1. #3001
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    I have never heard that song before and frankly it's quite disturbing (both the fact that the song exists and the fact that you have heard it before). Evidently, we have completely different tastes in music and we'll just leave it at that.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  2. #3002

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You


  3. #3003

  4. #3004

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gus&cn=Blooper

    Suppose I will give this a try.

    Edit: Casey's ret pally looks pretty good except except it's just under hit cap it seems and I prefer the traditional 11/5/55 spec. Props for having max engineering and jewelcrafting(something I have been meaning to do). 9.5/10.
    Thanks to Mipeo for the sig
    (In Arathi Basin)
    Why are you spamming arcane explosion 0.o?
    Because they are close to me noob.
    What about frost nova or something?
    Noob that does no damage.

  5. #3005
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    halifax ns
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Casey, rate Roveredo.
    Riseabove, rate Casey.

    I may not be the best person to tell people how to post in this thread as I bump the thing off topic every other page but if you want your toon rated you should really rate the person above you first.

  6. #3006
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily
    Casey, rate Roveredo.
    Riseabove, rate Casey.

    i think its the hardest thing in the world!
    they should really make people not following the rate thread rules get a 3 day ban

  7. #3007

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo
    -1 really low exp get that up
    -0 technically 3/3 Healing Lights is more useful, but its really a matter of choice
    get a new cape
    get new trinkets
    spot on gemming/spec

    9/10

  8. #3008

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    why are you even coming here to be rated?
    double pve ret specs?
    Cloak and Boots could use upgrades, and i think technically the leather crafted ones are better than the plate, dont quote me on it though

    10/10 its fine, i have no idea why you're even here

  9. #3009

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAbove
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gus&cn=Blooper

    Suppose I will give this a try.

    Edit: Casey's ret pally looks pretty good except except it's just under hit cap it seems and I prefer the traditional 11/5/55 spec. Props for having max engineering and jewelcrafting(something I have been meaning to do). 9.5/10.
    5/5 Divine int is not technically not better than 2/2 Unyielding Faith and 3/3 Healing Lights, but its a choice.

    Leather badge belt > Plate badge belt you're drowning in hit: -1
    Under Exp cap: -0.5
    Gems/enchants are spot on

    8.5/10

  10. #3010

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    -1 really low exp get that up
    -0 technically 3/3 Healing Lights is more useful, but its really a matter of choice
    get a new cape
    get new trinkets
    spot on gemming/spec

    9/10
    Cant really rate atm ( pvp gear and stuff ) but looks pretty good.

    Trying to get Rotface/Gunship 25/Gunship 10 HC cloaks.
    Trinkets are another matter. WFS never dropped, DV dropped ahm, 5 times for my group. All went to huntars who couldnt stay alive or dks pushing 4.8k dps.

  11. #3011

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    str/crit gem in belt should be a small dps increase. Try to keep working on trinkets, even the frost badge haste trinket would be an improvement and you could pickup the extra hit from frost belt. The 245 badge hit trinket is even a dps increase over pyrite infuser check rawr to be sure. Need to pickup some more exp.

    7/10.

    Mine - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&cn=Faids

    I need to swap out a couple gems for str/crit and i keep agi on cloak even though rawr shows a 1 dps difference I am not sure how reliable that is so I keep the agi.

  12. #3012

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Faids
    str/crit gem in belt should be a small dps increase. Try to keep working on trinkets, even the frost badge haste trinket would be an improvement and you could pickup the extra hit from frost belt. The 245 badge hit trinket is even a dps increase over pyrite infuser check rawr to be sure. Need to pickup some more exp.

    7/10.

    Mine - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&cn=Faids

    I need to swap out a couple gems for str/crit and i keep agi on cloak even though rawr shows a 1 dps difference I am not sure how reliable that is so I keep the agi.
    I would say 9.5/10 because of your first trinket. You should get heroic Whispering Fanged Skull, RAWR shows it as a 73 DPS increase.

    Mine:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nedar&n=Hirako

    I know I am under the hitcap as i just replaced Citadel Enforcer's Claymore. Also any advice on how to re-cap it? should i gem for it or replace DMC:G with a placeholder trinket until TAiJ drops because i am getting it once it drops?

  13. #3013
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Faids
    Mine - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&cn=Faids

    I need to swap out a couple gems for str/crit and i keep agi on cloak even though rawr shows a 1 dps difference I am not sure how reliable that is so I keep the agi.
    I am not on my PC at the moment but are you setting up Rawr correctly?? Make sure that you give yourself all of the proper buffs, set the fight settings to Undead and make sure you aren't just going with the Rawr Ret default rotation. I can't rate your setup because the armory and iPhones don't get along.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  14. #3014

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I am not on my PC at the moment but are you setting up Rawr correctly?? Make sure that you give yourself all of the proper buffs, set the fight settings to Undead and make sure you aren't just going with the Rawr Ret default rotation. I can't rate your setup because the armory and iPhones don't get along.
    im pretty positive rawr shows haste to cloak as 1dps increase over agility for most rets.

    Get new bracers with hit so u can dump the hit gems and get back to exp glyph. H 10m icc has decent mail bracers with hit that would be a dps increase as well as the 25m plate bracers.

    8/10

  15. #3015

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    Care to clarify? Aside from not taking imp BoM (if you always raid with a fury warrior you can drop it) it's the standard AM ret spec.

    Regarding your own armory:
    Well, he has low gear, but I assume you cannot help it yet (new char, no guild, many other reasons).
    Still, the PvP items are easily replaced (DMC:G instead of battlemasters and that cloak from normal.... HoR I think instead of the furious cloak).
    Sorry for not posting earlier. When I saw the armory, he was in prot spec.

    I'm not paying 4000 gold for a trinket. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

  16. #3016
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Faids
    im pretty positive rawr shows haste to cloak as 1dps increase over agility for most rets.
    Just to expound a bit. The first link is your cloak enchant with full raid buffs and the proper rotation. The second is mine. Now, I understand that we are looking at a difference of just a few DPS, but consider that 3-4 DPS is 10% of the overall value of the cloak enchant.





    EDIT: You are also losing 2.47 DPS by using a less than optimal gem in your cloak.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  17. #3017
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Just to expound a bit. The first link is your cloak enchant with full raid buffs and the proper rotation. The second is mine. Now, I understand that we are looking at a difference of just a few DPS, but consider that 3-4 DPS is 10% of the overall value of the cloak enchant.

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...hers/Faids.png

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4.../InnoCloak.png

    EDIT: You are also losing 2.47 DPS by using a less than optimal gem in your cloak.
    I don't see an Engineer Parachute on that list >.>

  18. #3018
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I don't see an Engineer Parachute on that list >.>
    That's because he isn't an engineer, I am not an engineer, and the profession is highly annoying. That proff is a DPS loss unless you spend the money and use every one of the toys on CD. Screw that.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  19. #3019
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    That's because he isn't an engineer, I am not an engineer, and the profession is highly annoying. That proff is a DPS loss unless you spend the money and use every one of the toys on CD. Screw that.
    Too many procs to take care of?

    Most of the time, I can get away with MAKING Box O' Bombs and make a profit. Eh that being said, I've been thinking of dropping it for Alchemy because, well, its pretty bitchin' :P

  20. #3020

    Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ad&cn=Joerogan

    Plate Priority, Strength Ring Priority.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •