Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Northrend Beasts Heroic 25 - Hardest Encounter Ever?

Yep it is the hardest encounter ever. That's why most top 100 guilds killed it in 1-5 pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    gg people all the op said was that beasts seem to be the hardest encounter in the instance and isnt it a bit odd to have the hardest first.

and tbh i know of no one that would disagree.
    His thread title says "hardest encounter ever?" rather than "hardest TOC encounter?".

And it's clearly not even the hardest even in TOC because far more guilds killed Beasts 1st week than have killed twins even now (and anub is harder than both since only 4 guilds have killed him).

Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    Clearly selfowned.

On an infinitely more interesting topic I just noticed after 20+ years of homo love for Vader that he is totally blinged out. The Phat Platinum chain!!

The Champions are harder imo, the Pally/War holding hands tag teaming any unsuspecting squishy is so wrong......so so wrong!

15+ Year Old Account

its hard if people suck.

i know this tank.... who likes to do absolutely nothing when its not his turn to tank.....

brb snobolds killing healers.

It's not hard, it's just a gear check.
    If you spent a couple hours wiping on it in 10m I'd bet that's your problem :-\
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1387024.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spaace
    its hard if people suck.

i know this tank.... who likes to do absolutely nothing when its not his turn to tank.....

brb snobolds killing healers.
    It is one of the hardest encounters in TotGC. It's because you are a healer that you do not appreciate just how tight it is on dps to down gormok (without lust/heroism) and coordination when it comes to fires getting to poisoned people. Also Icehowl without a lust/heroism is damn near impossible. It takes a lot of fine tuning that someone who spams one or two buttons to heal can't appreciate.

What our guild does is save BL for the second phase, so right when Acidmaw emerges again from burrowing then we pop it and burn both worms down. After that, hope all your DPS are alive for P3 and nobody gets hit by Icehowl's Furious Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Booink
    Northrend Beasts Heroic 25 - Hardest Encounter Ever?

hahahaha lol how fucking bad are you / your guild? srsly

northrend beasts heroic are easy.

if you consider this hard then have fun with yogg+0, algalon, anub hardmode

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TokugawaShogun
    my guild one shots them on every difficulty no problem lawl
    Evidence would suggest otherwise

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/twisting-nether

Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    Clearly selfowned.

Quote Originally Posted by TokugawaShogun
    my guild one shots them on every difficulty no problem lawl
    According to the armory, it doesn't look like your guild has seen much of ToC normal, bud
    Yea it's me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Beasts are not that hard. Depending on who we have the in the raid we don't even need to use heroism on the worms much of the time. It's just a matter of:

1) Spread out, target swap, don't stand in fire - clearly a new and dynamic mix of boss mechanics.
    2) Spread out. That's it, really.
    3) Spread out, and learn how to cross the street - look to your left, look to your right, find the guy with the DBM marked skull over their head, and don't move directly into them.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Last week we wiped a bit on beasts, the newly buffed jaraxxus and only once or twice on champions so we had 42 attempts left on twins... This week we one shot beasts but people started facerolling on jaraxxus and champions so now we have 40 left for twins.
    You may now kiss the ring.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Booink
    Except for "Alone in the Darkness", Heroic Northrend Beasts 25 seems to be the hardest encounter in the game (post WoTLK ofc, Sunwell had a few brick walls too).

What do you think? Did Blizzard make a mistake by placing an insane brick wall right at the start of the instance, or was this just survivor bias (ex.: stats from Algalon is from the top guilds only)?

From my personal experience, I'd say Northrend Beasts on 10H is hard, but still doable - we passed it after wiping for a few hours. The rest of the bosses were too easy tho; wiped only twice on the way to Anub'arak, and even him feels easier and definitely less annoying than the first encounter in that instance. We didn't try Heroic 25 yet, didn't had the right setup all week, and to be honest, I doubt our ability to pull off dodging Icehowl in P3, even on 10 man it was the reason for half our wipes.

(slightly off topic: we've revamped all the zones pages and added stats for all the zones and different modes in Ulduar, feel free to take a look and draw your own conclusions.)
    No, there is pretty much no doubt that Muru pre-nerf was THE toughest boss in game to date.

Heroic Beasts is a gear check, for the most part. Need to kill the the bosses prior to the next wave, beat a relatively tight enrage timer, and keep your tanks up through some pretty heavy damage.

If you get them down, Jaraxxus is more or less reward loot, before you have to beat your face against the wall on how to handle your Faction group (CC duty FTL), then have fun on the twins.

Long story short, they are all in their own way. If you think that The beasts are too hard, get more gear. If you think the Faction champs are too hard, you need more coordination. If you think Anub and the Twins are hard, you're right. And if you think Jaraxxus is too hard, you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladias
    Heroic Beasts is a gear check, for the most part. Need to kill the the bosses prior to the next wave, beat a relatively tight enrage timer, and keep your tanks up through some pretty heavy damage.

If you get them down, Jaraxxus is more or less reward loot, before you have to beat your face against the wall on how to handle your Faction group (CC duty FTL), then have fun on the twins.

Long story short, they are all in their own way. If you think that The beasts are too hard, get more gear. If you think the Faction champs are too hard, you need more coordination. If you think Anub and the Twins are hard, you're right. And if you think Jaraxxus is too hard, you fail.
    It's this. Beasts isn't easy until you have the gear. Last week we wiped repeatedly on 10%, this week he went down right on the enrage on the 3rd attempt (after an unlucky tank death and lag on the charge) suddenly, what was a massive brick wall is probably farm status as our tanks and DPS get better gear.

Jaraxxus we got to 30% on the first try. No kidding, he's not at all hard but we ran out of time. Still got 40+ attempts to kill him. Both Beasts and Jaraxxus favor ranged-heavy DPS, but can be done fairly melee heavy if you have the healers. If we can get him and the faction champs down, that'll be cool, I can't see Anub going down any time soon having watched some of the kills so far, the amount of class stacking required is beyond what we can manage, we simply don't have that many palas most nights. Still, hope they keep it like that so we have something to do until icecrown.