@Dmchomerun
    Well I do have the Halfus Shoulders I thought it was only better to go with the Halfus Shoulders and 4pc if you had access to Herioc gear, is that not the case? As my guild has decided to not bother with Herioc's I figured that the 5% extra damage on CS from the pvp gloves would better. I also remember that Mastery and Crit go in tandem as any criticals attacks would increase the Mastery portion of your damage.

^ no link

Just started playing again last week seriously, but meh.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...novar/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malden View Post
    Good morning all. This is my first time posting so bear with me. (I edited out the http from the link so it would post.)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/malden/advanced is my profile link.

I did some reforging after viewing some profiles here of paladins that were 13/13 or close to it. (my guild just became 1/13 this week on 25 man so we're a work in progress). I can could reforge my mastery back up to closer to 20. I reforged it down closer to 17 in favor of crit after doing some profile viewing.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. =)
    You shouldn't favor crit over mastery. Mastery is a flat out better stat. Only reason I could see forging off mastery is if you are in BiS gear, and in between 1 point of mastery. Which means reforging away mastery on maybe 1 item wont affect the total %.
    And also, rate before posting your own link. Not rating and just posting your link is an unwanted douche move in this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-05-29 at 07:15 PM.

You shouldn't favor crit over mastery. Mastery is a flat out better stat. Only reason I could see forging off mastery is if you are in BiS gear, and in between 1 point of mastery. Which means reforging away mastery on maybe 1 item wont affect the total %.
    And also, rate before posting your own link. Not rating and just posting your link is an unwanted douche move in this thread.
    Mastery works to the .01%, but does not reflect it in the tooltip. Crit does become better than mastery in certain players gear setupts, but that can be discovered by a spreadsheet.
    Gear looks good, I'm not going to plug you into wow-reforge because you are right on hit cap, so I'll assume you did it yourself :P One thing you can do is grab the tanking relic from VP. Since you are over the exp cap by 3, you can reforge the dodge on the tanking relic to crit and still be fine. Even though extra exp isn't "wasted", crit will do better. All in all, 9.5/10.

Besides the Fiery + 36 int shadowmourne and the Yoggy tentacle trinket XD: Your below the hit cap, I'll assume this is fixed when you get your real gear on. But what needs to be fixed is your exp. Your at 15 with GoSoT, it needs to be at 26 with GoSoT. Also, I'm not sure if hte debate was ever decided (I've been slacking on looking up EJ lately), meeting socket bonuses for +10 str might not be optimal. Grab the DPS relic for the expertise form the VP vendor. Don't reforge 50 hit to 50 mastery on your bracers, then get the 50 hit enchant, keep the hit (as long as you are above hit cap) and get it chanted with +50 str. Not to bad, but without your real weapon and first trinket on, I can't really tell if your ratings are right or not. I'll assume you cap hit, but I can't be sure. 6/10
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I have heroic magmaw weapon and heart of rage, I am over expertise cap.

Currently sitting at 16.04 Mastery
    8.01 Hit
    and 28 expertise with the glyph w/ real gear on.

Ahh, then get the tanking relic from the VP vendor and reforge the dodge to mastery.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

Can't link yet my name is Chaôsblade on Draenor-US.

BTW

With my gear should I use my DKP (my guild uses this system) on a T11 Helm token considering I don't have a 4 set? The engineering helm is very good because you can put in what stats you need so I'd be losing out on a lot of mastery for expertise (a worthless stat unless reforged) and a boatload of haste, and get the 4 set bonus. Do you guys think that will create a dps increase? Plus i'd have to trade out my 372 plated fists for 359 tier gloves so that's a strength loss and a small secondary stat loss probably.
    Last edited by Chaosblade; 2011-05-30 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^No link.

Link in signature.

Hey, triple people time:

Sol: Gear looks fine, not sure what your exp is with reforging + GoSoT, I'll leave it up to you to make sure that is right. Spec/Glyphs: Take 1 point out of selfless healer and 1 out of acts of sacrifice and put them in E4aE. Personal Preference (and common action) says t take Glyph of DP, as it is a massive life saver in raids.

Chaosblade: You might be able to get to the hit cap without the +hit cogwheel, but that might not be worth the crit gain. Looks good all around though.

