Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnar
    Drop your Battlemaster trinket for Greatness
    Get 4pc t9
    I haven't been human in a long time, but unless your guild doesn't recruit Draenei you don't need to gem for hit rating. Drop those gems for crit/str

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...is&cn=Deathnar
    Great Gear but a bit to "much" agi items ~ 45% crit unbufft is perfect, but its only my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    very nice equip there, but why would you get dbw heroic if you could use TAiaJ?
    yeah sure, trinkets its open imo. sh*t that we arent raiding PDOK25 anymore :-/
    there's still some slots to upgrade and DBW Hero drops very often so it would be a "free" upgrade.
    imo it would be to much hit with TAiaJ. But already have the normal version of it.

Peace out

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Siène
    there's still some slots to upgrade and DBW Hero drops very often so it would be a "free" upgrade.
    imo it would be to much hit with TAiaJ. But already have the normal version of it.

Peace out
    Even if you dont use the hit TAiaJ is a big upgrade over HWT!

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso
    9.75/10 cause I don't know the thing about the expertise gem -.-
    While using that gem I'm still a bit under exp cap.

Great Gear but a bit to "much" agi items ~ 45% crit unbufft is perfect, but its only my opinion
    I go with what drops.. No luck on gloves in 23 weeks. I made a deal with most plate that they could take most of the plate first since we didn't have too many rogues (only 1 at the time) so the plate dps got plate, I went mostly BiS leather. I'm waiting for coldwraith links, gloves still

Peace out
    you already have the ilvl 264 version of taiaj and you wear the war token because you would be over the it cap? thats damn stupid i only use half the hit on taiaj and its still 600 dps better then the war token

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    As for downtime on Valithria...you do not heal on Valithria. Ever. Ever. *Ever.* You don't have the mana, and god forbid a frostbolt goes through the melee's interrupts and starts draining your already rather small manapool... Again: if you need to heal as a retribution paladin on a boss fight with a 20% buff to your raid's healing - then your healers are doing something wrong. Terribly wrong.

My point is: 12% more healing or 6% more mana (or whatever) isn't really worth speccing fully into, because it's not your job/role to do that. We simply both lack the cooldowns and the mana do do that effectively.
    You are failing. With the overabundance of downtime on Dreamwalker (even heroic mode), you could actually be doing something useful. I spam heals all the time on that fight because there isn't a damn thing to attack on my side. More often than not, I use my Avenging Wrath to boost heals because none of the mobs live long enough to fully benefit from the buff to DPS them. When Guardian Spirit is called out, I'll usually pop my wings and use LoH on Dreamwalker as well as spam FoLs. Fully raid buffed and spec'd into Healing Light, my FoLs crit for just shy of 10k. This certainly isn't game-changing but anything to make the fight shorter is a nice bonus.

The point is, you aren't a rogue or a warrior. Use the abilities you have and don't be a tool about being spec'd for DPS. I toss out instant cast FoLs all the time (many of them on myself) because it benefits the entire group.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ed+Halls&cn=Hl like totally pro :P still building gear lolz
    Uuuh, what can I say! Good luck leveling and gearing up and drop the Spirit rings? XD

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rhood&n=Mikasa

I have the STR ring 'cause I PvP 90% of the time :3

Quote Originally Posted by CoreMikasa
    Uuuh, what can I say! Good luck leveling and gearing up and drop the Spirit rings? XD

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rhood&n=Mikasa

I have the STR ring 'cause I PvP 90% of the time :3
    change your meta to the 21 agi version and get rid of the stupid 10str/15stam gems. you have 3 and would only need 2 to activate the meta you have right now. only use a nightmare tear in a blue slot to activate the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    you already have the ilvl 264 version of taiaj and you wear the war token because you would be over the it cap? thats damn stupid i only use half the hit on taiaj and its still 600 dps better then the war token
    you have 308 hit with taiaj, i have 299 without !
    with taiaj i would have 384 hit wtf ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=B%C3%B8del

could be that i logedout in pvp gear, postet some pages back had faction and serverchange since then ^^
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil

The reason why:
    As a retribution paladin you do not have the mana to heal, hence your 3/3 Healing Light falls short
    2/2 Unyielding faith applies to fears cast by i.e Blood Queen Lana'thel and the dragons before Sindragosa, why UF is situational to say the least - it at least has some practice.

