Page 1 of 2
LastLast

druid tank- trinket 50 triumph emblems

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47735#comments

ok I am soon reaching 50 emblems. Should I aim for this trinket or the 45 emblem shoulders?
    Is it even worth it? I have black heart http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216 and valor medal http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683

do you guys find this trinket useful at all?

PS.
    I am only able to do 10 man content. and VoA pugs.

Re: druid tank- trinket 50 triumph emblems

I'd probably take the EoT trinket over the Valor Medal. Avoidance only does so much - you'll eventually get an unlucky streak of unavoided hits and the lower your effective health the less buffer your healers have to heal you in. The on-use effect is also quite a lot better.

As for whether to get the shoulders or trinket first it's kinda hard to say - you haven't mentioned what shoulders you're currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

It's important to have a large health pool, just as it's important to have a good amount of avoidance. A tank getting hit on every swing is easy to kill, just as a tank with 20k HP and a very high amount of dodge.

Still, the Valor Medal is very outdated for current content. I'd replace the Valor Medal with the EoT trinket unless you can get the trinket from ToC 25 man or Heart of Iron from 25 man Ignis. As the above poster said, what shoulders are you using?

15+ Year Old Account

according to rawr with my current equip the mentioned trinket is BiS for me.
    I have 43k health, 45% avoidance and ~31k armor with this. raidbuffed, w/o procs.

but according to you current shoulders, I'd go with them first. for me it was a upgrade from T7.5 to t9.25, (iLvl 213->245). which was a pretty huge jump.

Let's get straight to the point, i'm an agimonger.
    I stack agi cause i like dodging.
    So my trinketcombo is: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44253 + http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216.

Sofar that worked PERFECT.

But tanking is more a way of "what do you prefer"
    Me: Agi.
    Others: Stam.

But armor, that lost it's... "thing" a while ago, especially since it's not a big fat 4% dmgreduction like black heart.

So imo: Greatness+black heart.

Hope i helped
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

go for the ToC trinket insted of the valor medal, if u dont got some realy bad shoulders

83priest, 81mage, 81death knight, 70paladin, 68 shaman, 55warrior, 43rouge, 39warlock

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    according to rawr with my current equip the mentioned trinket is BiS for me.
    Rawr tends to value armor very, very highly on off-set pieces.  I'm a bit skeptical with some of its assessments.

That said, the armor trinket is nice for physical fights, but less nice than a stam trinket for magical fights.

15+ Year Old Account

Actually that trinket is good. Very good.

As much as I try to math stuff out, I can't let it slip by: it's the second best trinket for a druid. Sad truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Yeah I got it the other night, haven't had a chance to try it in 10 Man Heroic. I know the Black Heart procs constantly though.

15+ Year Old Account

i dont wana ruibn ya fun but any tanknig trinket that doesnt got stamina gives u a big disadvantage over other tanks
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Every single tank I see that tanks at the edge of progression is a stam stacker. Paladin, Warrior, DK, Druid. Almost every gem is stam, almost every possible enchant is stam. These tanks must be doing something right if they are successfully downing bosses and are the MTs. One of them told me that once there is a certain amount of avoidance you get to with T8.5+ gear, its much more effective to stack nothing but stamina for effective health over more avoidance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn
    Every single tank I see that tanks at the edge of progression is a stam stacker. Paladin, Warrior, DK, Druid. Almost every gem is stam, almost every possible enchant is stam. These tanks must be doing something right if they are successfully downing bosses and are the MTs. One of them told me that once there is a certain amount of avoidance you get to with T8.5+ gear, its much more effective to stack nothing but stamina for effective health over more avoidance.
    its a fine line. there is a such thing as too much health, but theres no such thing as too much avoidance, but avoidance is RNG so it has its draw backs sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn
    When you're unaware of a big 50k hit coming your way and it comes out of nowhere, 60k hp is nice to have. for the rest of us with guides and strategies we can just use a save. Stam stacking is great for progression fights, everyone else should do their best to minimize the amount of damage they take, rather than maximizing the amount they have to be healed.

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    its a fine line. there is a such thing as too much health, but theres no such thing as too much avoidance, but avoidance is RNG so it has its draw backs sometimes.
    no mana problems = stack stam ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    Hmm, isint it the other way around? Hp is always good to have, but dodge, as far as i know, got DM... correct me if im wrong

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peanutjellysandwich
    Hmm, isint it the other way around? Hp is always good to have, but dodge, as far as i know, got DM... correct me if im wrong
    He means: if you never go under 20k hp in a fight, you have too much stamina. You could drop 10k, 15k health and still never die.
    That's the matter-of-fact threshold on your HP. Avoidance is never "too much" on that regard, since you cannot go over 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peanutjellysandwich
    If you have 80k hp, you have too much hp.  If you never drop below 15k, hp, you have too much hp.  There is a such thing as "too much" hp, which will depend on your particular setup and content.  You do, however, need to have "enough" hp.

There's no such thing as too much dodge.  Yes, dodge is affected by DR.... but that doesn't mean it ever becomes useless.  You'll get slightly less as you get more dodge, but each point still has an effect, and there's never too much.  Is dodging 100% too much?  I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will say yes.

Edit: ooh, Arel beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Is dodging 100% too much? I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will say yes.
    i like rage personally, but i could go for a 95% dodge rate

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    i like rage personally, but i could go for a 95% dodge rate
    I just figure at that point you'll have enough agility for lots of crits. Either that, or you can always sit down whenever you need rage... at that point you'll be soloing raid bosses anyway.

The trinket is good and worth getting since you only have access to 10 mans. However, you should probably get Cluth of Fortification first as it only costs 35 emblems.