Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: Boomkins taking cloth...

Quote Originally Posted by Korvan
    If I was blizzard, I would just remove all leather spellpower from game, making the ability to wear leather at all a "very" deep feral talent, and to compensate increase number of cloth drops.

This concept could be extened to cover elem/resto shammies and holyadins.
    Actually, what I would honestly do is drop all casters to cloth. Then add plate to the protection paladin mastery and leather to the feral druid mastery. Drop hunters and shamans to leather while you are at it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Last week, ToC10.
    I´m on my main, a moonkin with 2721sp, basically boosting a guildie with his alt.
    Sunreaver's magus sandals drop, nice, inally can get hit enough to kick those damn shitty t8,5 gloves. We roll, i win (a perfect 100)...and the sandals are still not coming. Because, you know, they are cloth. So i say "idc, i won the roll" and a lock starts bitching about me stealing his drop.
    The world is full of handicapped people who doesn't seem to understand some basics such us "im not gonna gimp myself because blizzard designs crap leather gear". And the OP is one of them. In the name of all moonkinhood, pls just let your betters do the haerd lewt stuff.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChunk
    Being "better" is just a matter of opinion. I've got a regen set as well as the set I've got currently equipped. No need to gimp myself unnecessarily if I'm not having mana issues.

But ontopic. I'll go ahead and kill myself. I chose to equip, and endorse equipping, items with +spirit and mp5 or 1 non-spirit dps stat instead of no-spirit items. Woe is me, I'm such a failure.
    Seriously, if you aren't having mana issues in current content then you aren't healing enough. Its just that freaking simple. The only people that really championed never having mana issues are the ones that let other people do the healing for them.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Seriously, if you aren't having mana issues in current content then you aren't healing enough. Its just that freaking simple. The only people that really championed never having mana issues are the ones that let other people do the healing for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChunk
    @Gaymer.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ee&n=Siafublue
    I quit playing about a month ago due to personal reasons.
    How about you check the context before you try to make me look stupid.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I agree. During most hardmodes as a resto druid, I wear the Spark of Hope trinket, self-innervate as often as possible, and still suck down mana pots most fights. Fully raid-buffed I can still oom myself in about 4 minutes if I spam Nourish and Regrowth. The only thing that lets me survive longer is the low cost of Rejuv and various pauses or down-times in the fights.

People who think that druids (or any healer) has infinite mana just aren't clicking buttons very fast, and are putting ~200 ms delays between their heals, or even longer if they have poor latency to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogemaniac
    I agree. During most hardmodes as a resto druid, I wear the Spark of Hope trinket, self-innervate as often as possible, and still suck down mana pots most fights. Fully raid-buffed I can still oom myself in about 4 minutes if I spam Nourish and Regrowth. The only thing that lets me survive longer is the low cost of Rejuv and various pauses or down-times in the fights.

People who think that druids (or any healer) has infinite mana just aren't clicking buttons very fast, and are putting ~200 ms delays between their heals, or even longer if they have poor latency to begin with.
    Yes, young padawans. Moar. MOAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelarana
    Unfortunately, you seem to have proved the opposite of what you wanted to, and don't seem to realize it.

Number of clothie caster specs: 9
    Number of leather caster specs: 2

So, if there was plenty of cloth to go around, there should be more then 4.5 cloth items per every leather caster item, but the ratio you listed puts it barely above 2. Clearly there is a shortage of cloth caster gear compared to leather caster gear. To put this further into perspective, from your count there is 22 non cloth caster items, and 17 cloth caster items, however there are 9 specs that can only use cloth, but only 5 specs that would potentially use those other 22. Less non cloth caster specs, but more non cloth caster gear, and you want to claim theres enough cloth to go around?
    There are also a maximum of 25 specs you can take to a raid, not all 30.. so your point is just as invalid as his.
    Also, it would be very rare that drop %age correlates to raid composition.

No, that does not invalidate my point at all. Fill out a raid composition randomly and it will be close to a 9:2 ratio. Obtaining a ratio below 2:1 which they need for their point to be valid would be an extremely uneven raid composition, and is very unlikely to happen. Assuming there is a balance between mages, warlocks, and priests, it would essentially mean there is 0.66666 priest/mage/warlock for every tree/boomkin. The raid composition inbalance in there only being 2/3 of an entire class for each of 2/3 the specs of another class should be apparent. In the offchance that it does happen, I guess leather is in that case the piece in short supply, but the likelihood of this happening when the raid leader actually thinks about the raid composition is near 0.

MMMMMMMMMIIIIIIILLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Druids taking cloth?

That's fine, after clothies do.

Don't really know what's being discussed but that's the easiest and simplest explanation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kileak
    Hasn't this discussion started back when Turning Tide was going in holy paladins' bags?
    Ahhhh you bring up bad memories when I was a Mage main. Saw 2 of these go to Holy Pally
    "Peace is a lie"

But what if u make this comparison....

Clothwearers are allergic to Certain food ( which in this case is really bad, like fish, or fries, thats bad for you... let's say fish and chips.)

Fish and chips aint good for anyone at all, like spellcaster leather gear are right now.

Moonkins are normal kids, that can transform into a Arcane chicken that aint allergic to anything...

Moonkins and Clothwearers got the same mom, and todays shes making let's say Tacos (Cloth) Vegetables, good fats (avocados etc etc) and tastes Very good)
    and Fish and chips ( no vegetables lot's of majo etc etc, not good for ya)......

Just because Clothweavers were born with this allergy why would Moonkins have to suffer and only eat fish and chip, u can see they are already fat enough, we can't run as good and does lesser damage in the schoolyard fights.... but if we could eat Tacos, which the damn Clothies are Munching on all the day teasing us calling us fat, we ( We = Moonkins) would Win those fight in the schoolyard

and since one of the big rules in the world is " every humans has the same value, or everyhuman life" why should moonkins have to eat that bad Fish and chips... it Makes us FAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

It doesn't need to be BiS it just needs to be best in content. Usually if instances have cloth bracers they also have leather bracers somewhere. If the cloth ones are better for the druid than the leather he should be free to roll on them. If they aren't then he absolutely can not roll or else the following will end up happening...

Boss A drops cloth bracers and the boomkin wins.

Next week, Boss B drops the leather bracers and ooh, they're better than the cloth ones, Boomkin wins again(since priest can't even roll). Now the priests BiS bracers get vendored.

It all comes down to knowing which upgrades drop in the content you're raiding and which are BiS for you. It could just as easily happen between two clothies as well. A healer could roll on a dps'ers BiS and then the dps'er gets the healers BiS when it drops because the healer already won something/is out of dkp. Selfishness hurts everyone in the long run.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

I usually don't roll on cloth unless it's a major upgrade and usually that's not really the case at this point in the game.

I roll on everything.

Priests, druids and shamans are no longer allowed to roll on any gear with hit rating, because that is stuff for pew pew casters.

Amidoinitrite?

personally the lack of hit doesn't make an cloth item an healer prio...
    on the other hand cloth using class have prio on it over leather using class, but i guess that should go without saying

Quote Originally Posted by Composure
    Priests, druids and shamans are no longer allowed to roll on any gear with hit rating, because that is stuff for pew pew casters.

Amidoinitrite?
    Heck yeah!