1. #3861
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    For him no he doesn't need hit, Unless he has more options but yes it's an ok belt if you need hit. I'd suggest the 10 man Heroic off Sindragosa as the best belt in the game pre 25 man as Expertise is a little low.
    Or does it drops from Festergut? I forgot from which abom it drops.

    No, I wouldn't suggest belt with hit, it doesn't have any.
    Nerub'ar Stalker's Cord Fairly well itemized mail belt, trumps plate one too and it is #2.

    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    armory in signature. i haven't posted in this thread for a week or so since, well, i was leveling enchanting for the ring enchants. i got a tier token a week or so ago, and now i'm saving frost emblems for the T10 pants(which will get me at a decent expertise level and remove the need for any crafted gear in both pants and feet slot). i'm also getting familiar with a weekly ICC25 pug that clears (or tries to, god knows how many retards on my server that leave during rotface because they died, and then fuck the rest of us out of festergut and putricide kills) 7/12 weekly, including putricide, with funship on heroic. trying to convince the raidleader to do marrowgar on heroic as well, since that's one of the easier heroic modes for pugs.
    I doubt you need advice on ret gemming, enchants, etc. Your problems are more in the areas of getting good groups to raid with and getting decent gear with them.
    Ever thought about xfer? Ask around which realm have healthy pug scene at EU zone, I'm sure you'll find something. I mean, the more time you wasting struggling with 24 bads trying to down PP at 30%, the harder it will be to get into the decent (geared) group.

    Other than that ...
    1. Get Brynlol. 12 kills, how come you don't have one?
    2. Upgrade your trinkets asap. Make deals, join only groups where people don't need them, whatever. You should get WFS and/or DV. Best method of obtaining DV is reserving one for yourself. Now, for other trinket slot I would either buy or rent (reselling each 2 hours) HWT if needed. It's really big upgrade comparing to MoT, no questions.

    New weapon and trinkets will net you +1k dps and put you at 13-14k dps range and you should work up from there.

  2. #3862
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    I doubt you need advice on ret gemming, enchants, etc. Your problems are more in the areas of getting good groups to raid with and getting decent gear with them.
    Ever thought about xfer? Ask around which realm have healthy pug scene at EU zone, I'm sure you'll find something. I mean, the more time you wasting struggling with 24 bads trying to down PP at 30%, the harder it will be to get into the decent (geared) group.

    Other than that ...
    1. Get Brynlol. 12 kills, how come you don't have one?
    2. Upgrade your trinkets asap. Make deals, join only groups where people don't need them, whatever. You should get WFS and/or DV. Best method of obtaining DV is reserving one for yourself. Now, for other trinket slot I would either buy or rent (reselling each 2 hours) HWT if needed. It's really big upgrade comparing to MoT, no questions.

    New weapon and trinkets will net you +1k dps and put you at 13-14k dps range and you should work up from there.
    1. i have killed marrowgar 12 times so far, but i have only seen bryntroll drop 2 times so far. the first time, it went to a PvP geared warrior, the second time, it went to a DK tank...
    2. HWT will not be for at least another week or so. i need to save to 95 emblems first, so i can get my sanct. T10 pants.

    and yes, i have considered server transfer. problem is that i don't know anyone on other servers, and all my friends (and my brother) also play on the server i'm currently on. i feel like i would betray them if i transferred to a better server.

    regardless, i'm working on getting new trinkets and weapons. if the raidleader allows it, we might do marrowgar on heroic, so i might have a shot at heroic brynntroll, which would be the best weapon i can lay my hands on pre cataclysm. i'm also working on my trinkets, trying to get WFS and DV (and even TAJ if i am in luck).

  3. #3863
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, you'll never find me!
    Posts
    990
    Finally got me a 277 wep yesterday, don't think there's much I can do now to improve until my GDKP run does Hc Fester and drops Hc Coldwraith links.. armory in sig.
    GM of <Leap and Rend> 14/14 hc 10man weekend progression team! Recruiting for WoD.
    <Druid>
    <Paladin>

  4. #3864
    Dreadlord Elessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    912
    If you're thinking of transferring nzall, I organise a 10 man pug every week on Sunstrider with my alt. We clear 12/12 with 9HMs. There's loads of good 25 pugs aswell (the one I'm in with my pally clears 10 or 11HMs), but they also require very high gear and experience. Most trade pugs clear 6/12 with gunship on HC, some better ones clears 10 or sometimes even 11.

    The bad thing is that it's a gearscore relam...

    Edit: And yeah, I could use a ret for my group.
    Last edited by Elessa; 2010-08-15 at 04:46 PM.

  5. #3865
    i'm not really thinking of transferring just yet. i like it on my server so far. i got friends, family and a nice guild there. who knows, some have even raided with me in ICC, maybe some more would like to do that in cataclysm. and since raids will be smaller, i might even have a chance at completely clearing them.

  6. #3866
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Finally got me a 277 wep yesterday, don't think there's much I can do now to improve until my GDKP run does Hc Fester and drops Hc Coldwraith links.. armory in sig.
    You could drop enchanting

  7. #3867
    oh please...

    enchanting provides 80 AP. BS provides 40 STR. after buffs, that becomes 50.6 STR or 101.2 AP. that 21 AP won't increase his DPS by any noticable means. and besides, cataclysm (i know, long distance) introduces STR enchants, making them equal (or as good as).

  8. #3868
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    I recommend people to swap to engineering because it's 13 dps higher than BS. Oh and engineering can translate to:

    Defile? LOLROCKETBOOOOOOOOOTS
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  9. #3869
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, you'll never find me!
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I recommend people to swap to engineering because it's 13 dps higher than BS. Oh and engineering can translate to:

    Defile? LOLROCKETBOOOOOOOOOTS
    I had considered switching enchanting to engineering, but I am waiting until Cataclysm before I finalize the choice, because I did the same thing in TBC, switched profs then switched my eng(start of wrath when it sucked) to JC, on down the line I regretted the choice.. so I think it'll wait till Cata as I have achieved what I wanted in this expansion (Clearing all content(normal or HM)) and got my Ulduar drake (However easy it is now I think I got it start of ToC or ICC, it still felt like I had achieved something in aquiring it) and my 10 man ICC drake. Just chillin till Cata and i'm taking a 2months break in 3 weeks so that break might bring us into Cata anyway).

    Sorry /jabbering off.
    GM of <Leap and Rend> 14/14 hc 10man weekend progression team! Recruiting for WoD.
    <Druid>
    <Paladin>

  10. #3870
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I recommend people to swap to engineering because it's 13 dps higher than BS. Oh and engineering can translate to:

    Defile? LOLROCKETBOOOOOOOOOTS
    We both know that its only higher than BS if you use your bombs immediately when they come off of CD. As for the boots, I can't recall a Defile where I would have been better off with the rocket boots. Either I am paying attention and drop it properly or I got caught tunnel-visioning and it didn't matter how fast I wasn't moving.

    I can't argue that Eng isn't superior for the ultra min/max'r, but screw all of the extra timers.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  11. #3871
    armory: I cant link URLs yet so character name: Asmodei and realm: Drak`thul

    I know I know, my professions arent optimal...but I am greedy to buy flasks, potions and insriptions :)

  12. #3872
    Epic! Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,644
    Everything looks fine, though I believe glyph of exo would do more for you than SoV with how much expertise you have.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

  13. #3873
    How is my spec? Should i pick up AM over sac?

    I am still holding out hope that one day I may get to do a raid as dps (to date I have never been ret in any raid setting *sigh*)

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ius&cn=smoopie

  14. #3874
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    How is my spec? Should i pick up AM over sac?

    I am still holding out hope that one day I may get to do a raid as dps (to date I have never been ret in any raid setting *sigh*)

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ius&cn=smoopie
    as it stands, you are a bit over the hit cap. your options are:
    1) exchange your ring for one withour hit.
    2) exchange your neck for one without hit
    3) get your T10 4P with the pants instead of the gloves.

    and divine sacrifice is worthless without divine guardian. actually, divine sacrifice is allways crap, you just take it so you can get divine guardian. because you need to sacrifice too much DPS for divine guardian, ret normally specs 11/5/55 or 5/7/59, with the latter being a gimmicky spec for deathbringer. yes, you should respec to aura mastery. yes, you should do it immediately.

    your cloak sucks. you should have at least taken the AGI version, because that one is better than the STR version (at least, for now). if possible, get the cloak from gunship (preferably heroic) on 25 man. it's BiS for nearly any gear level.

  15. #3875
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    How is my spec? Should i pick up AM over sac?

    I am still holding out hope that one day I may get to do a raid as dps (to date I have never been ret in any raid setting *sigh*)
    Only 3 bad points is Divinity, doesnt really do much. Stoicism isnt used that much either, but Id go for the Divi Int and Aura Mastery in holy tree instead. Ofc, thats a matter of taste tho I guess
    As for a raid spot....simply dont give away your other specc and keep looking for a group! If you only do gruns, keep /whine up and with time youll get to dps, be carefull tho cos /gkick is a danger to consider in whine mode! xD

    Cant post links yet
    Kazimior on Frostmane (Only Kazimior EU, hard to find )
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

  16. #3876
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Only 3 bad points is Divinity, doesnt really do much. Stoicism isnt used that much either, but Id go for the Divi Int and Aura Mastery in holy tree instead. Ofc, thats a matter of taste tho I guess
    As for a raid spot....simply dont give away your other specc and keep looking for a group! If you only do gruns, keep /whine up and with time youll get to dps, be carefull tho cos /gkick is a danger to consider in whine mode! xD

    Cant post links yet
    Kazimior on Frostmane (Only Kazimior EU, hard to find )
    Glyph of Consecration is a must, drop SoR glyph for it.
    Try to aim for a TAJ drop as well top replace DMC:G when you get the chance.

  17. #3877
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    but Id go for the Divi Int and Aura Mastery in holy tree instead.
    Suggestions of Divine Intellect = /facepalm

    Not sure how many times it has to be stated. ANY POINTS SPENT IN DIVINE INTELLECT ARE WASTED.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  18. #3878
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Suggestions of Divine Intellect = /facepalm

    Not sure how many times it has to be stated. ANY POINTS SPENT IN DIVINE INTELLECT ARE WASTED.
    "Wasted"? No, but they might as well be- Way less than optimal per talent point spent, yes.

  19. #3879
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    "Wasted"? No, but they might as well be- Way less than optimal per talent point spent, yes.
    A gain of ~.01% spell crit and a couple hundred mana that you don't need is the definition of wasted talent points when compared a talent that scales with the ICC buff and can significantly increase your survivability and increase your contributions on some fights(ie. Dreamwalker).

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  20. #3880
    Dreadlord Elessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    912
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&cn=Premoman
    Someone rate this guy please, he "applied" to my weekly ICC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •