Resto druid S7 - PVP Weapon Choice

Heya everyone So now that season 7 has begun I have been wondering what to try and save points for.
    Considering my team rating at the moment I have been looking into the T1 (1800 rated) PvP healing weapons.
    Last season I chose the staff over the mainhand/offhand however now I am unsure which one I should pick. I
    was hoping you guys could give me a hand in choosing the right weapons Here is the breakdown as I
    calculated it.

Staff :

Relentless Gladiator's Energy Staff :

+196 Stamina (+31)
    +87 Intellect (-2)
    +98 Spirit (+45)
    +0 MP5 (-21)
    +Sockets (+1)
    Increases spell power by 621 (-94)
    Improves your resilience rating by 98 (+5)

Mainhand/Offhand (Combined stats) :

+165 Stamina (-31)
    +89 Intellect (+2)
    +53 Spirit (-45)
    +21 MP5 (+21)
    +Sockets (-1)
    Increases spell power by 715 (+94)
    Improves your resilience rating by 93 (-5)

As we can see the staff gives overall higher raw stats whereas the MH/OH will give a larger amount of spell power. Another point for thought is the MP5 which will effectively counter out the loss of -45 spirit from the staff.

Thanks in advance and please feel free to correct any math mistakes, all comments are welcomed

Crazy

Edit: Some colour changes.
    Lemon Juice

Re: Resto druid S7 - PVP Weapon Choice

You should compare them after saying both have been enchanted properly, in which case the staff won't be as far behind in spell power as it is unenchanted thanks to the staff only spell power enchant.

Re: Resto druid S7 - PVP Weapon Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    You should compare them after saying both have been enchanted properly, in which case the staff won't be as far behind in spell power as it is unenchanted thanks to the staff only spell power enchant.
    The staff enchant only gives 81 SP, which is just 18 more than the 63 SP ench for 1h. Assuming you used a pure SP gem in the socket you're still 53 SP short of the 1H+OH combo, and I think this is too much to give up for the extra stam and resilience of the staff (as pointed out, the MP5 and Spirit sort of cancel eachother out).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!