DK- DW frost pvp

inb4 unholy spec is king of pvp

Anybody pvps with threat of thassarian with moderate success? Whats your pvp spec like? Also this is probably not arena friendly, so no need to bring it up (unless you're actually doing well in arena with a dw frost spec). BGfun only

Currently using this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jf0hZ...cofucuzAoc:kNa
    The damage is excellent (white dw+oblit+fs), but I find my survivability to be the biggest thing sacrificed. If I don't overkill the person in UH pres I'm a dead man flailing.

I'm thinking about switching over to this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jf0hZ...cofufuzAoc:kNs
    In this spec I'd be sacrificing the ability to pewpew hard with obliterate and instead gain 10% of my hp often with death strike. Icy touch glyph (along with scent and chill) pretty much assures that you'd be frost striking 90% of the time anyway. The majority of your white comes from the fact that you're dual wielding, and the majority of your spell comes from frost strike. I haven't tried this yet so I made this thread to see if anybody else has experience in the dw frost pvp field.

Currently I gem strength, hit and spell pen in that order. Mix 'em around as I need. I wear a bit of ArP gear too to help the dw white (9%).
    I'm thinking about using spell pen JC gems instead of str JC, and splitting str gems with stam (str/stam) for the second build. Stamina struck me as huge for the ds healing portion especially if i'm speccing into imp. frost pres for the nerfed +6% stam. It's also intimidating to see a dw dk running towards you with only his HoW buff, Blood pres and 27k+ hp.

I'm pretty biased towards frost dw pvp now and have had enough of unholy for the past couple of seasons so you can't convince me unholy is better, i know it is.

Thoughts? If you have no experience on frost dw pvp or feel the urge to convert me back to UH, keep it to yourself.

Re: DK- DW frost pvp

What a bunch of messed up speccs.
    biym

Quote Originally Posted by Yuron
    What a bunch of messed up speccs.
    Yeah I put too many points into frost instead of unholy right lol

I don´t have time to analize your spec now, but keep in mind that if BG is what you like, being tanky is the way to go. If you have a lot of health, you can just get a good ranged and a healer and pretty much stay alive ubntil the end.
    But anyway, it´s veeeery hard to have 3 useful types of gems on the same spec. IHMO, I think you`d do more damage by putting STR gems over the spell ones, and you can themn put stamina on blue slots.
    Best wishes
    I don´t play wow
    Wow plays me

Quote Originally Posted by Auross
    I don´t have time to analize your spec now, but keep in mind that if BG is what you like, being tanky is the way to go. If you have a lot of health, you can just get a good ranged and a healer and pretty much stay alive ubntil the end.
    But anyway, it´s veeeery hard to have 3 useful types of gems on the same spec. IHMO, I think you`d do more damage by putting STR gems over the spell ones, and you can themn put stamina on blue slots.
    Best wishes
    Well as a dw I need 3 primary stats. Hit, Spell pen and Strength. The second spec favors stamina but stamina will only follow after strength. After I get the desired hit and spell pen, strength and stam can split priorities which is why I'm thinking to use str/stam gems instead of using full stamina gems or full strength gems.

Besides nothing scales with stamina except heal strike and frost pres. If I had a talent like Hunter vs Wild I'd probably use full stam gems, but for the second build, it's still lower priority.

I use dw frost for pvp in an 18/53/00 custom spec

imp rune tap and all the frost trees survival cooldowns and dps talents and your g2g

Quote Originally Posted by Malvo
    This.
    Chains of Ice for Frost Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Balty
    This.
    Chains of Ice for Frost Fever.

meh there are better specs

personally i use this pvp spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10392

the last glyph is your pick either obliterate frost strike or hungering cold

chains of ice is your frost fever applier and howling blast works well as an aoe snare because it now applies frost fever>chilblains

if kited use death coil, icy touch, blood boil, and howling blast as ranged nukes with howling blast as a priority

chains of ice works too for that but if kited by a pally or dispell spamming priest you gotta

self heal on short cooldown works well and UA will stop the pain of most enemies

BGs R Srs bsnz.

You can go do a bg with no spec and still own face. Good thing there's so much theroycrafting about it here.

If you want to take pvp seriously go check out arenajunkies.com where only glads and high rated players can post. Instead of here where so many "challengers" give advice.