Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Tirion's ultimate sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by VEyez

look at the WoW: Cataclysm trailer from Blizzcon, at the very beginning Arthas will be shown in the video (an eyeblink and its gone)
    why would they put him in there if hes already dead?
    Why do people keep using this? It's a gameplay/announcment trailer. Arthas is going to die this expansion, that's almost certain. What happens to Ner'zhul is another matter.

The trailer refers to the what is currently happening, I.e whilst we are battling Arthas in the frozen north, the lead up to the Cataclysm is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket471

As soon as arthas dies, it creates a massive blast of holy energy cracking the foundations of the citadel, and it is about to collapse. With a list bit of humanity left, Tirion tells the players to leave the citadel before its too late.

Then once the players get out, there's an epic use of phasing as the entire citadel collapses, crushing everybody inside, including Tirion.

Right after the destruction however, there is another cutscene that plays. It shows your character walking towards the rubble and as they look through it
    You watched to much LoTR I'm afraid x)

Ner'zhul was already killed off in the Arthas:Rise of the Lich King book, I'm pretty sure that Arthas is the only remaining entity within the Lich King.

Yeah it'd be interesting if the final bit is Tirion and Arthas exchanging blows. One way that I could see that removes both lore figures, and both lore weapons (while still leaving room for Shadowmourne)...

They both exchange blows in the final percents. The raid is off watching in the distance, probably dealing with adds or munching on popcorn. Eventually, each weapon clashes with a thunderous blow. Both weapons shatter, their powerful energies within released. These energies mix (to a negative effect) and causes a massive explosion that blows both Arthas and Tirion away. Arthas gets a shard of Frostmourne straight to the chest and struggles to his feet... but ultimately falls overy dead. Tirion fares no better, struggling up to a kneel to give a final farewell speech before he gives up the ghost.
    Raid picks up the now inert pieces of frostmourne (probably on heroic only to give 100% drop chance here) and has them reforged into Shadowmourne through a cool questline. Maybe something vaguely like Atiesh, minus the necessity of killing other raid bosses.

Ultimately, the LK fight definitely will involve some major lore figure. Maybe even many lore figures, we are supposed to be marching as an army, after all. I can confidently say Tirion will be there though, it would not make a bit of sense unless he dies some lameass death earlier in ICC to Grunty McLootbag the Abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurox1
    Ner'zhul was already killed off in the Arthas:Rise of the Lich King book, I'm pretty sure that Arthas is the only remaining entity within the Lich King.
    Really? I heard that Arthas doesn't exist anymore, that the Lich King absorbed his entire being. Thoughts, Memories, Love for Jaina and all.

I have a feeling its not just gonna be Tirion, But MANY great lore characters.
    Darion
    Surfange
    Sylvanis
    ??Maybe the Dragonflights??
    Mal'ganis
    Thrall
    King Wryann
    Jaina Proudmore
    ??Uthers Ghost??

would be sweet to see all these and more lore characters in the same room engage in combat

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket471
    my theory on what will happen at the end of IC citadel is this:

At say 3% or 1% health, all us players drop out of the fight and Tirion closes in on arthas to finish him off. As they battle, Tirion knocks frostmourne out of Arthas's hand and catches it himself, thus frostmourne taking over Tirion's soul and making him the new Lich King.

Frostmourne needs WAY more Time to corrupt a Soul, than just by grabbing the Blade. Ner´zhul weakened Arthas by corrupting him over Months. It´s not like grabbing the Blade and !DING! Yay, me iz evul now! And for Tirion? He may be the only living Beeing that could resist the Blade.

No, what will happen mostlikely is that Tirion and Arthas cross Blades at about 3-1%, as you allready stated. But i guess that Frostmourne will be shattered by a massive Hit with the Ashbringer. A huge Part of Arthas´ Power comes from the corrupted Blade, and with his Weapon destroyed he will be weakened. Blizz stated that he will not die, but there is nothing left of the Old Arthas. Maybe he get´s imprisoned, ot they find a Way to restore his Soul. I have no Idea.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I think that there will be well-made cut-scenes throughout the Arthas encounter, like all of the big lore characters that hate him.

They will all help us, some will damage him, some will help us (Like Yogg Fight). An example of one who would help us with healing spells and dispels would be Alexstrazsa.

Then Arthas enrages, no matter how much DPS you have. An army of 100+ Scourge will rise from the ground, Tirion looks back to see them all. Tirion then says something along the lines of "Heroes, I must do what I must. I must sacrifice myself for the good of the world, fight on, Crusaders, it has been an honor to fight with you."

He then explodes and the screen turns as bright as it did when you defeat Kil'jaeden, killing all the scourge and leaving holy ground, weakening Arthas even more. Tirion exploding also shatters Frostmourne, Arthas then calls Frost Wyrms to come, but then Alexstrazsa fire breaths them all to become Red Drakes and help vanquish the Lich King.

Arthas then only can use his bare hands and his abilities. Tiron exploding also increases damage against Arthas by 50%.

We then defeat Arthas, and all of the lore characters do some big speech, then there would be a quest item that drops from Arthas, and when you turn it in, it shows a cinematic of Tiron's last words and his funeral.

