Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: I feel gimp when it comes to AoE threat...

No you're not the only one. TBC was much more fun then this AoE fest.

Dunno - in a raid I actually like combination of burst AoE warriors can do and the slower building threat I do as a DK. At the beginning the mobs will stick to the warrior(s), once their burst wears off, my threat kicks in, everyone can dps, everyone survives, everyone's happy. At least for raids I don't really see a problem here if you have a mix of tanking classes. In heroics it may be different, but that's another topic, I suppose.
    *dumdidum*

I have been a warrior since the launch of this game and have been there from the bad times, to the really bad times, to the good times, to the "meh"
    times warriors have had over the years. I am here to tell you long time warriors have always had a hateorbase relationship with blizzard.

Second, I don't have a problem with "most" aoe packs, or tanking "most" encounters. That being said, the simple fact for current content right now is
    Warriors (and to an extent druids) are not balanced out as tanks compaired to paladins and DK's, no matter how much blizzard wants to grease the
    community with their "working as intented, nothing to see here, move along" mentality. Right now we (warriors [&druids to a lesser extent]) are sub par
    compairatively. It sucks, and it sucks that blizzard is ignoring a lot of the issues to balance us out. Prot warriors (good ones) have to work twice as
    hard to do 90% of what a pally or DK will do aoe wise.

Bring back Bloodbath.

This talent was introduced in WOTLK Alpha/Beta before beeing pulled alltogether. It was purchasable and usable in Defensive and Battle Stance. It read:

Bloodbath (Rank 1) - Wound up to 5 enemy targets within 8 yards, causing 244 to 256 damage and causing them to Bleed for 250 damage over 15 seconds. If the target becomes Enraged, the Bloodbath bleed effect causes four times the normal damage.
    - It would have the same ticking effect than the Pala/DK zones
    - Max number of target could be removed (like for TC)
    - It could be made to scale with weapon damage (like rend)
    - The increase damage to enraged targets could be replaced with increased damage to targets above 75% health (like Rend again) for improved threat at the beginning of the fight.

Plus, it would fit perfectly with warrior RP, which is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by Glencar
    Bring back Bloodbath.

This talent was introduced in WOTLK Alpha/Beta before beeing pulled alltogether. It was purchasable and usable in Defensive and Battle Stance. It read:

- It would have the same ticking effect than the Pala/DK zones
    - Max number of target could be removed (like for TC)
    - It could be made to scale with weapon damage (like rend)
    - The increase damage to enraged targets could be replaced with increased damage to targets above 75% health (like Rend again) for improved threat at the beginning of the fight.

Plus, it would fit perfectly with warrior RP, which is always nice
    thats what i said... however, they would have to lower the damage it does so that arms warriors arent enormously OP in AoE
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Remember when watching your threat was part of the game? Not "this class blows at tanking because they can't hold aggro on 100 mobs while I do 18K AoE Dps with my ONE move!"

Warriors are far from perfect but I do just fine with AoE packs because my dps get the job done without being dickheads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    The facts are:

• warriors do less dps/tps in aoe situations
    • its still enough

Does that mean...

• ...Warriors are dead? No!
    • ...Warriors cant tank groups? No!
    • ...Warriors need to be buffed very strong? No!
    • ...Nerf paladins and deathknights? No!
    • ...a slight increase in aoe threat would be nice? Yes!

How can that be done?
    What about "Using Cleave gives you a 33/66/100% chance to make your next Devataste hit 2 more targets" ?
    I like your idea, that skill would make me SO happy. Devastate hitting more then one? Yayy!!!! :P

warriors suck at AOE. Personally I rather never have a warrior tank. Almost every Warrior tank I've grouped with failed when it came to holding multi mobs.

Most tanks I run with are Paladins and I have found DK tanking to be rather enjoyable this week.

Sure all warriors are not bad tanks, but I've had more than enough.

Some people look at this topic too hard. They may say that warriors are gimped in terms of AOE threat, but thats the least of the problems facing tank balancing in WoW. I mean DK tanks are getting hit like trucks, where Pally tanks can tank everything and survive everything.

Blue posts have already said things along the lines of.. Tanks are the way tanks are going to be... perhaps they are putting a lot of stock into the way things WILL be come Cataclysm, and not worrying about balancing now.. this might prevent them from having to rebalance to the way things once were in the next expac..

Deal with it is the biggest thing.. try your best.. thats all there is.

Oh and I just wanted to say that Paladins are not ACCEPTED as the AOE tank, its more understood. Those two things are different. I'd like to take everything away from Paladins that I could.
    I wouldn't

I play a Prot pally, and you guys ever think about the other side of this?

Yeah we kick your ass on AOE threat, but that means we get stuck with the demeaning and, sometimes, harder task of offtanking. Dragging adds, taunting new ones, rounding everything up while a warrior sits on his ass and presses 3 buttons on one target.

I cant tell you the last time I tanked Emalon, and I've NEVER tanked kologarn, simply because "they need me on adds"

and now you people complain that we pull off you on trash...thats the one place we outshine you, leave it be!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanash

Yeah we kick your ass on AOE threat, but that means we get stuck with the demeaning and, sometimes, harder task of offtanking. Dragging adds, taunting new ones, rounding everything up while a warrior sits on his ass and presses 3 buttons on one target.

I cant tell you the last time I tanked Emalon, and I've NEVER tanked kologarn, simply because "they need me on adds"

and now you people complain that we pull off you on trash...thats the one place we outshine you, leave it be!
    Off tanking is one of the easiest roles in the game.. all you have to do is click a mob...

Do paladins just want everything else to happen for them.. wow
    I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by chrono469
    Off tanking is one of the easiest roles in the game.. all you have to do is click a mob...