If you as a ret paladin need to help out with healing, then I'm sorry to say but your healers are doing something terribly wrong and you either a) need to replace them or b) have a serious word with them. You neither have the cooldowns nor the mana to spam Holy Light (the only thing that'll even make a difference on a boss fight) and if you stop to heal - then you're not doing your job which is to DPS.
    Response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    For what it's worth, Divine Intellect is a miniscule DPS increase due to the tiny increased spell crit.

So in the context of maximum DPS, it's the best route. In terms of practicality, well, you're making a choice of meh utility and meh healing vs. meh dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    There are a lot of places where you can FoL:

Marrowgar, when running around (since you're standing in Bro storm anyhow you'll probably have damage to heal).
    LDW, again if running around and you get hit by a Shadowbolt or something.
    Lootship, when standing around doing nothing while the adds spawn.
    Rotface, when running out of the esplostionator.
    Prof. Put, when (again) running around and taking damage.
    Prices, when you take damage while (again again) running around.
    BQL, during Air Phase.
    Dreamwalker, on, err, Dreamwalker (but usually yourself so the healers dont have to waste a cast time on you and can heal her instead)
    Sindragosa, when running from tombs during Air Phase (or to help keep yourself alive if you're like me and stay on the boss most of the time :P)
    Lich King, when running around and you had Infest just casted.

you have 308 hit with taiaj, i have 299 without !
    with taiaj i would have 384 hit wtf ?
    exactly the hitrating i had as TAiaJ droped for me, but the hitrating is wayne because the proc is the thing you want from that trinket, so equip it and change other items with hit and until then you have 384 hit its no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Spamor
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=B%C3%B8del

could be that i logedout in pvp gear, postet some pages back had faction and serverchange since then ^^
    Everything looks top notch (even though I'm quite sure the agility AV ring is better.) except your specc - I'd never go without good old Raidwalling Divine Sacrifice

Here's the extremely hit overcapped Paladin of mine - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Perkulatorn

Quote Originally Posted by Perkulatorn
    Here's the extremely hit overcapped Paladin of mine - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Perkulatorn
    well i can't really find a problem tbh only thing i could even slightly possibly think of to say is on your lefplates would it make more sense to have the JC gem a 10 str and 10 crit gem and the nightmare tear instead of having it on your chest? for a possible +2 strength increase lol, but im not doing caculations of weather or not 10 crit is better than 8 strength hmmm
    but yeah im rambling

here is mine and yes my spec is a little diffrent to most because im not the type of guy to sacrafice myself for a raid(call it selfish or somthing i don't care)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ub&cn=Charliew

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by charliew
    here is mine and yes my spec is a little diffrent to most because im not the type of guy to sacrafice myself for a raid(call it selfish or somthing i don't care)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ub&cn=Charliew
    Er you haz deaths choice. Gief plox.
    Em Your ring is wrong me thinks for PvE anyway.(ashen band one)
    Your weapon is Lame but probs coz you aint had any luck :P and omg Go crazy on the 10str n 10 crit why dont you :S Pure str plzzz... And mabye I complain coz ur human :P
    Er My pve gear is lock away safely in the bank. so crit me on sumint else mabye also ^^

heers mine: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Shagger
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

To add to the above poster...
    Nightmare Tear should be in your blue belt socket with your chest socketed purely for Str. Your legs should have pure Str gems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman
    I'll decline from rating you because I don't do teh arenaz.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I'll decline from rating you because I don't do teh arenaz.
    i decline too since im running out of fire.. sorry too busy!

I won't pass up on free advice on how i can improve so.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ilas&cn=Zazara
    Everthing is so much easier when you stop giving a shit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchyli
    I won't pass up on free advice on how i can improve so.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ilas&cn=Zazara
    Alright, here we go, rate the ret paladin above you.

Offer advice to the ret paladin that will help them and then supply your own armory so the next poster can do the same.
    You can criticize on gear, talent choices, gem choices , enchants, professions, etc.
    Don't be dumb and make sure your armory is logged in ur ret gear and spec. ;\
    ^
    the rules are simple follow it

Well the previous poster is in pvp gear, i don't pvp so i said nothing as i have nothing to say.

You can jump out of my throat now
    Everthing is so much easier when you stop giving a shit