Thread: DPS specs

DPS specs

erm i was searching last nicht here for a unholy dps build...
    i found 2 specs....
    1x a wired 0-10-61 ( wired cuz no 2hd or dual skilling )

and a 12-0-59

i wanted to test the 12-0-59 bus well it seems my DK is buggy...
    i found a lot of skills inside MY talent tree unholy...wo are not listed in the 12-0-59 tree
    is there any ACTUALL 0-10-61 +12-0-59 talent build link anywhere without a damn talent tree from 3.0 or 3.1 ??
    and some suggestions about the DPS rotations ?

Re: DPS specs

12-0-59 - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat..._c73rI7,,10392 - When 3.1 came out, this was thought to be the best DPS spec before you got 1/2 (or so) Ulduar gear.

0-10-61 - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...mcmfJGu,,10392 - When 3.1 came out, this was thought to be the best DPS spec after you got 1/2 (or so) Ulduar gear. It was later proved to be out dpsed by ArP Blood.

0-17-54 - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...d_tiN8g,,10392 - This is the leading Unholy dps spec in 3.2 (Unholy is behind DW Frost and Blood atm). It is used once you get about 20% ArP. You replace Scourge Strike with Obliterate.

All of them go something like:

IT PS BS BS SS Dump (DC)
    SS SS SS Dump (DC)
    Repeat

Or a priority system:

Diseases > SS > BS > Dump

If you want to use Ghoul Frenzy, you would use Blood Tap and use Ghoul Frenzy instead of a Blood Strike, and you will not mess up your rotation.

yea what he said but unless your still not clear the 00/17/54 build is the unholy obliterate build

in the rotation he gave just swap out all the ss's for obliterates

There are 2 variations for the unholy obliterate build, 1 uses CotG for more RP. The other gets Subversion for the Crit increase and the treat reduction. As far as i can remember the Subversion build will eventually outperform the CotG specc when you get tons of ArP. (I don't know the exact point, if you're interested go look it up on the EJ Unholy 2h DPS thread.)

3/13/55 is actually the leading unholy build but unholy if sov and 4 set t9 are available to you

15+ Year Old Account

13/37/0 is pretty leet, or leet-o in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by imgladidonthavedowns
    3/13/55 is actually the leading unholy build but unholy if sov and 4 set t9 are available to you

Ah yes those were the requirements, thanks for reminding me.

so obliterate with the crazy amounts of +crit % talents is out performing scourge strike with the +30% bonus dmg to crits?

seems obliterate is a less attractive option when you aren't getting 240% dmg crits....
    Luck, often enough, will save a man, should his courage hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fano7

0-17-54 - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...d_tiN8g,,10392 - This is the leading Unholy dps spec in 3.2 (Unholy is behind DW Frost and Blood atm). It is used once you get about 20% ArP. You replace Scourge Strike with Obliterate.

All of them go something like:

IT PS BS BS SS Dump (DC)
    SS SS SS Dump (DC)
    Repeat

Or a priority system:

Diseases > SS > BS > Dump

If you want to use Ghoul Frenzy, you would use Blood Tap and use Ghoul Frenzy instead of a Blood Strike, and you will not mess up your rotation.
    hmmm i check the talent build of this spec, and iam wondering about 2 things..
    why there isent any weapon talent choosen ? i mean not even 2hd or duals....
    isent it neede ??????

Quote Originally Posted by roppwow
    isent it neede ??????
    Reason for no 2h specialization for 17/54 (2h version) is simple: the spec requires 17pts in Frost to have Chill of the Grave (25 RP in one full rotation) to do viable dps.
    3/13/54 is closer on getting the weapon talent, afterall it is ~0.67% dps per point (when added the fact that you need 4 extra pts to get it maxed) and Morbidity is ~0.54% dps per point. But the problem is that you cannot get more than 3 available pts from Unholy (and none available in Frost due to Annihilation) since everything besides Morbidity (and probably Impurity) are either better %dps/point (UB, Wandering Plague, Bone Shield etc.) or mandatory (Gargoyle, Epidemic, Ravenous Dead etc.).

Unholy Oblit (DW) on the other had does use "it's" talent. Rotation and priorities are the same as for 2h Unholy.
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

With the nerf to Armor Pen upcoming, there isn't a clear point where 3/13/55 will start outperforming 0/17/54 after that point. More testing will need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by imgladidonthavedowns
    any advise for a rotation for these spec ?

isent it neede ??????
    This spec is a 2h spec, but to get the 2h weapon talent in the Blood tree, you need to spend 12 points in it, which the specs cannot afford. I'm going to assume you mean "isn't it needed" and not "isent it neede." No, it isn't needed.

any advise for a rotation for these spec ?
    Look at my first post again, I listed the rotation, just replace SS with Obliterate. I'll post it again though.

Something like.

IT PS BS BS SS Dump (DC)
    Obl Obl Obl Dump (DC)
    Repeat

Or a priority system:

Diseases > Obl > BS > Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenborne
    so obliterate with the crazy amounts of +crit % talents is out performing scourge strike with the +30% bonus dmg to crits?

seems obliterate is a less attractive option when you aren't getting 240% dmg crits....

What talent gives 30% crit bonus to ss???

that would be the tier 1 talent
    Vicious Strikes - Rank 2/2
    Increases the critical strike chance by 6% and critical strike damage bonus by 30% of your Plague Strike and Scourge Strike. (emphasis added)

while i can appreciate having an extra 9% crit, +3% crit on oblit build... does the 20% ArP and 12% extra crit beat out the 230% armor ignoring +6% crit Scourge strike? when you consider the
    Outbreak - Rank 3/3
    Increases the damage of Plague Strike by 30% and Scourge Strike by 20%.

+13% add'l magic dmg from the talent -
    Ebon Plaguebringer - Rank 3/3
    Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases magic damage taken by 13% in addition to increasing disease damage taken. Improves your critical strike chance with weapons and spells by 3% at all times.

and +10% dmg from the frost talent
    Black Ice - Rank 5/5 Increases your Frost and Shadow damage by 10%.

added to:

Scourge Strike - Rank 1/1
    An unholy strike that deals 40% of weapon damage as Shadow damage plus 317.5, total damage increased 10% per each of your diseases on the target

Do all those modifiers still not stack up to
    Obliterate Rank 4 - A brutal instant attack that deals 80% weapon damage plus 467.2, total damage increased 12.5% per each of your diseases on the target, but consumes the diseases.

-with the +12% crit and 20% ArP?

seems to me the talented strike should out-perform the standard dbl rune strike that is available as a base skill.
    Luck, often enough, will save a man, should his courage hold.