Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

New pet abilities in Cata?

If they come what would they be? Or what do you hope to see ?

Here my idea list, each pet has a new pasive & new activated skill

[The Imp]

Blazing Flames (new pasive skill)
    When your Imp crits with Firebolt it has a 50% chance that next Emberstrike will deal triple damage.

Emberstrike (new skill)
    Emberstrike instantly strikes the target with fire, causing X Fire damage. (15 sec cooldown)

[The Voidwalker]

Void Shift (new pasive skill)
    When your Voidwalker is standing on a Void Zone and it deals a damage it will summon a Void Sentry*.

* Void Sentries attack all enemies within 15yards at random and generate threat for the Voidwalker.
    A Void Sentry can not move outside a Void Zone.
    A Void Senrty can only be attacked by an enemy if the enemy is in the Void Zone.
    When the Void Zone despawns all the Void Sentries despawn aswell.

Void Zone (new skill)
    Summon a Void Zone that deals shadow damage to enemies that stand within it. Lasts 25sec (25sec cooldown)

[The Succubus]

Pain Spike (new pasive skill)
    When your Succubus deals a critical strike it will afflict the target with a debuff called Pain Spike. (Lasts 2sec)
    All damage done by you and the succubus to the target is absorbed by Pain Spike, when [i]Pain Spike[/i ends it will deal damage equal to 150% of all the damage absorbed.

[b]Mark of Darknes]
    Afflicts a target with pure darkness, dealing X Shadow damage per second. In addition, any time the target is healed, X Shadow damage is dealt to nearby friends of that target. Lasts 10 sec. Cooldown 60sec

Removed: Kiss of Death (new skill)
    Blow a kiss at an enemy that will instantly kill the target. Only usable on non-boss enemies that have 5% or less health (60 sec cooldown)
    When an enemy is killed by Kiss of Deathyou will gain a soul shard.
    [The Fel Hunter]

Resistant Skin (new pasive skill)
    When the Fel Hunter is hit by a magical attack it will gain a Resistant Skin buff. (stacks up to 3 times)

Stack:1 Next time the Fel Hunter is hit by magical damage, damage is reduced by 25% and 33% of the damage is reflected to the caster.
    Stack:2 Next time the Fel Hunter is hit by magical damage, damage is reduced by 50% and 33% of the damage is reflected to the caster.
    Stack:3 Next time the Fel Hunter is hit by magical damage, damage is reduced by 75% and 33% of the damage is reflected to the caster.

Absorb magic (new skill)
    When activated the next damage spell directed to a partymember within 10 yards of the Fel Hunter is redirected to the fel hunter instead.(Lasts 15sec) (45 sec cooldown)

[The Fel Guard]

[Burning Fury] (new pasive skill)
    When your Fel Guard deals a critical strike has 10% chance to unleashes a Burning Fury causing X Fire damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 1 sec.

[Flame Wrath] (new skill)
    Envelops the Fel Guard with a spell immunity shield for 3 sec and shoots a ring of fire dealing x damage to all enemies within 8 yards (45 sec cooldown)

What do you think? =)

Re: New pet abilities in Cata?

I think you made the puppy just a tad op... lol
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Grizzengoo

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah puppy needs love & cookies :P

Edited it now btw, prolly still way to op ^^

edit:

Everything needs love & cookies

Anyway everything can be scaled with % and numbers

You got any wishes to improve the current pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzengoo
    I think you made everything just a tad op... lol
    Fixed.

TOO OP!
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Pain spike in arena...would not be fair. Just line up a nuke and cast that when its about to go off, and 5 seconds later your target is oneshotted.

Basically almost everything here is pretty overpowered, the Imp and the Voidwalker seem decent though.

The succubus ability (as stated above) would be wildly overpowered with the ability to oneshot people, and Absorb Magic is arguably better spell mitigation than Spell Reflect (without the Reflect).

The cooldowns would need to be lengthened significantly across the board.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891
    [The Fel Guard]

When your Fel Guard deals a critical strike it unleashes a Burning Fury causing X Fire damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 1 sec.
    Given my feltard's current crit rate, that's be insanely OP...

15+ Year Old Account

Blazing Flames (new pasive skill)
    Icelance frozen effect trigger

Emberstrike (new skill)
    Icelance for Pets

[The Voidwalker]

Void Zone (new skill)
    OP Flamestrike

[The Succubus]

Pain Spike (new pasive skill)
    Old Reckoning Bomb

Kiss of Death (new skill)
    I don't even know what to say to this one.