Buju: You be prot and holy bro, we can't rate dat shit here :P

Your hit rating, it BURNS! the cap is 8%, your at 9.37%, and you have 2 non-reforged hit trinkets. Reforge away from hit on your gear and use www.wow-reforge.com to get your reforging perfect. Also, I do not believe meeting socket bonuses for a +10 str bonus is worth the loss of the +40 gem. Only on +20 or higher (99% positive). Spec and glyphs look good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    @Dmchomerun
    Well I do have the Halfus Shoulders I thought it was only better to go with the Halfus Shoulders and 4pc if you had access to Herioc gear, is that not the case? As my guild has decided to not bother with Herioc's I figured that the 5% extra damage on CS from the pvp gloves would better. I also remember that Mastery and Crit go in tandem as any criticals attacks would increase the Mastery portion of your damage.
    Again, I am not totally sure about which would be a better combo, maybe some advice from others would be helpful.

The thing I understood from crit/mastery was that mastery is always better considering it is a passive dps increase, and the weight of mastery just ends up being more of a dps increase than crit. I have seen some other Retribution players that have about even haste and crit from gear bonuses because we get stuck with so much haste on high-end gear.

Edit: Can't spell...
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2011-05-30 at 08:32 AM.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Your hit rating, it BURNS! the cap is 8%, your at 9.37%, and you have 2 non-reforged hit trinkets. Reforge away from hit on your gear and use www.wow-reforge.com to get your reforging perfect. Also, I do not believe meeting socket bonuses for a +10 str bonus is worth the loss of the +40 gem. Only on +20 or higher (99% positive). Spec and glyphs look good though.
    It's http://wowreforge.com, no hyphen (:

Deleted
    Well I can't post a link but it is EU-deathwing: Floni

links in the sig. Anyone know if its better to get expertise cap without the glyph to get crusader strike or should i keep SoT and reforge everything to mastery. I lose some 1% crit and .58 mastery or so for doing it. TY

You're not hit cap =/

Looks good. 9/10

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../snater/simple

I know I have to get new enchants on my gloves/Wrists. But I've been slacking lately. :P

Deleted
    Why do people always skip posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Floni View Post
    Well I can't post a link but it is EU-deathwing: Floni
    Replace your head with tier when you get the chance!
    Upgrade all your enchants that aren't BiS, if you have the money for it, the full list of Bis can be found here!

License to Slay is considered better than Fury of Angerforge, estimations here (so you also want to get Heart of rage, on normal or heroic!)

You're gemming for hit when you're over the cap, and that socket bonus doesn't need to be gemmed for anyways.

When you've done all that, or at least when you've changed your gem use this to maximise the output of your character's reforging, you want to choose the option with the most mastery.

I'd recommend glyphing excorcism over judgement, too.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata View Post
    links in the sig. Anyone know if its better to get expertise cap without the glyph to get crusader strike or should i keep SoT and reforge everything to mastery. I lose some 1% crit and .58 mastery or so for doing it. TY
    I've kept the SoT glyph and reforged to mastery, and from what I've read and seen from my performance it seems like the best road to take.

You can get the hit cap without the gem in your chest.

Click me!
    Option 2 & 4 give you a nice mastery boost, when your str+hit gem is replaced with a pure STR gem.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snater View Post
    Looks good. 9/10

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../snater/simple

I know I have to get new enchants on my gloves/Wrists. But I've been slacking lately. :P
    We all slack sometimes!
    Not sure why everyone's putting that hit gem in their chest though recently!

If you replace that gem with pure str, then run yourself through here you'll gain just over 200 mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/unify/simple
    Last edited by mmocfa3b6f5501; 2011-06-01 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    We all slack sometimes!
    Not sure why everyone's putting that hit gem in their chest though recently!

If you replace that gem with pure str, then run yourself through here you'll gain just over 200 mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/unify/simple
    tier 11 ret chest has a blue and red socket with a +20str bonus. so he's basically getting a free 20 hit and could work out his reforgings around that. and yes wow reforge is awesome.

so yeah, use the 20 str 20 hit gem in your chest. free 20 hit. also glyph of divine protection is amazing for this tier, since there's a magic aoe on every fight that you can't avoid and taking less damage at the cost of nothing is always good.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xerif/advanced