Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Anub'arak kill by Stars, Talent Calculator Update

Heroic Anub'arak World 2nd Kill by Stars
    Stars (Crystalspine Stinger - Taiwan) defeated Anub'arak in Heroic Mode a few hours ago and is the 2nd guild in the world to beat this encounter.

The hard modes were unlocked a day after the european servers ... but I will leave the comments to them.

From Stars (Source)
    12 attempts left.

Receiving it 6 days and facing bosses 1 day later than EU for such a small patch, this is all we have. We already tried our best.

World 2nd is world 2nd no matter what, we won't spend a lot of words on it. Instead, we just want to have our two cents here for Blizzard:

We totally understand why different regions get the patch on different days, which is absolutely worthy if most players can have better game experiences with less bugs. However, Blizzard please do make the hard mode really HARD so players from all regions have a chance to fight. By hard we mean challenging unknown rather than farming killed. Distinguishing top guilds by their farming capacity is just NOT the right way to go. In addition, we would really appreciate if you could bring PTR to Taiwan.

Everything we got belongs to all wow players who can speak Chinese ("ni hao" is enough ), no matter you are on the server of China, Taiwan, EU or US. Thank you very much for your supports! Thank Blizzard for making such a great game and Soft-World International for bringing it to Taiwan. Hope wowers on the China server can enjoy WoTLK soon.

Note: Don't worry, we only have 2 soulstones.

We are the Stars!

MMO-Champ Talent Calculator Updated
    The Talent Calculator has been updated with a few extra features to make it ... well, less lame. Feel free to report any bugs, suggestions, or complain for no reason in comments.

Shorter URLs
    The URLs have been shortened drastically, people shouldn't hate you as much as before when you post one on forums.

Developers Note - It didn't seem like a good idea to keep the URL compression secret, if you want to get a look at the code download mmoc-talent-v2-encoder-decoder.zip and check the Readme to understand how it works.

Build Selection
    You can now select the version of the game from the menu at the bottom right of the screen, Live and current PTR versions are clearly labeled to make your life even easier.

Import and Export
    You can now Import and Export talent calculators from/to the WoWArmory, the old MMO-Champion URL, and even Wowhead for those of you who want to leave us. However keep in mind that we cannot detect the version of the build you will import from non MMO-Champion calculators.

Re: Anub'arak kill by Stars, Talent Calculator Update

Grats

Nicely done, congratulations!
    "Don't Blink. Blink and you are dead."

Awesome job! And no soulstone abuse either! PRO

Finland > China > ...?

The race is still on!

11,4k dps? O.o
    good job.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

STARS is truly the best.

Oh, and the talent calculator updates are awesome!
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

I wouldn't exactly call using wowhead leaving mmo-champion. For me, the two websites do drastically different things. If I want to read about up to date news I come to mmo-champion. If I want a talent calculator, gear information and a character template maker then I go to wowhead.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

When is FoK going to get nerf'd?

Congratulations Stars. Glad to see you killed him the this way. No clever use of mechanics, just top shelf play. I know your guild is frustrated with not getting content at the same time as the other regions, but you have proven you're one of the top guilds in the world. Keep it up.

Grats to Stars on their kill!

It really isn't fair though how everyone can't start at the same time with this kind of stuff, otherwise I'm sure Stars would take every important first out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Gz Stars, sad they didnt get number one but i forgive them

Congratulations!

I think I speak for a lot of people, from wherever, when I say congrats to STARS. They have proven they are not "one kill wonders," and have came through with another big kill. If they weren't on the map before (for some odd reason lol) they are now.

And they have a time/PTR handicap! Grats! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by WarmApplePie
    When is FoK going to get nerf'd?
    In 3.2.2. Unfortunately :/

Stars seems really bitter in their post, oh well.
    BAMF.

Gratz to Stars.

Nice update to the talent trees, but I do need to note that you could improve that spec you linked a little (yes I'm picky/elitist like that >_>).

Quote Originally Posted by jjcoola
    I think I speak for a lot of people, from wherever, when I say congrats to STARS. They have proven they are not "one kill wonders," and have came through with another big kill. If they weren't on the map before (for some odd reason lol) they are now.

And they have a time/PTR handicap! Grats! 8)
    There used to be someone named jjcoola on my server...

Wait, did I read that right. Taiwan "doesn't" have access to ptrs? If that's the case than they're at a huge disadvantage against other European/US guilds. Just goes to show you how good they really are. Very impressive.

Technically world first?