Thread: Seals??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Seals??

SoCorruption is only useful in raids... simply cuz ive seen no 5-man bosses that actually last long enough to be worth it... most bosses are dead in 30-40 secs and with the gross ramp-up time on SoC (Blizzard can say what they want..a nerf it was) it-just-aint-worth it.

Its SoR for anything that aint a raid boss (and even then only if you are not required to switch targets)

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark
    1)SoCorruption is only useful in raids... simply cuz ive seen no 5-man bosses that actually last long enough to be worth it... most bosses are dead in 30-40 secs and with the gross ramp-up time on SoC (Blizzard can say what they want..a nerf it was) it-just-aint-worth it.

2)Its SoR for anything that aint a raid boss (and even then only if you are not required to switch targets)
    1) SoCorr (not SoC = Seal of Command) is better than SoR on anything that lasts longer than ~10 seconds because of the Libram and I don't consider mobs that last shorter than that worthy enough to be DPS'd anyway (10 sec only happens if you're totally overgearing the content= heroics in Ulduar+ gear).
    2) Show me those "bosses", where you don't use SoCorr, please. (and again, who cares about trash, that's not what anyone should aim for when dpsing)

With the SOV Libram it's SOV all the way. Sometimes switch to SOR depending on certain circumstances and macro it to change to my PVP libram but very rarely.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

SoCorruption is only useful in raids... simply cuz ive seen no 5-man bosses that actually last long enough to be worth it... most bosses are dead in 30-40 secs and with the gross ramp-up time on SoC (Blizzard can say what they want..a nerf it was) it-just-aint-worth it.

Its SoR for anything that aint a raid boss (and even then only if you are not required to switch targets)
    You don't play Ret Pally. If you did, you'd know how asinine a statement that is.

And I don't mean to sound harsh. For the most part, I do use SoR in heroics, but on any boss that doesn't go immune during a fight or force you to switch targets some other way, SoCorr does have its place outside of Raid bosses...and in those circumstances, I'm blowing the other deeps out of the water.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Greater Heal is a slow beast, a workhorse that really should be retired. It's big, it's expensive, but it's slow that without either Borrowed Time (discipline) or three stacks of Serendipity (Holy) it's not even worth casting over a Flash Heal because it'll all be overheal anyways. And I dunno about you, but throwing away 1236 mana on a whim like that, with less than 15% of it going to be actual healing. Definitely not worth the 13 talent points people pour into it, either.
    Stop trying to quote class mechanics you know nothing about? Thanks.
    Welcome to healing as a Holy Paladin.

Yes.
    Holy Priests cast Power Word: Shield for one reason, and one reason only. A 60% speed buff for 4 seconds, called Body & Soul if it's talented. You may be confusing "Discipline" priests with "All" priests, so I'm sorry I had to set you straight.
    Renew and a GLYPHED Flash Heal cost roughly the same mana (give or take like 15). Renew heals for twice as much, and does some of its heal instantly.

Greater Heal is a slow beast, a workhorse that really should be retired. It's big, it's expensive, but it's slow that without either Borrowed Time (discipline) or three stacks of Serendipity (Holy) it's not even worth casting over a Flash Heal because it'll all be overheal anyways. And I dunno about you, but throwing away 1236 mana on a whim like that, with less than 15% of it going to be actual healing. Definitely not worth the 13 talent points people pour into it, either.
    You dont understand what he said.

What he said was

X priest only uses Renew because he refuses to use another heal button. It doesn't matter which heal is better to use, this guy ONLY uses Renew. Its similar to saying a ret pally ONLY uses SoV/SoCor. A smart priest will uses the best option, a smart Ret pally will use the best option. So what if its more buttons to press, its the difference in overall value of the player to switch. I understand some people just play to play, but there are other people who play to be as best as they can be.

Don't start poking fun or pretend you are better than some one by saying you know more about class mechanics when you cannot even understand the original post in the first place.

BTW: Priests cast PW:S for more than 1 reason, you have to remember there are multiple gear lvls, and PvP to account for; make sure to double check their class mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes.
    Holy Priests cast Power Word: Shield for one reason, and one reason only. A 60% speed buff for 4 seconds, called Body & Soul if it's talented. You may be confusing "Discipline" priests with "All" priests, so I'm sorry I had to set you straight.
    Renew and a GLYPHED Flash Heal cost roughly the same mana (give or take like 15). Renew heals for twice as much, and does some of its heal instantly.

so when you heal you only use Renew and only
    thats what i said
    i know GH isnt used anymore (since they removed downranking), dont even know why i named it.. switch it with Prayer of (mending, heal) and CoH if you want

like i was trying to say a priest who only use Renew wont go far..
    a paladin who nerf itself by not switching seal is bad and lazy
    a tank without agro suck

i hope your death is eternal and suffering..

