Deleted

Will we see iLevel 284 loot in ICC?

Think about it.

Tier 1, Naxx-Sarth-EoE - 2 difficulties - 200-226.

Tier 2, Ulduar - 4 difficulties (if you include 10/25m hardmodes) - 219-239

Tier 3, ToC + ToGC - 4 difficulties - iLevel 232 - 272 (Yes, there is iLevel 272 loot from the tribute chest on 25man)

Tier 4, (speculation), Icecrown - 4 difficulties (they have said that there will be hardmodes, if that means heroic modes or ulduar-hard modes that remains to be seen) - iLevel 248 - 284?

But will we see iLevel 284? It seems like a huge scale to go through 84 iLevels though one expansion, but yet it seems like that is gonna be the progression...

They better not make this puggable...

Re: Will we see iLevel 284 loot in ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by shamandips
    If you can PuG Icecrown I will be sad. I was really disappointed with how easy they made normal 10/25 Coliseum.
    I felt the very same way until I started work on 10m Anub or 25m beasts (hard modes respectively). Anub is the only real hard boss in 10m HM but even northrend beasts is a real gear, coordination, and skill check.

If the hm's in ToC are any indication I believe we are in for a real treat when working on the highest tier of raiding (ICC HM's).
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I was under the impression Blizzard wants normal modes to be puggable.

So expect them to be. If you fancy yourself a hardcore super manly raider, you want heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    But will we see iLevel 284? It seems like a huge scale to go through 84 iLevels though one expansion, but yet it seems like that is gonna be the progression...

I bet Arthas will drop higher stuff then 284 on heroic.

And Blizzard continue to follow in the same direction they have been since the start of WotLK, it should be puggable to a point on normal.

When talking about pugging most people forget that the only thing that was holding back PuGs in vanilla was that they had to get 40 people. =)

As for TBC, I know my server pugged MH pre-3.0

However rarely any Ulduar25 hard modes can be pugged. I don't see any PuG getting past northrend beasts 25 heroic ever.

I believe icecrown heroic / hard modes will not be puggable.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by t_P
    When talking about pugging most people forget that the only thing that was holding back PuGs in vanilla was that they had to get 40 people. =)
    The difference between pugs and actual raids is you get scrubs joining pugs. It's hard to get a group of good players who can accomplish something because good players are generally raiding with their guilds thus they can't pug.

I'm sure you'll see even higher item levels than 284.

I bet the lower end of the item level from ICC will be more like 260. They've made a point of inflating the stats at each instance, they've even acknowledged that they've inflated them too much, while they might cool it down in cataclysm they can't in ICC without making it seem an anti-climax.

Gear levels will be insane, yes. I think 10 man stuff will be somewhere around 264, hard10 and normal 25 272, and hard 25 somwhere around 280.

As far as ICC being puggable? I don't think so. I'm honestly not sure wtf is up with the normal mode difficulty levels in ToC but they are a huge step down from normal Ulduar modes. Your average server still can't get a pug to reach Yogg, yet ToC will be pug-farmable soon enough if not already on normal mode for the average server.

I think most of ICC will be a challenge. I'm fairly pleased with Ulduar difficulties and I think they can step up the difficulty for ICC a notch or five. Unless they do some serious ToGC encounter nerfs, only people who have earned the 258 gear will have any going into ICC.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Think about it.

Tier 3, ToC + ToGC - 4 difficulties - iLevel 232 - 272 (Yes, there is iLevel 272 loot from the tribute chest on 25man)

Tier 4, (speculation), Icecrown - 4 difficulties (they have said that there will be hardmodes, if that means heroic modes or ulduar-hard modes that remains to be seen) - iLevel 248 - 284?

Good question. My thoughts:

I think the ilvlv in ICC will be higher than 284 - possibly even over ilvl 300 for the hard mode kills. We are going through major ilvl advances in this xpac but that's not necessarily a bad thing. (on a side note, it will be interesting to see how the "no spell power, no attack power, etc." plays out in Cata)

I do not think ICC hards will be puggable, but I do hope normal mode will be - for the simple fact that while I'm in a guild that sees end game 25 man hard mode content, many other people are not.

I think end bosses should drop slightly higher level loot. Yogg's loot being same ilevel as flame leviathan's = yawn, although I'll admit Yogg loot tends to be more desirable on average. That in mind, I'm fairly certain Arthas 25 (hard or w/e) will drop extremely high level loot. I agree that KT25 loot was too good (but never complained about it being equipped to my character) from a pvp standpoint, and also from the disappointment of farming a whole instance for a drop off the last boss. But I also think end bosses should be more special loot-wise than Yogg-Saron, or even Algalon the Observer (since his loot table is partially shared with other hard modes).

I think Blizz went in the right direction with the tribute chest dropping ilevel 272 cloaks. Cloaks aren't game-breaking the way weapons are, but it's still an "end boss" type item that's higher level.

15+ Year Old Account

man the stat jump in this expansion is insane.. We went from well geared tanks having 20k unbuffed(BC) and now we're gonna see like 50k unbuffed o_O

15+ Year Old Account

My guess would be that loot ilvls are going to be quite high. As far as pugging stuff goes, I still don't know of any PuGs on my server that can kill 25 man yogg. They can pug most of Ulduar 25, possibly pug a yogg 10 man kill with players geared in 25 gear from CC or HM Uld. Heroic ToC 10(ofc 25 too) arent really puggable atm. I would suspect 10man Arthas to be puggable at some point, hardmodes wont be, and there maybe, maybe, might be a pug that could kill Arthas 25 regular.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Doesn't matter to me as long as there aren't three tiers of gear AGAIN. Running the same instance four times a week is fun guys. Really, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper
    Doesn't matter to me as long as there aren't three tiers of gear AGAIN. Running the same instance four times a week is fun guys. Really, it is.
    that came across as a weird mix of sarcasm and casualness

They'll probably go to around 280ish, then when Cata comes leveling up quest greens will have ilevels of around:
    80 - 270
    81 - 275
    82 - 280
    83 - 285
    84 - 290
    85 - 295 first few quests and normal mode dungeons.
    Heroics will start at a fresh 300.
    Hopefully they won't make such big changes in iLevel from then on though, like first raids go to 305, not immediately 316.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    They'll probably go to around 280ish, then when Cata comes leveling up quest greens will have ilevels of around:
    80 - 270
    81 - 275
    82 - 280
    83 - 285
    84 - 290
    85 - 295 first few quests and normal mode dungeons.
    Heroics will start at a fresh 300.
    Hopefully they won't make such big changes in iLevel from then on though, like first raids go to 305, not immediately 316.
    They have to scale the ilvl higher and higher as we go along or the new gear won't mean much at all. If the numbers you put up re greens in Cata are correct (and I think they are low - I think ICC will hit 300+ with hard mode end guy drops) and Cata Heroics drop 300 then ilvl 305 just won't mean that much to you. It would have to be ilvl 320ish to really make it a raid drop rather than a heroic drop.

Think about it.

I hear your mom drops iLevel 284, but only if you hit the g-spot to induce hardmode.

They will probably stop under 300 in WoTLK and start again at 300 in Cataclysm. To make the rise in ilvl matter they can just change the rules for itembudget you know...

I just wanna be stupdi and say it's not tier, 1-2-3-4, but 7-8-9 maybe 10
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon