Because that was the gem I could get last night during raid time. I will be swapping it for +20 str soon as I can. I totally forgot I moved my NMT.
    Plus your advice is suspect just due to you not knowing why 256 hit as alliance is fine.
    Last edited by Eladrin; 2010-08-19 at 03:04 AM.

No armory above me.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Edge&cn=Delkyn
    Waiting my turn for fest gloves and H bloodfall, no Bryntoll as I work tuesday nights and is when my guild usually kills him.
    Just got TAIAJ tonight

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tad too much hit, but it's been tough for a lot of Rets I see to rotate that around and actually get it down. I don't know about getting the socket bonuses for the agility on some of your gear, but with the gems you have, that extra crit from the agi isn't going to hurt you any.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...har&cn=Railene

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Tad too much hit, but it's been tough for a lot of Rets I see to rotate that around and actually get it down. I don't know about getting the socket bonuses for the agility on some of your gear, but with the gems you have, that extra crit from the agi isn't going to hurt you any.

Re-read that he just got TAJ, that could allude to Delkyn's current hit issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post

-Wrong meta, should be using 21 agi/3% crit
    -Put your NMT in your chest
    -Don't gem for any str/stam gems ever
    -Put str/crit in your bracers
    -Enchant your bracers
    -Drop some hit if you can
    -You only have 11 expertise and you don't have SoV glyph? That's a huge problem; replace exorcism with it
    -Your 5 points in divine intellect are basically a waste, put them in the other 2 talents in that tier
    -The str frost cloak is bad, drop it for gunship 25 or rotface 25 and get t10 legs, it'll help your expertise and replace a terrible cloak
    -The leather frost belt is better than your current one, though if you replace your legs with t10, I'd suggest the frost str belt to make up the hit
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi View Post
    /cough, they're Alliance /cough
    I know that, but they seem to be aimnig for 8% anyway is why I said it. Otherwise they're overhitcap and need to lose some..

Seeing as there's no link above me I'll shoot: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...han&cn=Trixxie

Don't hate me for having a few pvp items aswell as my specc/glyphs, as ret is mainly for pvp on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    Seeing as there's no link above me I'll shoot: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...han&cn=Trixxie

Don't hate me for having a few pvp items aswell as my specc/glyphs, as ret is mainly for pvp on my part.
    Drop some hit (frost leather belt would be a good replacement, you'd be just over cap) and put your NMT in your chest, don't ever go for a socket bonus when there's 3 different colored sockets, and if you raid at all as ret, you'll want glyph of SoV to get exp cap. Looks fine other than that and the things you mentioned.

Got Heroic Bryntroll today, quite a huge upgrade over my ilvl 200 Argent Tournament sword .
    I'm just looking for some advice if any of the pieces im wearing now are actually decent, and which ones are not. Also, what setting should I use in rawr to compare gear? The EJ ones?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Got Heroic Bryntroll today, quite a huge upgrade over my ilvl 200 Argent Tournament sword .
    I'm just looking for some advice if any of the pieces im wearing now are actually decent, and which ones are not. Also, what setting should I use in rawr to compare gear? The EJ ones?
    Well since you don't have gems and talents it's semi hard to give you a good break down. Get rid of the PvP gear asap and get your hit up your 106 hit rating under the cap. Most of your 277 items can be kept until you replace them with better gear. Your end goal is 4PC T10 so that should give you an idea where to start. Replace Trinkets and Ring ASAP as well.

PS I hate you for having the neck I have been trying to get since our first BQ kill a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7gall&cn=Nzall

got the mats for SE (apart from saronites).

main issue now is how to get rid of all that hit. TAJ gained me a lot of hit and i need to get rid of it.

Enchanting 32 AP on boots and replacing waist with the frost emblems leather one should do the job

Or drop the tier hands, get tier legs instead which solve your expertise problem aswell, and buy the hands from frost emblems
    Last edited by Kenjji; 2010-08-19 at 11:24 PM.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7gall&cn=Nzall

got the mats for SE (apart from saronites).

main issue now is how to get rid of all that hit. TAJ gained me a lot of hit and i need to get rid of it.
    Nah keep ur current belt, get tier leggs and replace ur tier gloves with Fleshrending gauntlets from Fester preferably. Sorts out u being over hit cap with TAJ and being quite a ways under exp cap Congrats on both items btw Nzall.

Oh and keep icewalker, just change ur glove gem to 10str/10crit when u get other gloves and you will be at 264hit. If you can't get ur hands on fleshrending gauntlets, the EoF mail gloves are probably your best bet.

Edit: /facepalm at me not reading all of Kenjji's post. Meh, there u go anyway.
    Last edited by Brael; 2010-08-20 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    you both missed that i already had T10 legs.

and wouldn't the EoF leather gloves be better than the mail ones? or anyway, i'll check rawr for it.

edit: apparently, the plate EoF gloves are my best bet. that's unexpected. anyway, i'll run an optimisation with EoF cost to see which are the best.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2010-08-20 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Well since you don't have gems and talents it's semi hard to give you a good break down. Get rid of the PvP gear asap and get your hit up your 106 hit rating under the cap. Most of your 277 items can be kept until you replace them with better gear. Your end goal is 4PC T10 so that should give you an idea where to start. Replace Trinkets and Ring ASAP as well.

PS I hate you for having the neck I have been trying to get since our first BQ kill a long time ago.
    Yeah, I will obviously replace the PvP pieces with time, I just started collecting gear. I had the PvP pieces in my bank from when I was playing Prot PvP when I was fresh 80. I don't want to enchant/gem anything until I have a full set, I might replace something when I'm collecting other gear. I don't see why the ring is so bad though, It has strength, crit and Hit, I need the hit. I am collecting frost badges as well, I regret buying all those Saronites I bought before. :P Thanks for the post, but you didn't answer the last question. Should I use the EJ rawr settings, or something else?

What's with the hate? I'd trade my neck for Shadowmourne any day.

10+ Year Old Account

and wouldn't the EoF leather gloves be better than the mail ones? or anyway, i'll check rawr for it.

edit: apparently, the plate EoF gloves are my best bet. that's unexpected. anyway, i'll run an optimisation with EoF cost to see which are the best.
    If you can get fetser's gloves, those will almost certainly be better than gatecrasher's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    If you can get fetser's gloves, those will almost certainly be better than gatecrasher's.
    well, first, they need to drop and secondly, i need to get lucky on the roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    True that, true that. Good luck to ya. I had to wait for our other ret and a fury war to get them before I did, because they both had more dkp than me = /

Armory hadn't updated to show you even had TAJ for me, so didn't realise you had T10 leggs, Gatecrasher's the best for you? That is a surprise..

Get those T10 leggs on you to sort out ur expertise anyway ^^ Even if you have to wear all 5 till you can afford the gauntlets it'd be worth it rather than the leggs of acension, saying this since atm you're prot on armory and dunno whether you're using the T10 :P

Not to budge in on your discussion. I haven't played ret since I leveled, which is almost 33 days of played time ago, and have been picking up a few pieces from OS rolls. Now I'm way over hit and everything, but I'm just wondering if I'm really just a few gear swaps away from some decent dps. Right now I peak at like 3150 dps at boss level dummy. Anyways, here's my stuff:

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...as&name=purusa
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&cn=Purusa

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.