ArP nerf 3.2.2 Comments

Hi there ,

ArP Value is decreased bei 15% , still 10% more than before. But how is that gonna affect the ArP softcap?
    Will we be able to reach the softcap without gemming hardly to ArP?

Give updated spreadsheet now

Re: ArP nerf 3.2.2 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    Hi there ,

ArP Value is decreased bei 15% , still 10% more than before. But how is that gonna affect the ArP softcap?
    Will we be able to reach the softcap without gemming hardly to ArP?

Give updated spreadsheet now
    You'll need 13% more armor pen than you do right now to hit the softcap. You can update your spreadsheet numbers by doing 1 multiplication operation.

what is the current arp softcap?

I have no idea of excel
    If you have a updated sheet with the new arp values , the whole rogue section would appreciate if you could upload it

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by goodkareem
    what is the current arp softcap?

Also, I don't think anyone who maintains a spreadsheet is going to take time to change the coefficients until much closer to the release of the 3.2.2 patch.

why not? The changes are blue posted.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    why not? The changes are blue posted.
    Because blizzard's *never* reverted a change on a PTR before.

*eyeroll*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe 1232 is the current armor pen hardcap. The soft cap is 1232 - Mjolnirs or Grim Toll proc (567 for Mjolnirs I believe).

Either way the change on the PTR if it goes live is only going to change the way combat rogues gem. Armor pen is currently very far ahead of crit, and even though this change would weaken ArP, It won't take it down that far. So basically its still going to be very desired and one of our best stats, but gemming for it over agility likely wont happen at least at current gear levels, maybe in icecrown. I'm assuming this wont change current BiS too much, just make you have to regem.

But on the plus side, Blizz is right, gemming one stat over all other is BORING. I can't wait until I can take out all my armor pen gems and replace them with all agility gems!!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe 1232 is the current armor pen hardcap. The soft cap is 1232 - Mjolnirs or Grim Toll proc (567 for Mjolnirs I believe).

Either way the change on the PTR if it goes live is only going to change the way combat rogues gem. Armor pen is currently very far ahead of crit, and even though this change would weaken ArP, It won't take it down that far. So basically its still going to be very desired and one of our best stats, but gemming for it over agility likely wont happen at least at current gear levels, maybe in icecrown. I'm assuming this wont change current BiS too much, just make you have to regem.

But on the plus side, Blizz is right, gemming one stat over all other is BORING. I can't wait until I can take out all my armor pen gems and replace them with all agility gems!!
    Considering current BiS is built around mace spec + hardcapping ArP, I'd think that an ArP nerf would change everything pretty drastically.