rejuv/regrow up on the target, or if the swiftmend CD is not up.

If you're PVPing, how likely is it that someone has instantly purged your rejuv before you hit swiftmend (or had maybe a felhunter eat it)?

Quote Originally Posted by speedymonkey
    You probably do it sometimes just as your target takes a chuck of damage at pretty much the exact same time you cast it, also ms effects + a non crit heal will seem like nothing (depends on gear i guess).
    This is probably a likely scenario I guess since it is also on targets who are being focused (thus a lot of potential for a blow/spell to hit when I use this spell). I hadn't thought about it but MS will suck the life out of a Swiftmend... making it not so mend while still being Swift lol.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    I cannot find any forum posts on this which again makes me assume it's me but when I notice this happening is when I hit Rejuvenation and am spamming the Swiftmend. I'm wondering if I need it to tick first?
    Ive seen this happen and not sure weather the quoted item is the cause or not but seems to mainly happen when i rejuv>swift asap

this is in PvE when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by bockbear
    I don't PVP. I do heal sometimes as a Druid in PVE, and I've never ever seen this issue. The only times i've seen Swiftmend fail is if I don't have a rejuv/regrow up on the target, or if the swiftmend CD is not up.

If you're PVPing, how likely is it that someone has instantly purged your rejuv before you hit swiftmend (or had maybe a felhunter eat it)?
    This could happen BUT with the mechanics of Swiftmend it SHOULDN'T activate the CD on the spell if Rejuvenation/Regrowth were purged from the target. Good idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarakazi
    Ive seen this happen and not sure weather the quoted item is the cause or not but seems to mainly happen when i rejuv>swift asap

this is in PvE when it happens
    I've seen this in PvE too when I heal there but MUCH less frequently and it has been on a tank so I figured that in these situations it was just a hit striking the player when I used the ability since tank health is constantly swinging as a Druid healer due to hots.

Thanks for the post though. At least I'm not completely nuts!