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    I get invited back by people because im good at what i do as well, it has nothing to do with what seal i use, i DPS as much as anybody on bosses, who care's if trash take's an extra 30 second's of my life.
    Sorry but in 5 mans its the Trash that wipes groups not bosses. If you wanna half ass shit because your too lazy to switch seals, be my guest but get the fuck out of this thread as the question is for people who aren't too lazy to switch.

Trash is part of the game and is more important in 5 mans then bosses considering 90% of a 5 man is KILLING TRASH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    so when you heal you only use Renew and only
    thats what i said
    i know GH isnt used anymore (since they removed downranking), dont even know why i named it.. switch it with Prayer of (mending, heal) and CoH if you want

like i was trying to say a priest who only use Renew wont go far..
    a paladin who nerf itself by not switching seal is bad and lazy
    a tank without agro suck
    i hope your death is eternal and suffering..
    Your comparing a totally different class and totally different spell's. Explain to me how, since trash dies in 10-15 second's anyway's, that using SoV is wrong. What, because it didn't die in 9-14 second's instead ? Again, it's not wrong it's just a choice and not a wrong choice where 5 mans in concerned.

As for you Rurikar, who jumped in and made this your thread. Shut your stupid face up. I was sharing an opinion, not stating a fact, unlike you and a few other's. I guess it make's you feel good to try and e-bully people eh. If you actually read what the OP said, you would see he was asking what seal's to use in general. You don't like my opinion or way of doing thing's fine, but there is no need to go acting like an asshole because you think your superior to everybody.

EDIT: And since when was 5 man trash hard ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    Your comparing a totally different class and totally different spell's. Explain to me how, since trash dies in 10-15 second's anyway's, that using SoV is wrong. What, because it didn't die in 9-14 second's instead ? Again, it's not wrong it's just a choice and not a wrong choice where 5 mans in concerned.

As for you Rurikar, who jumped in and made this your thread. Shut your stupid face up. I was sharing an opinion, not stating a fact, unlike you and a few other's. I guess it make's you feel good to try and e-bully people eh. If you actually read what the OP said, you would see he was asking what seal's to use in general. You don't like my opinion or way of doing thing's fine, but there is no need to go acting like an asshole because you think your superior to everybody.

EDIT: And since when was 5 man trash hard ?
    I'd be comparable to using a buff that gives 80% DPS over a buff that gives 100% DPS- When run yourself at 4/5ths of your total damage capability?

vengeance for boss and righteousness for trash. next patch when SoC procs become a cleave i would use command on trash. then again ret is my duel spec and i dont even spec into command
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

I use Seal of Wisdom on trash and Seal of Wisdom on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd be comparable to using a buff that gives 80% DPS over a buff that gives 100% DPS- When run yourself at 4/5ths of your total damage capability?
    Because it's a 5 man and i don't really need to care ? . Why do we have to treat a 5 man heroic like a raid instance ? Does nobody do them just for fun ? I re-iterate, if this was for raid instance's then fair enough, giving it your all is more important, but it's a heroic. Sure, I won't be doing as much DPS as i would in a raid enviroment but does anybody actually care ? Certainly not the people i go with cause my DPS is more than good enough. I goto heroic farm run's with friends for the enjoyment, a nice relaxing couple of hour's playing/joking around, so what if im lazy in heroic's and don't want to change seal, will it make a big deal, no. Whoopdedoo, i did 3k DPS instead of 4K, better call the DPS police . I challenge you to find any heroic where it would make a big deal.

Seals HELL YEAH!!
    I like ponies ;D

I like ponies ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Just a few things to add:
    1) If you're totally overgearing a 5 man the Seal damage doesn't matter anyway
    2) There are trash mobs, even in 5 mans that have nuke priority -> SoV wins.
    3) Switching Seals costs mana and it's very likely that you'll run oom if you switch them too often (in 5 mans)
    4) There are little to no places in Raids where SoR would be a significant dps increase, because most trash groups are either 2 mobs or >10 mobs (-> SoV Libram owns SoR's tiny DivStorm dmg) or they need cc and it might prove hard to use DivStorm on them.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, so many bad paladins with bad advice. If you are doing heroics, whether you're overgeared or not, the best choice for trash is Seal of Righteousness. Even if you have the SoV libram, the best choice for trash is still SoR. It doesn't mean that SoV isn't good, it just means it isn't best. And if you're trying to do the best you can, then you're seal swapping when it is necessary. If you dont give a fuck about trash and you dont really care about doing your best at all times, then use whatever the fuck seal you want to. Gem for ArP while your at it too. It will help you. But it won't help you the most. But you dont give a fuck, because its only trash and its only 5 mans.

Stop being bad. Stop being a lazy paladin. And stop giving bad advice. It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what is right. The right answer to the OP is that SoR is best used on 5man trash. SoV should always be used on bosses(raid or 5man).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    But you dont give a fuck, because its only trash and its only 5 mans.
    So you have the choice between + 10 expertise , +200 strength and not having to swap seal vs doing a little more (overkill) damage against 2+ targets, less focus damage, less damage on 10+ mobs and running oom cause of Seal swapping in 5 mans.