Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Upcomming ARP nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Box of Rox
    Kitty DPS got screwed over the hardest in this nerf.
    Not really. Kitty's have so much ArP they were hardcapped and then gemming agility because they could. Now they will still hardcap and just not gem as much agility afterwords.

It's actually not that big of a nerf. 12% of 33% of your damage actually affected by ArP (Which is never 100%)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Not really. Kitty's have so much ArP they were hardcapped and then gemming agility because they could. Now they will still hardcap and just not gem as much agility afterwords.

It's actually not that big of a nerf. 12% of 33% of your damage actually affected by ArP (Which is never 100%)
    Something around the area of 82% of damage done by blood scales with arp.

Right now we are good enough that we can take this nerf without massively significant losses though.

125 -> 110 = 12% ArP Nerf

Using my actual gear to do the maths.

13,083 Base Armor Wotlk
    10,643 Base Armor Nerfed ( 3.0.X? )

20% Sunder = -2128,6 armor
    5% Faerie Fire = -532,15 armor

Sunder+Faerie fire = 7982,25 armor

7982,25 armor left on the boss

3.2 LIVE - 40%ArP(gear) + 10%Talent = 3991,125 Armor
    3.2.2 PTR - 35%ArP(gear) + 10%Talents = 3592,0125 Armor (35.2% to be exact but im tired )

399,1125 armor ( here is our BIG OMFG nerf 400 armor!!!! )

3.2 LIVE 3991,125 Armor ( Armor Left on the boss )
    3.2.2 PTR 4390,2375 Armor ( Armor Left on the boss )

EDIT:
    LIVE: 20.80% Damage Reduction left on the boss
    PTR: 22.40% Damage Reduction left on the boss

+1.60% Nerf ( at 50% ArP with talents, also our physical damage arent 100% of our overall damage )

Short Answer: Dont Worry.

or im a stupid? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphorian
    If this is true blood dps will be kinda screwed, but I would not estimate the dps loss to be this high.. and it's highly depandant on which gear you have atm..
    Example: if you have around 40% armor penetration, you will end up at 35% (40 x 0.88), the more you have, the more you will notice the nerf etc..

It's still a good stat, but str just got lot more attractive
    Even if it was that high...

I do around 5k DPS in a 10man. Now calculating a 5% loss (i choose a number between the 4 and 7%), i would only loose 250 dps.

If it was the full out 7% I would loose 350. It's hardly game-breaking....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.