Question about ArP, Hit Rating, Expertise and Strenght...

Well I'm a dual wield 0/53/18 spec DPS.

I've been saving up some money for enchants and gems and before I head to enchanters and jewelcrafters in the land of Azeroth I was wondering if somebody would take a quick glance at my armory and give me a few pointers as to where I can improve my DK. I don't think I am qualified enough so I thought I'd ask somebody that was.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ar&n=Thekratos

Anything that would be a pointer to how much I should improve each stat and what to put emphasis on with gems and enchanting would be very helpful. Thank you.

Re: Question about ArP, Hit Rating, Expertise and Strenght...

ummm what is your intention PvP or PvE? By your gear I'm gonna go out on a limb and say PvP? Basically for PvP you get yourself up to 600 resilience than you gem spell pen so that you don't ever get resists on your interupts I think the spell pen number is 120 but not sure I'm a PvE carebear. After that gem for pure str and attack power in enchants and what not.

PvP hit cap is 5%

If your intention is PvE than the general rule of thumb is to just stack the 20 str gems except the 2 blue gems you need for your meta. Put that in gear like your legs and take the str bonus. Enchant your cloak with haste and the rest with attack power expect your boots and glooves which you can switch for the hit rating if you need it to reach the 8% hit cap.

Thank you very much this saves me a ton of trial and error in the future.

For duel wield Expertise is most important, it even out values strength. But because you're unable to rely on Expertise unless it's capped it's easier to just gem STR and get it naturally. I personally have 2 20 expertise rating gems, the rest is strength except for the 2 blues.

Also EJ actually recommends getting the 21 agil gem 1 +10 all stats gem and the rest 20 str. But it's a minor DPS increase at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor
    For duel wield Expertise is most important, it even out values strength. But because you're unable to rely on Expertise unless it's capped it's easier to just gem STR and get it naturally. I personally have 2 20 expertise rating gems, the rest is strength except for the 2 blues.

Also EJ actually recommends getting the 21 agil gem 1 +10 all stats gem and the rest 20 str. But it's a minor DPS increase at best.
    When it comes to min/maxing, every tiny bit of DPS increase matters.

And as for stat weights, in general the rule goes: SpecialHitCap (8%) > Expertise soft cap (26) > Str > ArP > SpellHitCap/Crit/Haste/Agi. To get exact values you'd have to run EP calculation based on your own character what buffs it gains in a raid enviroment.
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

10+ Year Old Account

Holy hit rating batman!
    601!!

Quote Originally Posted by unholyhealer
    Holy hit rating batman!
    601!!
    Thats what i was about to say, im DW Frost and I only have 501 hit, i was in awe of his massive 601 hit rating lol. And please please please enchant your weapon with Rune of the Fallen Crusader.