[Elemental] Respec from resto.

Hi fellow shamans...

I've been having a hard time figuring the rotations, gemming and speccing during my transfer to elemental shaman.

My dps is roughly 4k on a target dummy and i dont get it. (shouldn't it be more?)

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...n&gn=ON+A+BOAT

I've been gemming with haste at most, though i'm afraid it was a wrong decision? ;(

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Elemental] Respec from resto.

Your spec is mostly fine although you will be wanting the three points in Storm, Earth and Fire due to the faster CLs on AoE pulls and the damage increase on Flame Shock. Every little helps and all that. While Improved Shields is good for Resto and Enhancement, it's not so great for elemental shamans as Water Shield is our shield and mana is one of the things a decent Elemental Shaman will never worry about. Drop your 3 points from there into SE+F.

Your hit is fine for raiding with a Boomkin/Spriest although if not, switching for about 30 or so more hit might help. Haste is good but I think (and im not a pro stat weight calculator) gemming for pure spellpower may yield more damage.

Also, switch your Meta for 21 Crit Strike Rating and 3% crit damage. Overall, your shaman far outgears mine so I wont comment further. Feel free to correct me if im wrong anywhere.
    "You play WoW so much, on my warlock, when i cast drain life on you, it says "Warning, target has no life"

#1. Wrong meta. 3% increase in crit damage is better
    #2. don't gem for haste, gem for SP.
    #3. Ouch, the totem isn't the best. I'd switch to Totem of Hex with the amount of haste you have. If you drop down to 400'ish haste, go to the new one (Electrifying Winds)
    #4. Fetish of Volatile Power is probably not so good. Switch to a SP trinket. Haste/Crit trinket combos generally aren't as good for us.
    #5. Take 3 points out of Unrelenting Storm and put them in Storm, Earth, and Fire.
    #6. Take 3 points out of Improved Shields (they do NOTHING for us) and put them in Eye of the Storm imo (if you actually want to raid as elemental, the pushback protection will do far more).

Unrelenting Storm is generally not needed especially if you have 5 points in Convection. I don't have any points in US and never go /oom as elemental. Those 6 things should help considerably.

First off, I *might* be a bit behind, sorry if thats the case, and this is horribly wrong logic.

Switch elemental warding and Storm, Earth and Fire talent points would help a bit. The DR isn't much good for raiding, and the extra damage on FS helps. Totem of hex would help DPS a bit more than your current as well. More damage is lightning bolts than lava bursts.

As for the haste gems, I'm not sure if those or SP would be better.

I'd always dump that improved shields talent for storm earth and fire.
    The dot doesnt do much but it's still a realy good dps increase.

I dont know about glyph of flametongue, i'd take lightning bolt if i were you. 2% more crit doesnt make any real dps increase, and raid buffed you get mostly crits anyway.

Haste is usually the way to go for shaman, keep it. I havent done the math but it's usually working better than other stats.

That's all i can say for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

I dont know about glyph of flametongue, i'd take lightning bolt if i were you. 2% more crit doesnt make any real dps increase, and raid buffed you get mostly crits anyway.

Haste is usually the way to go for shaman, keep it. I havent done the math but it's usually working better than other stats.

Glyph choice here is correct. 4% lightning bolt is better, as the only spell a shaman uses where crit is a factor is lightning bolt, as Lava Burst gets the auto crit.

my gear isnt even that good and i pull 4.5-4.9k on dummy, change haste to spellpower on all those gems, i'd probably change 2% crit on weapon to 84 spellpower from totem of wrath, lava burst doesnt benefit from 2% crit because with shock its 100%, but it does benefit from 84 spellpower.

same as haste, nothing to lava burst, spellpower gems....loads more damage to lava burst.

as others said earth wind fire etc, flame shock dmg aint loads but its more than shield that do nothing.

just chill on haste really spellpower is KING. so your trinket, really not great try get one with a big spellpower proc.

even if you have to use the heroism badge one, 84 crit +590 spellpower proc, test it on dummy i assure you you'll do more dps even though its 32 or 45 item levels lower.

You also mentioned being unsure about rotation which I missed, so basically its:
    Flame Shock to begin -> Lava Burst -> Lightning Bolt until Lava Burst is back off CD -> Lava Burst -> Repeat "Lava Burst -> Lightning Bolt until Lava Burst is back off CD -> Lava Burst" -> Refresh Flame Shock when it runs out.

Keeping Flame Shock up is important so watch those timers. Make sure you Lava Burst everytime it is off cooldown. I sometimes miss my Lava Burst and throw out another Lightning Bolt and it does actually affect your dps noticeably.

Hope this helps.
    "You play WoW so much, on my warlock, when i cast drain life on you, it says "Warning, target has no life"

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

No no no no no.....

Hit to cap > SP >> Haste >>>> crit

SP over haste EVERY time assuming you can get to 520-530 haste minimum. Even then, SP is often better. As for gem slots:

red: sp
    yellow: sp/haste
    blue: sp/stam

This is if you MUST match colors (2 blues for meta activation) and then if the bonus is sp from yellow/red combination... generally go for the bonus. If there's a blue and you already have 2 for your activation, ignore it. Basically,

10 sp = 13 or so dps
    10 haste = 11 or so dps
    10 crit = 5 or so dps

Hi all and thanks for the replies...

I've retalented, gegemmed to SP and equipped another relic.

I'm now at 6,2k dps on the target dummies with selfbuffs only.... i guess thats good enough

The new T9 totem is the best totem, no matter what your haste value.

Also, seriously get rid of that crap fetish trinket.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|