Do paladins just want everything else to happen for them.. wow
    you're retarded if you think that A. thats what I was saying, and B. offtanking is easier than maintanking.

I was saying prot paladins have been pigeon-holed into aoe-tanking, which gets old after a while.

All tanking is easy, if you have the right spells keybound and can pay attenion for the whole fight.

Hmm haven't read the whole threat.

What our warrior tanks use at thras is to use Vigilance on another tank, and then the warr can simply taunt all the taunt, no worries if dps takes aggro, just taunt the mob and give it some single threat spells..

Sorry if it's already said.. My warr is dps, so I can't say what to do or not, just that our warr use vigi on other tanks on trash.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    Hmm haven't read the whole threat.

What our warrior tanks use at thras is to use Vigilance on another tank, and then the warr can simply taunt all the taunt, no worries if dps takes aggro, just taunt the mob and give it some single threat spells..

Sorry if it's already said.. My warr is dps, so I can't say what to do or not, just that our warr use vigi on other tanks on trash.
    I do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    warriors suck at AOE. Personally I rather never have a warrior tank. Almost every Warrior tank I've grouped with failed when it came to holding multi mobs.

Most tanks I run with are Paladins and I have found DK tanking to be rather enjoyable this week.

Sure all warriors are not bad tanks, but I've had more than enough.
    It sucks that there are bad players out there making people think this about warriors.

Having played a prot paladin as an alt to my prot warrior I could say with certainty that this is wrong. Prot paladins, in current content, can faceroll
    tank right now, and prot warriors really have to work at it, in every aspect. Prot warriors have more than three buttons to push, that is fact, unless
    they are terribad tanks. I have filled MT and OT roles on both toons, and being an OT is just as frustrating at times as being an MT. The point of this
    thread was that Warriors have a hard time aoe tanking, among other aspects of tanking, as compaired to other classes. Not how we want to take anything
    away from other tank classes, just a better balance is all. It is not balanced right now despite what line of crap blizzard feeds you, and we just have to
    deal with it or re-roll a class that makes it easier to do the job of tanking with. That is not to say that warroirs CANNOT do the job, the good ones
    most certainly can, they just have to work harder at it than other classes. I can very easily do with my paladin what I have to really work at with my
    warrior.

you're retarded if you think that A. thats what I was saying, and B. offtanking is easier than maintanking.

I was saying prot paladins have been pigeon-holed into aoe-tanking, which gets old after a while.

All tanking is easy, if you have the right spells keybound and can pay attenion for the whole fight.
    I'm sorry, the words "demanding" and "harder task of offtanking" threw me off there.. clearly my fault..

Also this sentence threw me off... "Dragging adds, taunting new ones, rounding everything up while a warrior sits on his ass and presses 3 buttons on one target."

Seems to me like you have quite the difficulty off-tanking...

And any Paladin that's pigeon holed into an aoe-tanking role is either bad.. or in greens.
    I wouldn't

On my Prot Paladin I cycle: HoR, SoR, HS, and Consecrate...

On my Prot Warrior I cycle: Demo Shout, TClap, Shockwave, Devastate, [Cleave], Shield Block, Shield Bash, Shield Slam, Commanding Shout (Yeah, it's not 30 minutes like yours), Heroic Strike, Heroic Strike, Heroic Strike

Complain more, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by cajual
    On my Prot Paladin I cycle: HoR, SoR, HS, and Consecrate...

On my Prot Warrior I cycle: Demo Shout, TClap, Shockwave, Devastate, [Cleave], Shield Block, Shield Bash, Shield Slam, Commanding Shout (Yeah, it's not 30 minutes like yours), Heroic Strike, Heroic Strike, Heroic Strike

Complain more, idiot.
    Does it make you feel better if you pretend your class is so much harder?

I play both, prot paladin and prot warrior. On bosses its doenst matter.
    Is using some keys in priority so much harder than rotating 5 other keys? Dont think so.

You make its seem like the difference in "hardness" is like this

RocketScience>->WarriorTank>------------------------------------------------>ProtPaladin

In fact, its more like this

RocketScience>------------------------------------------------>WarriorTank>->ProtPaladin

The harderness is no treason to be arrogant and look down on prot paladins. Its putton/keypressing in a computergame. and yes, it would be nice if prots aoe threat was a bit higher, but its not a big problem, and dealing with it doesnt make you a superior player.

Get over it, youre still playing a game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Does it make you feel better if you pretend your class is so much harder?

I play both, prot paladin and prot warrior. On bosses its doenst matter.
    Is using some keys in priority so much harder than rotating 5 other keys? Dont think so.

You make its seem like the difference in "hardness" is like this

RocketScience>->WarriorTank>------------------------------------------------>ProtPaladin

In fact, its more like this

RocketScience>------------------------------------------------>WarriorTank>->ProtPaladin

The harderness is no treason to be arrogant and look down on prot paladins. Its putton/keypressing in a computergame. and yes, it would be nice if prots aoe threat was a bit higher, but its not a big problem, and dealing with it doesnt make you a superior player.

Get over it, youre still playing a game.
    Ultimately, I think his argument was more along the lines of saying: "If this game were more balanced then everyones job would be just as easy." Which I have to agree is a true statement. Prot paladins, if nothing else, have an easier time on threat and an easier time AOE tanking mobs.

You are correct in saying that the difference in minor, and I argue that that difference is a result of poor balancing, if it is an intent to balance at all.

Also, Lanash was the one who was arguing that off-tanking is hard as a Prot Pally.. no can agree with that.
    I wouldn't

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah bro, life as a Prot Pally is hard. What with having to click consecrate every 8 seconds and all. Blizz need to make a macro that clicks that shit for you automatically.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama