Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Wrath Hotfix, Recent In-Game Fixes 08/09

I see a clear pattern here. ;D

Week 1 - Northrend Beasts made available for everyone.
    Week 2 - Lord Jaraxxus made available for everyone.
    Week 3 - Faction Champions made available for everyone.
    Week 4 - Twin Val'kyrs made available for everyone.
    Week 5 - Anub'arak made available for everyone.
    Week 6 - Northrend Beasts (HC) made available for everyone.
    Week 7 - ?
    Week 8 - ?
    Week 9 - ?
    Week 10 - ?

Your guess is as good as mine. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Snikeren
    The thing is, people might look at this as the only option they have for beating Anub, and Blizzard don't want people to bring 5 paladins to the raid just because of one boss (although it is one of the toughest so far).

Raid composition should be completely random, and yet should they be able to kill the boss, as long as they have the skills and the gear (and of course the proper talents for their respective role). Blizzard didn't intend using Holy Wrath as THE way of killing the boss, and therefore preventing people from thinking so.
    This.
    This is what people need to realize.

15+ Year Old Account

We just did a try in heroic 25man, perfect phase 1, CR the 1 dead tank, and guess what - the worms despawn right infront of us.

This is the hardmode yeah? Blizzards way of saying "Now when you finally dont have anyone dc'ing on your try, the encounter must be bugged, lets despawn the shit"?

Christ, so tired of this instance already.

Only me that think it's nice that it's the first time (for me as a horde anyway) ever where pallys are worth
    stacking? ;D

I am a paladin, and i understand why they made this Holy Wrath Hotfix. Blizzard is looking at it in the long run.

I mean, if gathering up a whole bunch of paladin for holy wrath spamming to make phase 3 easy was correct, then most guilds who don't have the luxury of getting alot of paladins (Although ever since wotlk, Paladins basically resurfaced in large numbers, so i highly doubt this) or start replacing people in unusual numbers to kill a boss because X class has a clear advantage over Classes Y.

This doesn't mean that Blizzard is out to destroy the paladin class, they did enough of that during original and Burning Crusade. I am pretty sure they are finally trying to make amends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Exploiting ?

When it´s in the game. it´s in the game. That simpel.
    This is a game and we all should be laughing at "exploits" and try to use it ! It´s smart and clever.
    I don´t see any bad behavior in that.

It´s not like a god mode or trainer you can install. IT´s in the game !

People like you seem to be confusing hack and exploit. A hack is doing something not possible in the game. An exploit it taking advantage of something already there. How can you exploit something that is not in the game? They used a mechanic that obviously wasn't intended by blizzard and it was nerfed. Exploit doesn't always mean cheating, and that's where most people get confused. Its simply taking advantage of the system (with varying degrees of "cheapness"). Blizzard can define whatever they want as an exploit, and take whatever actions they want against it. Usually resulting in a nerf (in this case), and in rare cases even a ban for those involved. It all depends on how "bad" Blizzard perceives the exploit to be.

10+ Year Old Account

*still waiting for the nerf to the resto druid in the Faction Champs encounter*

*twiddles thumbs* :

edit: emphasis on the RESTO druid

I am surprised they buffed Jaraxxus. At least in tens, we found him by far the hardest of the first four bosses. We spent about 8 tries to down him last week (as opposed to 2, 1 and 2 for the other three bosses before AN), and struggled mightily to down him last night. He seems to remind me of Sarth+3D in tens, where what you really need is 11 people. Jaraxxus does too much damage (and with too many silences and range issues) to consistently handle with two healers, yet only five dps makes it iffy for U25/10hm-geared players to down the portals.

Why the hell weren't the twins buffed? Having them be such cupcakes in heroic is sickening.

PS Blizzard, you missed such a GREAT opportunity in the twins heroic fight. If healers could only heal people of the same color, you would have made one of the most unique and exciting healer fights in the game.

Whats with the HW hotfix after 2 guilds already completed AC HC with it?
    Surely this could have been picked up from attempts and hotfixed when "the race" was still on?
    O well, let the race for AC HC v2.0 continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Flammable
    I hate to break this to you this but Beasts was being killed by "good" guilds not because of their item level but because of their skill.
    I hate to break this to you this [sic] but Beasts is a gear check, saying "skill" is needed for beasts is incredibly stupid.

A) Can you move out of fire? - Check
    B) Can you switch to adds (1-2, not 10+)? - Check
    C) When you get a debuff can you run to a person in the raid? - Check
    D) Can you dodge a boss who clearly states he's running at you? - Check

Grats on your free loot
    BAMF.

I wouldnt call the first boss in ToC HC a random boss, the Impale is on a near to perfect timer. And when you know a big burst is coming you can act on it and do something instead of just taking 50k and whining about being killed in 0,2 secs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bips
    Trolling about Stars/Paragon and QQ about hardmode buffs/nerfs will earn everyone in here permanent ban, like that guy here.
    Pwned?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    Is everyone skipping over the part where they actually made the 2nd encounter a bit harder?

Lord Jaraxxus

* Infernal Eruption will now spawn an additional Felflame Infernal the instant the eruption occurs.
    * Nether Portal now summons Mistresses of Pain slightly more often.

That seems more like a buff there than a nerf
    Exactly. What these rampaging retards don’t understand is these are FIXES.

Please, by all means present me with threads were scores of Casuals (Who, incase you didn’t know, are the majority and deserve the most attention) demanding nerfs like this or gtfo lame hardcore living in your mums basement. Raiding too easy? Ok show me all your Ulduar achievements kk?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli
    gtfo lame hardcore living in your mums basement
    Lmao this one was nice

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by karage
    Lmao this one was nice
    That was a bit confusing, I used both American English and British English. Well in the UK we hardly ever use the word basement, more like “Cellar”. I watch too much American TV…

Anyhow I got another thing to add- Sitting behind a keyboard pressing buttons is not hard work.
    You are insulting every single man and woman who gets up every day and contributes to society. Were as you are contributing to a fake, imaginary society called an online game. It's "Hard" within the context of a game, but that doesn't matter for shit.