You also see the Red Drakes and Alexstrazsa breathing fire over all of Icecrown and it's surrounding areas, sprouting life, and melting Arthas' armor.

That's what I'm thinking.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Córiban

Frostmourne needs WAY more Time to corrupt a Soul, than just by grabbing the Blade. Ner´zhul weakened Arthas by corrupting him over Months. It´s not like grabbing the Blade and !DING! Yay, me iz evul now! And for Tirion? He may be the only living Beeing that could resist the Blade.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Joker23
    I have a feeling its not just gonna be Tirion, But MANY great lore characters.
    Darion
    Surfange
    Sylvanis
    ??Maybe the Dragonflights??
    Mal'ganis
    Thrall
    King Wryann
    Jaina Proudmore
    ??Uthers Ghost??

would be sweet to see all these and more lore characters in the same room engage in combat
    Yeah, there are many people who want Arthas dead, and I would be pretty disappointed if Darion, Tirion, Saurfang, Sylvanas, Mal'ganis, Varian and Jaina didn't show up. Though I can't imagina how they will make an exciting encounter with seven lore characters fighting and Jaina talking.

Why must people come up with these crazy, ridiculous, non-unique fanfics? I mean, Blizz can do a lot better than shoving 80 lore characters on top of the Frozn Throne. As far as Tirion goes, I want him to die, but he probably won't. You need to stop turning this into the ultimate brawl that everyone has to watch. And yes, many people want Arthas dead, but they're busy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AguyinaRPG
    Why must people come up with these crazy, ridiculous, non-unique fanfics? I mean, Blizz can do a lot better than shoving 80 lore characters on top of the Frozn Throne. As far as Tirion goes, I want him to die, but he probably won't. You need to stop turning this into the ultimate brawl that everyone has to watch. And yes, many people want Arthas dead, but they're busy.
    They wouldn't be as busy if Arthas was dead.

Standing still in a town is being busy, also?

The point of this expansion is to defeat Arthas, so I don't see why everyone wouldn't want to watch it.

15+ Year Old Account

ICC will collapse during the fight, parts of the upper stage fall down, standing there will be bad.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    ICC will collapse during the fight, parts of the upper stage fall down, standing there will be bad.
    It might. It might not.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty
    Tirion then says something along the lines of "Heroes, I must do what I must. I must sacrifice myself for the good of the world, fight on, Crusaders, it has been an honor to fight with you."

He then explodes and the screen turns as bright as it did when you defeat Kil'jaeden, killing all the scourge and leaving holy ground, weakening Arthas even more.
    Yeah that was a wicked episode of DBZ.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - Black Smoke Monster

first of all arthas is no more the lich king have taking over his body 100% so why do you keep calling him that? and for frostmoure it can only beheld by one it wants, and Tirion is tooo much pure hearted for it, when arthas took it he was full of revage, had made him bad and he killed tons of his own people, for what he thought was right.

15+ Year Old Account

It might. It might not.
    For you.
    This one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroclysm
    Yeah that was a wicked episode of DBZ.

They wouldn't be as busy if Arthas was dead.

Standing still in a town is being busy, also?

The point of this expansion is to defeat Arthas, so I don't see why everyone wouldn't want to watch it.
    Pop Quiz: Why didn't Thrall leave Orgrimmar at the first mention of the Mag'har?

Answer: Etrigg decided against it because... He had to maintain the city. You can't just leave somewhere and think it's all going to be just dandy when you come back. Sailing to Northrend takes time (disregard how players get there, it just an f-ing time device) and that's why Thrall has planned ahead in the comics to go and help out.

I think that there will be well-made cut-scenes throughout the Arthas encounter, like all of the big lore characters that hate him.

They will all help us, some will damage him, some will help us (Like Yogg Fight). An example of one who would help us with healing spells and dispels would be Alexstrazsa.

Then Arthas enrages, no matter how much DPS you have. An army of 100+ Scourge will rise from the ground, Tirion looks back to see them all. Tirion then says something along the lines of "Heroes, I must do what I must. I must sacrifice myself for the good of the world, fight on, Crusaders, it has been an honor to fight with you."

He then explodes and the screen turns as bright as it did when you defeat Kil'jaeden, killing all the scourge and leaving holy ground, weakening Arthas even more. Tirion exploding also shatters Frostmourne, Arthas then calls Frost Wyrms to come, but then Alexstrazsa fire breaths them all to become Red Drakes and help vanquish the Lich King.

Arthas then only can use his bare hands and his abilities. Tiron exploding also increases damage against Arthas by 50%.

We then defeat Arthas, and all of the lore characters do some big speech, then there would be a quest item that drops from Arthas, and when you turn it in, it shows a cinematic of Tiron's last words and his funeral.

You also see the Red Drakes and Alexstrazsa breathing fire over all of Icecrown and it's surrounding areas, sprouting life, and melting Arthas' armor.

That's what I'm thinking.
    I'd love to see that. But something HAS to have Kil'Jaeden in it. Like just as you defeat him his hand bursts through a portal to the nether and rips arthas and Ner'Zhul into two separate souls. He takes Ner'Zhul and gives us arthas to do with as we please.