[The Fel Hunter]

Resistant Skin (new pasive skill)
    Stacking Nether Protection + Spell Reflect

Absorb magic (new skill)
    Ranged based Intervene

[The Fel Guard]

Shockwave

[Flame Wrath] (new skill)
    Living Bomb + Divine Shield

I liked Void Shift tho.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    Given my feltard's current crit rate, that's be insanely OP...
    Chance on crit would solve it? 10% ? anyway these are just fast idea's i came up with.

way to op and mindless too, kinda like fire and forget, id prefer more micromanaging

only one i really like is voidzone, but it should do damage to everyone but the VW. make it have like 5 ranks, throw down rank 1 having it cause minimal damage and voila break CCs like sheep, seduce sap etc with it that would be quite nice

15+ Year Old Account

I want to see something like this:

Imp: Fel Synchronization - Whenever you cast a direct damage spell, your imp instantly casts a Firebolt. Cannot be active while Firebolt is active.
    Felhunter: Mana Funnel - Channelled - Latent energies in the air surrounding the friendly target are continuously consumed, reducing all magic damage by XX% for the duration and consuming one magic effect every 2 seconds. Effects consumed in this way heal the Felhunter for <XYZ>.
    Succubus: I'd Tap That - While active, the lifetap health cost is split with your Succubus. Health lost in this manner causes the succubus to gain a XX% physical reduction effect that stacks up to 3 times and lasts YY seconds.
    Voidwalker: Tunnel Vision - The target is afflicted with Tunnel Vision, rendering all other characters (friendly, enemy, npc, or otherwise) in the area invisible to the target. Characters made invisible in this way still function normally but cannot be targeted, damaged, or affected by the target.
    Felguard: Better You than Me - Swap places with your demon. All unfriendly spells/players/npcs targeting you now target your pet instead. All friendly spells/players/npcs continue to target you.

R.I.P. YARG

I feel like we should get customizable demon skins. (There are yellow Felguards with Swords!)

We should get a demonic flying mount.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I want to see something like this:

Imp: &#160;Fel Synchronization - Whenever you cast a direct damage spell, your imp instantly casts a Firebolt. &#160;Cannot be active while Firebolt is active.
    hmmm sounds cool but it would have to be balanced out some how; thats a lot of firebolts.

Felhunter: Mana Funnel - Channelled - Latent energies in the air surrounding the friendly target are continuously consumed, reducing all magic damage by XX% for the duration and consuming one magic effect every 2 seconds. Effects consumed in this way heal the Felhunter for <XYZ>.
    I like; maybe a bit op in arena

Succubus: &#160;I'd Tap That - While active, the lifetap health cost is split with your Succubus. &#160;Health lost in this manner causes the succubus to gain a XX% physical reduction effect that stacks up to 3 times and lasts YY seconds.
    love this one- give warlocks a real reason to use the succy :P

Voidwalker: &#160;Tunnel Vision - The target is afflicted with Tunnel Vision, rendering all other characters (friendly, enemy, npc, or otherwise) in the area invisible to the target. &#160;Characters made invisible in this way still function normally but cannot be targeted, damaged, or affected by the target.
    incredibly op unless it had a short duration (3 seconds max) and a long CD

Felguard: &#160;Better You than Me - Swap places with your demon. &#160;All unfriendly spells/players/npcs targeting you now target your pet instead. &#160;All friendly spells/players/npcs continue to target you.
    Sounds awesome but comboed with demonic portal thing; would make warlocks too mobile in arena getting off way too many casts blowing up everything. The only way to handle a lock atm is to train them and if you dont they just kill everything and everyone. But very cool concepts

as for OP there.... just no man; Lets just give them summon Ilidan, it would serve the same purpose of making locks the most imba class in wow

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl
    incredibly op unless it had a short duration (3 seconds max) and a long CD

Sounds awesome but comboed with demonic portal thing; would make warlocks too mobile in arena getting off way too many casts blowing up everything.
    Short duration akin to Cyclone, long cooldown (5 minutes). Basically a "HOLY SHIT" button for when someone opens up on you at the start of an arena match, and isn't a self banish.

Good catch on the portal thing. I retract my Felguard ability and substitute:

Felguard: Conduit of Devastation - All spells you successfully cast are instantly cast by the Felguard at it's current target, doing 75% less damage. Lasts 10 seconds, 3 minute cooldown.

(IE: You shoot someone in the face, your Felguard shoots the exact same spell at its target, boom 125% damage across 2 targets)

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Gherkin i really like the idea of some what channeling the spell through the pet. =)

Sounds more like something for your imp though if it wasn't horribly overpowered when both are shooting at the same target

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

I liked Void Shift tho.
    Yet I see no reason to make Void zone and Void Shift two sepert spell.

Kiss of Death (new skill)
    Blow a kiss at an enemy that will instantly kill
    Stopped reading there.
    To make a short answer even shorter, no.

Oh and where's Doomguard?
    His abilities:
    Stomp of Death - Instantly kills all enemies within 15 yards. Not usable on bosses.
    Tail Swipe of Player Kill - Kills all players behind the Doom Guard instantly.

And Infernal:
    Fire of Death - Instantly kills all enemies within 30 yards every 1 seconds because there's fire around the infernal. Also effects bosses. No effect on Saurfang, Chuck Norris, or Hogger.
    Summon Saurfang - Instantly kills all creatures and players in WoW. Also kills any other Saurfangs, but creates a new Saurfang next to the Infernal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Yet I see no reason to make Void zone and Void Shift two sepert spell.
    i thought i would be to messy to put it all in one spell discription.

@ Chronicle, you should have read on... most of the time 5% of a mob is a single player ability/spell/skill.
    It would be a bit to strong in raids i agree i could be just a fun skill and only work on non-boss mobs of the same level or lower.