Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    -0.5 for wrong NMT placement
    -1 for wrong cloak enchant, should be 23 Haste.
    -1 for having Divine Purpose instead of Guardian's Favor

7.5/10.

I'd try to get the ring from Lootship as well.
    Well I've got no idea what NMT stands for so cant help there, as for the enchant my Spreadsheet showed Agi as a 7dps increase over the haste, Ill check it again. However for the spec its just a personal preference choice, there are alot of stuns in raids and encounters entirely that I enjoy being able to break thus that Favor takes a couple seconds off my BoP.. and my raid has six paladins, I rarely use it. Also the Agi ring is def an Upgrade over the Freeloot 277
    Because I should probably have a link to my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/smoff/simple

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smoff
    Well I've got no idea what NMT stands for so cant help there, as for the enchant my Spreadsheet showed Agi as a 7dps increase over the haste, Ill check it again. However for the spec its just a personal preference choice, there are alot of stuns in raids and encounters entirely that I enjoy being able to break thus that Favor takes a couple seconds off my BoP.. and my raid has six paladins, I rarely use it. Also the Agi ring is def an Upgrade over the Freeloot 277
    It doesn't accound for TAJ and SM procs.

NMT = Nightmare Tear

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Lopp%C3%A1n
    Yes over hit cap, got Sanctified chest but the stats on the 277 chest is still better even tho it's bringing my hit skyhigh.
    Waiting for the gloves from Festergut so i can change my chest.
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Loppan
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Lopp%C3%A1n
    Yes over hit cap, got Sanctified chest but the stats on the 277 chest is still better even tho it's bringing my hit skyhigh.
    Waiting for the gloves from Festergut so i can change my chest.
    277 Gendarme's vs 264 T10
    245 Str 205 Str
    114 Crit 108 Crit
    92 Haste
    10 Agi
    Gendarme's:
    (245 x 212) + (114 x 117)= 65278

Sanctified Lightsworn:
    (205 x 212) + (108 x 117) + (92 x 113) + (10 x 113)= 67622

The above stats assumed that you have used your Nightmare Tear in the most effective way possible (which you haven't). Even using your current gear, it should be in your boots for a 6 Str bonus over the 4 Str you are currently getting from it. You gain 0 benefit from the hit rating on Gendarme's so it wasn't added to the above calculations.

The above numbers don't translate directly to a simple DPS increase. Rawr agrees with the above values and shows a 58 DPS upgrade if you use the 264 T10 chest over the 277 Gendarme's. GearScore fails here.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

You should never ever EVER have a Sovereign gem in any of your gear. You haven't used your Nightmare Tear for the greatest possible advantage either. While the socket bonus in your chestpiece grants 8 Str, it took two hybrid gems to achieve that bonus and effectively gives you a 4Str bonus per hybrid. Had you placed the Nightmare Tear in your boots or belt, you would have seen a 6 Str bonus for that hybrid. To maximize your current setup, replace the gem in your neck with Str/Crit, replace the gem in your bracers with Str/Crit, socket your chestpiece with all Str gems, move your Nightmare Tear to the blue socket in your belt, and replace the 10Str/15Stam gem in your boots with a 20 Str gem.

Your crit chance is pretty low for the gear you have and that is certainly the fault of your weapon, boots, and ring. These will certainly all be getting replaced soon enough.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted

prentice, one small comment:

when you are gemming for hit, it's generally best to first replace any current STR/crit gems with STR/hit gems. you definitely have enough room to replace your STR/crit gems with STR/hit gems and replace that boot enchant with a hit enchant.

if you would do so, you would keep your hit cap, loose 38 crit and 10 AGI, and gain 60 STR. this would be (according to the numbers you used right above) 7144 gain.

now, this would be a minute DPS difference. it comes down to about 44 DPS gain..

now, i would be delighted if you could comment on me.

edit: forgot the socket bonuses you would lose from the boot and ring.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall

when you are gemming for hit, it's generally best to first replace any current STR/crit gems with STR/hit gems. you definitely have enough room to replace your STR/crit gems with STR/hit gems and replace that boot enchant with a hit enchant.
    i heard that somewhere :3

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    i heard that somewhere :3
    yes, you made that same comment back when you judged me because i used a hit gem and enchant to get to the hit cap. this proves my point even further.

edit: and i replied with that for me, it was just a convenience act, since it just fitted and i could not be bothered to pay that extra 400G (back in the day) to replace my 2 crit/STR gems.

edit2: i know my MoT sucks, but trinkets need to drop before i can replace them. my boots need upgrading, and next T10 piece will be the helmet, since that seems the biggest upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall

You are absolutely correct. The reason I am using those three big fat hit gems is that I was expecting to get the heroic lootship bracers rather quickly which would have put me 60+ over the cap. After watching them drop three or four weeks in a row and rightfully going to other raiders, they have not dropped in quite some time. During that time, I received the belt from Hreamwalker. The quick fix was to slam some hit gems in there. While not optimized, it is filling the need until I get those bracers. Then I can gem for pure pwnage!!

I'd gladly review your toon, but it is the end of my workday and I'll be heading out the door in just a moment. If I have time before the raid after arriving home, I'll hop on here and take a looksie.

I didn't see any link above me that was not already replied to so ill just post mine
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gwary&cn=Vonan
    If you see anything I could do to improve feel free to post
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rygos&cn=Firus

Saving up the emblems for the Libram, switched from Prot a while back.

Still a few upgrades to get (blasted bracers won't drop for me off Lootship!) but I think I'm doing ok.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firus
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rygos&cn=Firus

Saving up the emblems for the Libram, switched from Prot a while back.

Still a few upgrades to get (blasted bracers won't drop for me off Lootship!) but I think I'm doing ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Shoulders: Upgrade enchant to 40 AP/15 crit, you're exalted with Sons of Hodir so no excuse!
    Wrist: Upgrade enchant to 50 AP.
    Legs: Change gems to 2x 20 strength.
    Weapon: Stick a Nightmare Tear in the blue socket.
    Glyphs: Switch from Glyph of Seal of Vengeance to Glyph of Exorcism for now.

Holy crap you have a ton of expertise!! Drop 19 of that and you'll be in a good spot with Glyph of SoV.
    And get that Jewelcrafting levelled!

Overall I give you a 8/10.
    I agree with Mahi about Firus's armory. Here's mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...de&cn=Arkadios

get rid of that expertise trinket ASAP; Fanged Skull, DMC:G, MoT everything is better, currenty you're even wasting your SoV glyph. Other than that, everything else looks fine 'cept mining. (and I don't like your prot spec )

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...llen&cn=Meredy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchy
    get rid of that expertise trinket ASAP; Fanged Skull, DMC:G, MoT everything is better, currenty you're even wasting your SoV glyph. Other than that, everything else looks fine 'cept mining. (and I don't like your prot spec )

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...llen&cn=Meredy mine.
    1 point above the hit cap, obviously doing it wrong. /sarcasm

Perfect gem/enchant choices for what you have, although I would definitely suggest a swap over to engineering. Highest DPS profession, and by far the most fun!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadias
    I agree with Mahi about Firus's armory. Here's mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...de&cn=Arkadios
    That VotF trinket is horrid, worse than Greatness by far.
    You're a tad over hit cap, which is a "quick fix" if you are going for the right AC list (Leather or PLate), but it will become an issue when/if you get TAJ.
    Engineering is also a better DPS increase than Enchanting if you want to Max/Min.

-1 for a trinket worse than Greatness
    -1 for 0/2 points in Unyielding Faith
    -0.5 for points in Divine Intellect instead of Healing Light
    -0 for "improper" profession.

7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You should never ever EVER have a Sovereign gem in any of your gear. You haven't used your Nightmare Tear for the greatest possible advantage either. While the socket bonus in your chestpiece grants 8 Str, it took two hybrid gems to achieve that bonus and effectively gives you a 4Str bonus per hybrid. Had you placed the Nightmare Tear in your boots or belt, you would have seen a 6 Str bonus for that hybrid. To maximize your current setup, replace the gem in your neck with Str/Crit, replace the gem in your bracers with Str/Crit, socket your chestpiece with all Str gems, move your Nightmare Tear to the blue socket in your belt, and replace the 10Str/15Stam gem in your boots with a 20 Str gem.

Your crit chance is pretty low for the gear you have and that is certainly the fault of your weapon, boots, and ring. These will certainly all be getting replaced soon enough.
    I don't think I'm going to be replacing the 277 Bryntroll anytime soon unless you want to give me Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnez
    I don't think I'm going to be replacing the 277 Bryntroll anytime soon unless you want to give me Shadowmourne.
    Bloodfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    Bloodfall!
    Due to restructuring of our weekly 25m group we aren't doing many hardmodes outside of Marrowgar and Lootship. Plus I'm not going to be taking that over any hunter or druid that wants it which is going to mean I would be like .. 6th in line. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnez
    Due to restructuring of our weekly 25m group we aren't doing many hardmodes outside of Marrowgar and Lootship. Plus I'm not going to be taking that over any hunter or druid that wants it which is going to mean I would be like .. 6th in line. Maybe.
    Hunters hate it because it has haste on it, and I think ferals feel the same way. They've got their eyes set on Distant Land, as far as I know. If they do plan on rolling on it though(silly choice), run a sim of them and you to see the DPS increase. Whoever provides the highest raid DPS with it should get it.