Elemental what if..

Stick with me here...

How much worse would our dps be if we just spam Lbolt instead of use an actual rotation? From my testing average dps is very similar. Being that Lbolt scales well with crit compared to Lburst what would happen if we stacked crit to 80% and just spam Lbolt? Is there any item configuration that would make this work better than an actual rotation? Just curious, and my testing indicates that it was ~200dps less on the dummy self buffed stacking sp and haste.

This would be a good piece of information to hand to bliz in order to bring attention to the ele pve scaling issue if the dps was similar. LOL.

Edit: IE we can be a 1 button class at the expense of a few hundred dps.

Re: Elemental what if..

well then you really miss out on chain lightning overload procs aswell, and why stack 80% crit then only have like 1k spell power? i dont think the damage would match up

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    well then you really miss out on chain lightning overload procs aswell, and why stack 80% crit then only have like 1k spell power? i dont think the damage would match up
    CL was already dropped from the rotation since Ulduar due to scaling(unless your haste was perfect, it wasn't viable to weave in CL on single target bosses.

tested it some time ago after i got my 4T8.
    dmg was 200-400dps lower. i used that 1 or 2 nights when i was drunk and ran naxx for badges ;>

stacking crit wouldnt be good.
    sp > crit even if you spam LB. (think TBC)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Lava Burst is too good not to use.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    Lava Burst is too good not to use.
    I was hoping for constructive posts^

really 200-400 dps is not a lot of dps loss for spamming 1 button..... and that is what I am interested in .... not your opinion, I want theory! several hundred dps for eliminating one of our main attacks is game breaking IMO. what it means is very little difference between a shaman doing their rotation right and one doing it wrong, which means changing scaling could possibly break the class. it means we need more buttons in the rotation to give good shaman something to do to increase their dps over a shaman that doesn't know what they are doing. there are other things I know, but I'm asking the shaman forums to think outside the box with me on this one.

Are you including the loss from FS? Movement? 4p t9?
    If you're havin' damage problems I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a crit aint one.

Hit me.

Deleted

don't expect any buff to LB, it's already giving big numbers in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    don't expect any buff to LAVA BURST, it's already giving big numbers in PvP
    Fixt. We have two "LB" spells, but thanks.
    If you're havin' damage problems I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a crit aint one.

Hit me.

the whole point in being a caster is seeing that "big crit"
    why wouldnt u throw the LvB in there ;D
    Banned.